Allure 1/8/2017 Drink Packages

My Fiancee and I swapped our honeymoon cruise from the Oasis on an eastern route over to the Allure on a western route. I noticed the price of the drink packages were about $8/day less after we switched to the Allure. We got a junior suite on the Allure which we did not have on the Oasis but I don't think thats why. Is it a sale that I need to jump on now, or is the price going to remain low like this?

My Fiancee and I swapped our honeymoon cruise from the Oasis on an eastern route over to the Allure on a western route. I noticed the price of the drink packages were about $8/day less after we switched to the Allure. We got a junior suite on the Allure which we did not have on the Oasis but I don't think thats why. Is it a sale that I need to jump on now, or is the price going to remain low like this?

Some sailings are getting a 20% discount, but there does not appear to be a pattern to the sailings which get the discounts.

I don't think $49 is a discounted price for the Premium package. If it is one of the discounted sailings, it will say 20% discount. Try adding it to your cart and see if the price increases? You can always remove it before purchasing. :)

I don't think $49 is a discounted price for the Premium package. If it is one of the discounted sailings, it will say 20% discount. Try adding it to your cart and see if the price increases? You can always remove it before purchasing. :)

Like I said the oasis was $57, $67 for PP and UP. Maybe its just cheaper, either way I may just book it if they will stand by that price! saves nearly $100! Times two people thats a big deal, it will pay for some shopping/shore excursions.

Some cruise planners are showing 18% gratuities added and some aren't. Our Liberty cruise is showing the $49 price, but then you add it to your cart and the price increases to the $57. I do hope that it works out for you! :)

Edited by Coralc

Is showing drink packages prices with / without gratuities intentional by RC or is this a IT issue?

On my upcoming Oasis cruise the premium drink package is listed at $49 per day. As previously noted, with the 18% it's about $57 per day.

Why does the same ship show the cost differently? The cruise planner should not matter.

Is showing drink packages prices with / without gratuities intentional by RC or is this a IT issue?

On my upcoming Oasis cruise the premium drink package is listed at $49 per day. As previously noted, with the 18% it's about $57 per day.

Why does the same ship show the cost differently? The cruise planner should not matter.

My experience is that when you add the package to your cart and check-out, the 18% gets added.

Cruisinthrough,

to clarify, My price on the webpage advertises "$49 per person per day!" When added to my cart on a 7 day cruise, my total is $404.74. Which is:

(47)x(7 days)x(18% Gratuity)

Or about $57.82 per day.

On the oasis booking for the same week my price IN THE CART was:

(57)x(7 days)x(18%)=470.82

Or about $67.26 per day.

Not really sure why this is. When we did the liberty two weeks ago, it was 55 per day PLUS 18%, so it worked out to close to $65 per day.

I'm not entirely sure the situation. But I think I will book one for me and one for my Fiancee while the price is what it is.

Edited by atnolan94

Atnolan94, thank you for the clarification. My total on the Oasis sailing is also $404.72 in the cart (18% gratuities added). I thought this was the regular price. I was waiting for the 20% sale to show up on my cruise planner but maybe the $49 price is the discount (roughy 16%).

This thread also indicates $49 is a discounted price. (Post 8 and 10).

Oasis drink package increase? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324149

I better purchase mine now as well. One thing I know for sure is Royal is consistent about being inconsistent. I think the price should be the same and advertised in the same way on all ships unless it's clearly advertised as a sale. This way everyone sees the same thing.

The only thing I can think is the price fluctuates depending on how many packages are being purchased through the cruise planner. Decisions are usually profit driven.

Edited by crusinthrough

I also was booked for a basic balcony suite on the Oasis, whereas I am booked for a Junior Suite on the Allure. But I'm not sure if thats a consideration.

Either way I will probably go ahead and buy and if they do a 20% deal I'll call and ask for a supervisor until they honor the price drop like they do for rooms!:D That will save me if the price were to go up.

The drink packages which I have seen were $49 plus the gratuity which made them $57.82. They sometimes just priced it at the $57.82 but didn't add the gratuity again on top of that. When I booked on the Enchantment it was just priced with the gratuity already included.

Though yesterday ours were $39.20 plus the 18%, which made it $416.30 for our 9 day cruise. So overall saved $104 for the cruise. The ultimate package was $47 plus gratuity.