Check-In for 1 concierge cabin and 1 inside cabin for same family

Coarsegold_Mom

Hi there - I was wondering if someone could tell me about check-in when boarding the ship (1 concierge room, 1 inside cabin). We have 5 of us traveling split between 2 cabins. My husband, 9 year old son and me are in a concierge room. My mother-in-law and 7 year old son are in an inside cabin. All charges are on our credit card. Can we all check-in together in the concierge line?

Thanks!

Hi there - I was wondering if someone could tell me about check-in when boarding the ship (1 concierge room, 1 inside cabin). We have 5 of us traveling split between 2 cabins. My husband, 9 year old son and me are in a concierge room. My mother-in-law and 7 year old son are in an inside cabin. All charges are on our credit card. Can we all check-in together in the concierge line?

Thanks!

Yes.

We have also done this at the airport when we fly FC and our travel companions are coach. If there is a long line for Coach check in, we all pile into the FC line...I am sure to the chagrin of others but we try not to hold up any progress for very long. We are traveling with 5 adults next year and we have same category cabins but DH and I are Elites so we planned on all of us checking in thru the same line

Edited by misha1

We have also done this at the airport when we fly FC and our travel companions are coach. If there is a long line for Coach check in, we all pile into the FC line...I am sure to the chagrin of others but we try not to hold up any progress for very long. We are traveling with 5 adults next year and we have same category cabins but DH and I are Elites so we planned on all of us checking in thru the same line

Seriously, you all 'pile into' the First Class line at the airport? I trust the gate attendant stops this. People pay dearly for First Class and the ability to get their bag into the overhead bin. 'Just because' they're traveling with you they does not entitle them to board with First. If their boarding pass indicates that they have priority boarding, fine, but being part of your group of family or friends means nothing.

That's completely different from having Inside and Suite pax board together on a ship.

Seriously, you all 'pile into' the First Class line at the airport? I trust the gate attendant stops this. People pay dearly for First Class and the ability to get their bag into the overhead bin. 'Just because' they're traveling with you they does not entitle them to board with First. If their boarding pass indicates that they have priority boarding, fine, but being part of your group of family or friends means nothing. That's completely different from having Inside and Suite pax board together on a ship.

I could be wrong but I believe Misha simple meant check in where you check your bags before security. She did not mention anything about boarding, or their taking over head bins in 1st class. I could be wrong but don't people prefer to put their things above their seat? Why would one want to put their stuff in 1st class where it s not easily accessible?

Thanks!

Yes, you can definitely do this. We are Elite but travel with family who are Elite+ and sometimes travel in Aqua class or concierge class. We always stay together. It has never been an issue. It is easier to set up on the same card if you are all together too.

Ship check in and boarding aren't really the same as airport check in, because the payment accounts must be set up.

At the pier, all passengers traveling in a "group" can check in together, and probably should check in together when their accounts are linked to one credit card. But even when the accounts are on different credit cards, checking in together is allowed.

So, generally all passengers can check in together, whether at the pier or at the airport although at some airports there is a screener who will direct those not in First/Business to the general check in lines.

On boarding the plane, since the boarding passes are scanned, the gate agent will often turn away passengers who are not priority boarding until their zone is called.

I could be wrong but I believe Misha simple meant check in where you check your bags before security. She did not mention anything about boarding, or their taking over head bins in 1st class. I could be wrong but don't people prefer to put their things above their seat? Why would one want to put their stuff in 1st class where it s not easily accessible?

Thank you, that is exactly what I meant and I was being light hearted at that, we never have more than 4-5 people traveling and if we can all stay together, it is best in my mind.

Seriously, you all 'pile into' the First Class line at the airport? I trust the gate attendant stops this. People pay dearly for First Class and the ability to get their bag into the overhead bin. 'Just because' they're traveling with you they does not entitle them to board with First. If their boarding pass indicates that they have priority boarding, fine, but being part of your group of family or friends means nothing.

That's completely different from having Inside and Suite pax board together on a ship.

It's all about ME!!

We have never found check in at the "special" lines.....Elite, concierge, or whatever...to be faster and at times they are even slower.....and generally, the difference is in a few minutes. It's not like the ship is going to leave without you. :)

On another cruise line several years ago, I noticed a family of 7 grab a wheelchair in the check-in lobby, plop grandma in the chair, and the whole family butted every line there was to get on board early. After that, I noticed grandma walking all over the ship just fine, unless there was another line and then they would show up with grandma in a wheel chair to butt that line as well.

Those folks were probably chair hogs too.

Some people have no class:D