Drink package liberty of the seas

Do you still have to sign for every drink you get on the drink package? When we were on Navigator last year Vintages was out of approx 2/3 of their wines available by the glass on the premium drink package, is this still the case? Where on the ship can you get fresh squeezed oj? Also, what brands of champagnes and sparkling wines are available on the premium drink package?

Do you still have to sign for every drink you get on the drink package? When we were on Navigator last year Vintages was out of approx 2/3 of their wines available by the glass on the premium drink package, is this still the case? Where on the ship can you get fresh squeezed oj? Also, what brands of champagnes and sparkling wines are available on the premium drink package?

We had to sign very few receipts on our last cruise.

You can get fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast in Windjammer and the Main Dining Room, and also at the Squeeze juice bar on the pool deck.

Recent wine list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49238603&postcount=13

Wines up to $12 per glass are included in the package.

Thanks very much for the response. I sure hope we don't have to sign for very many drinks as it was extremely annoying last year.

If you tend to give a cash tip, then give it up front, when the bar server takes your SeaPass card. This seemed to eliminate all the signing.

Some ships seem to have a policy of having receipts signed.

I know, I've signed them when I've had the package. If she finds signing a receipt "extremely annoying" I'd hate to she what she thinks of people showing up on formal night dressed in shorts, but that's a whole bother topic[emoji6]

After taking cruises with Celebrity and not having to sign for anything on the beverage package I guess I got spoiled. I do find it annoying to have to sign for every drink and that is my opinion. Does anyone have info regarding availability of the wines on the menu (last year on Navigator they were out of a lot of the options by the glass but the beverage package was still relatively new at that time so I am hoping there has been some improvement)

Since you mentioned the Premium drink package and fresh squeezed oj in the same post, I want to point out that the fresh-squeezed oj is only included with the Ultimate package (and Replenish I believe). You would have to pay extra for it with the Premium package.

Was on Liberty about a month ago with the drink package...the vast majority of the time we did not sign, but it appeared to be up to the individual bartender. It did seem like anytime a server brought a drink to a seat or table (such as in the theater or pool) they brought a slip, when you just ordered at the bar about 90% of the time we did not sign. In the MDR we ordered wine each night and did not have to sign there either.

Also regarding Vintages...as mentioned wines up to $12 are included, but anything over $12 you only pay the difference. Bottles are not included, I don't recall as we did not get any but I think there *may* be a discount of some sort.

Edited by Ragtop Day

Can you say first world problems?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I totally agree, but I suppose any complaint about a cruise, except for maybe some disaster, would fall in this line:)

And I did make a mistake and stated I purchased the premium drink package but it is the ultimate and includes all drinks.

• 2 months later...
After taking cruises with Celebrity and not having to sign for anything on the beverage package I guess I got spoiled. I do find it annoying to have to sign for every drink and that is my opinion. Does anyone have info regarding availability of the wines on the menu (last year on Navigator they were out of a lot of the options by the glass but the beverage package was still relatively new at that time so I am hoping there has been some improvement)

Times are a changing, even on Celebrity. We had to have our drink card out every time we ordered a drink in the MDR.

Agree with others, we were on Liberty last week and sometimes we signed but about half the time they did not ask. Would highly recommend the martini classes given at the R bar a couple of times during the cruise. Ship looked great.

We were on the Anthem last month (Premium package) and had to sign for drinks every time, except for bottled water and in the dining room after the first night because we had DD Classic (same servers every night).

We often had a large group sitting by the pool or bar or club and we would just leave our cards on the table and the person closest to to the server would sign all the receipts. Lol.

The bars always had at least a few wines in every category available with the Premium and Select packages.

I haven cruised Royal in about 5 years. I can't seem to find what the policy is concerning bring your on diet caffeine free Cokes. I can't stand fountain drinks.

I am platinum on Royal ( not that that matters) but I really need help with this.

Your response will be helpful.

I haven cruised Royal in about 5 years. I can't seem to find what the policy is concerning bring your on diet caffeine free Cokes. I can't stand fountain drinks.

I am platinum on Royal ( not that that matters) but I really need help with this.

Your response will be helpful.

Bringing any beverage onboard other than the two 750ml bottles of wine is against the rules. However, Royal usually does not enforce that rule in the case of water and soda.

Can you say first world problems?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I disagree. The printing of receipts seems to be nothing more than a hint for an extra tip on top of 18% When I'm having to walk to the bar to wait in line for a beer a already paid for instead of having the drink delivered pool side or slot machine side (as it was just a couple of years ago)... I was tempted to use the receipt for toilet paper as it was of better quality than what's in the heads.