Norwegian Escape: VIBE ??s

kayjay76

Hello everyone,

Any and all tips on the best way to get Vibe passes would be great!!!

A couple of questions:

1.) How many passes do they sell or how many people do they allow in Vibe?

2.) What is the earliest we can get in line to board to get to the desk to buy passes?

3.) How many passes can each person in line buy? Should each member of your party buy their own or can you buy for a whole group, of say 10 if available?

4.) Can you purchase these passes ahead of time, before boarding or do you have to go right when you board the ship? And can you purchases later in the week, say day 3 of your cruise?

Thank you all for any advice!

Hello everyone,

A couple of questions:

2.) What is the earliest we can get in line to board to get to the desk to buy passes?

3.) How many passes can each person in line buy? Should each member of your party buy their own or can you buy for a whole group, of say 10 if available?

4.) Can you purchase these passes ahead of time, before boarding or do you have to go right when you board the ship? And can you purchases later in the week, say day 3 of your cruise?

There have been several posts about the Escape Vibe over the past couple of months. You could do a search for more info. I was on the Escape the first week of March. Here are the answers to your questions from my experience. Hope you get it and have a great cruise. It was the highlight of our cruise.

1.) 75

2.) We waited in line outside Terminal B at 8:15AM and were not the first ones there. They opened both sets of doors at 9AM. We waited inside and at 9:30AM, they let us through the baggage scan area. We got Group 1.

3.) They hand out one number per person until all 75 are gone. Everyone that wants Vibe must be present. You can decide how to pay, whether individually or all on one account.

4.) All passes were gone within 5 minutes. Early boarders like Haven guests and those that need assistance will get there before Groups 1 and 2. It is even possible that they could be gone before Groups 1 and 2 get there. You will see a mad rush of people trying to get to the front of the groups when general boarding is called.

Sorry, did you get the vibe tickets from guest services or headliners?

Also, sounds a bit stressful. Is it really worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got them in Headliners. There will be staff pointing the way. Everyone flows into the same entrance. Go down a flight of stairs, past guest services and to Headliners.

It was stressful. Our morning started at 7AM. We waited in lines or the terminal until they let us on around 11AM. Everyone around us wanted the passes, but we all worked well together. Sit in the chairs near the boarding area and watch for the Haven guests to board. Once they do, Group 1 in Terminal B and Group 2 in Terminal C will follow shortly after. If you see people start to line up, jump in there. It is definitely worth it and we are going to repeat the experience for the Getaway in November.

Looks like I'll be in Terminal C, so I'll get Group 2. Will this affect my chances?

Just depends. We were within the first to board from our terminal and were given numbers in the low 30's. Definitely not a relaxing way to start your vacation :cool:

Are the passes attached to a person as in: This pass has person A's name on it and only person A can use it?

You get a wrist band and a key card assigned to you. Ro and Ariel will learn your names on the first day. They will know what you like to drink by the end of the day and will have it ready for you when you return the next day. The pass is meant for the person using it.

When I was on the Getaway they also gave an on board credit for use in the VIBE. Do they do that on the Escape as well? For example I had the Cabana which was @299 for 2 people, but I got a $100 back as an onboard credit.

Thanks!

What exactly is Vibe? Like reserved lounge chairs?

It's a private access area with upgraded loungers, a hot tub, a misting area and its own bar. Kid free but limited to, from what I've been told, 80 people a week hence all the Vibe questions. Most people, myself included, want tips, tricks and strategies for scoring them. NCL seemingly insists on keeping this idiotic Amazing Race like policy of getting them where to even have a chance, you have to get there when security opens the doors around 9am, hang around doing nothing for 2-3 hours then run like lunatics to Headliners on deck 6 in hopes of getting one.

But with 4,000+ onboard, including lots of screaming kids and basically one tiny pool, people have promised me it is worth the aggravation to be able to find peace and quiet for the week.

What....Can we discuss more why if you are in the Haven on the Escape, you would need a Vibe pass.

On other ships, the Haven area has an upper outdoor deck with it's own bar, own cushioned seating, sort of overlooking the main pool. Does this not exist on the Escape?

I like the courtyard but on days at sea I want to sit and look at the ocean, not the interior courtyard.

What....Can we discuss more why if you are in the Haven on the Escape, you would need a Vibe pass.

On other ships, the Haven area has an upper outdoor deck with it's own bar, own cushioned seating, sort of overlooking the main pool. Does this not exist on the Escape?

I like the courtyard but on days at sea I want to sit and look at the ocean, not the interior courtyard.

I have not stayed in the Haven before, however, from what I have read its because the VIBE is 18 and over while the Haven has kids.

But I agree if I have those accommodations I would use those and be happy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No, Not the courtyard area. The upper deck of the Epic has a Haven area Adults 18 and over.....It has a bar, cushioned seats, etc. not the courtyard but the upper deck with the bar. Does this area not exist on the Escape like it does on the Epic?

If this area doesn't exist on the Escape then I will have to buy a Vibe pass but I don't see buying a Vibe pass with the Haven Upper Deck (adults only). Why on earth would Haven guests buy a Vibe pass?

Hello everyone,

A couple of questions:

I'm on a girls' cruise next month sailing one the escape. I usually cruise RCCL and haven't cruised on NCL since the beautiful Norway so I'm very far behind with NCL. So...... Can you tell me please, what is the Escape Vibe?

Thanks - :):)

OK, I just watched 2 hours of Youtube videos. The Escape Haven has the upper deck with the outdoor cushioned loungers. I can't imagine why a Haven Guest would buy a Vibe pass.

Maybe for the misters but that would be literally the only reason.