Welcome aboard photo

princess-mommy

My family has been on many cruises and we have plenty of the classic welcome aboard photos. Our last cruise we decided to do something a little bit different. We posed for our regular welcome aboard photo, but we also change things up a bit and did a classic Charlie's Angels pose. I have to say it was one of our favorite pictures we've taken because it showed the fun we were about to have. My question is what have you done in photos to have fun. Our son wants to do a classic "Star Wars" pose this year (you know the one you see with Han, Leah and Luke Skywalker). Any other ideas. I'd love to see pictures if anybody else has had a bit of fun posing for cruise photos.

As do we, I know they have a job to do but I can get irritated waiting in line to bypass them.

I don't wait. Of course I won't walk in front of the camera when the photog is about to take someone's pix, but other than that, it's full steam ahead.😎

Edited by Treven

On the other side of the coin, I walk right by the photog.

Sometimes we don't even do that. Long Beach has an elevator before the photogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is my goal to cover one wall with embarkation photos:D. It wasn't us and I don't think it was planned but a family on the Gem showed up on embarkation day with green shirts on. Green shirts that exactly matched the green screen used for the embarkation photo. Their finished photo was disembodied heads and arms and it looked awesome. I don't know if they bought it or not but I know that I would have.

We aren't big fans of the photo because we normally look wiped out from traveling. We did try something different on our last cruise. I grabbed my wife and leaned her over and gave her a big kiss just like the famous WWII photo of the sailor kissing the nurse. It turned out great and made us laugh. :D