why can i not have

jcool

Did you choose a cabin that has sleeping facilities for more than two people?

Normally they reserve quads for three or more people.

If you book at the last minute, and all they have left are quads, then yes, you would likely be able to book it.

Thinfool

Yes I did pick a cabin that has more than 3 people. But the website say I can have it the. No did not pick anything for the last min.

But if you continued the booking process, did the website let you book it?

For popular sailings or getting-full sailings Carnival y will often not let you underbook a cabin.

Also be aware that the contract indicates that if you do underbook a cabin and they need it, they can move you to a cabin that fits your number of passengers (having said that, we rarely see any posts of that happening). Ken

Did you choose a cabin that has sleeping facilities for more than two people?

Normally they reserve quads for three or more people.

If you book at the last minute, and all they have left are quads, then yes, you would likely be able to book it.

Those cabins are set up to get fares for 3 or 4, not give the cabin to someone with less people. There are so many cabins for 2 .

I wanted to move to a quad that just opened on the Miracle (closer to the elevator), but my PVP advised me that if someone wanted to book it, we would be booted, even if I needed it because I was disabled. I decided to keep the original cabin, even though it was further away from the elevator.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

They do that so they can fill the ship to capacity. If only 2 people book all the quads...they will be shorted those fares. You need to either wait until the last minute, when they aren't selling those cabins...or book the amount of beds you need in advance.

Why when you look up prices on a cruise they say you can have a room but when you call asking about the same cabin they say no you can't have it because you need more people.

The reservation and sales reps on the phone are trained to avoid what other's here have said, and that's to "avoid spoilage" or under booking a cabin.

I understand that they can not put me in cabin for more then 3 but why is the website say they can.

I booked online, and it let me book a quad even though there is only 3 in my party. When I had called in for a price protection adjustment, the rep advised they would need to move me to a cabin for 3. I asked this same question. She said the website booking engine did not have edits in to prevent it. It would show a pool of available cabins that met or exceeded the occupancy that I needed. I was really ticked at first, but got over it quickly. Realized they actually upgraded me, and I got a better cabin location than I had originally selected.

When DH and I decided to change from ocean view to balcony, the cabin that we wanted ( we look to see what's available, then call) was for 5 people, there's only two of us. We couldn't have that room, but gave us a quad room. They did tell us that if someone needed the quad room, we would be moved to a double IF available (same class or better) and if a double wasn't available we would stay where we are.. I'm just happy we have a balcony!!! Can't wait to cruise!!!