Royal credit card points ?

Has anyone recently used Royal credit card points to pay down a cruise before final payment ? What is the easiest way to go about this ? Can you also use them for pre-paid gratuities ? Any restrictions ?

The easiest redemptions are for OBC (on board credit) and cruise discounts. If you want to use the points for gratuities, remove the pre-paid gratuities and redeem points for enough OBC to cover the gratuities.

Redeem using this link:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea

The easiest redemptions are for OBC (on board credit) and cruise discounts. If you want to use the points for gratuities, remove the pre-paid gratuities and redeem points for enough OBC to cover the gratuities.

Redeem using this link:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

I have an 800.00 balance and 500.00 worth of points so I am looking to use it towards final payment, is that doable ?

I have an 800.00 balance and 500.00 worth of points so I am looking to use it towards final payment, is that doable ?

Unless things have changed recently, they will give it to you as a credit on your Visa account, they do not actually pay RCCL.

Check the redemption site, I'm sure it is explained there.

Unless things have changed recently, they will give it to you as a credit on your Visa account, they do not actually pay RCCL.

For us, it's been added to our cruise invoice as a credit.

Thanks for the link, Clarea! Could not find it anywhere on the BOA website or app. Just posted 350 OBC to my Liberty Apr 17 cruise, almost here!

You're welcome and Bon Voyage!

Every time we have redeemed points it shows up on our RCCL invoice and we have been doing it for over 10 years. For a 50,000 redemption we get a $500 credit; when we use it to purchase an OBC we get a confirmation via email and the OBC is on our sea pass account when we board the ship. We take the confirmation we have received with us, but have never had any problem.

It has never been a credit to our Visa account.

Well, I have been soundly corrected, twice.

I have Visa cards for the 3 lines I cruise frequently, 1 BOA and 2 Barclaycards.

I must have been thinking of one of the others,

That'll teach me to try to be helpful.

I wonder if you made your redemption after cruise final payment? In which case you would have received a credit to your card.