Size Sky Suite S1

Abernhar

Hi!

A few days ago i upgradede my 30/9-16 cruise on the Reflection from Aqua to Suite Guarante. The price went Down With 350$ at the same time !!!

Today i got asigned Sky Suite S1 number 2116.

I think i got a good deal but i se that some staterroms on "the hump" is avavible (2155, 2154, 2162) Are these staterooms any bigger or is it the same size ??? Just wondered if i should try to swich staterooms or keep mine ??

Any "reflections" on this matter would be great !!!

Arne

We just were on Reflection this month in cabin 2131. While I liked the cabin the noise on the balcony of the ship and waves crashing together I would find a different cabin. As yours is even more forward. Of the cabins available the best would be 2154. I did see that cabin 2116 was a Aqua Suite in the past. Which will give you the shower wall in your bath tub.

cabin 2131.pdf

cabin 2131 shower wall 1.pdf

We just were on Reflection this month in cabin 2131. While I liked the cabin the noise on the balcony of the ship and waves crashing together I would find a different cabin. As yours is even more forward. Of the cabins available the best would be 2154. I did see that cabin 2116 was a Aqua Suite in the past. Which will give you the shower wall in your bath tub.

We also just got off the Reflection last Saturday. We were in 2156. While the location was great- problems with the cabin- lots of overhead noise- also the water made very loud sounds when you put it on. My DH said must be air in the pipes. I would "assume" 2154 will have lot's of overhead noise until the wee hours also. The shower panel was nice- but I do not like sprayers all over and didn't use it. Enjoy your cruise.

I would choose 2162. It's in a great location and back a little so you won't hear a lot of chair scrapping from above like 2154/2155.

Hi Wine-O

If you recall, we changed the cabin based on your suggestion. While I did enjoy the location of the AS currently S1, and generous closet space- too much noise from the pool deck until about 11:30 PM. Sounded like people running. While on board, we booked a Celebrity Silhouette cruise for March 18, 2018. We will be in an aft cabin with cabins above and below us- The size of the cabin is actually bigger as it has a chair in addition to the sofa- and a large window. Have had aft cabins before and had a little too much sun all day-but in the evening it was fine- We will deal with a little soot on the balcony better then noise. We will also be on the Summit this summer and have booked an S1 cabin, I think 6146 which is next to the penthouse. We were very lucky to get this cabin. It is the one with the large green marble bathroom that includes a tub and separate shower stall.

Enjoy any cruises you have to come.

Hi Wine-O

If you recall, we changed the cabin based on your suggestion. While I did enjoy the location of the AS currently S1, and generous closet space- too much noise from the pool deck until about 11:30 PM. Sounded like people running. While on board, we booked a Celebrity Silhouette cruise for March 18, 2018. We will be in an aft cabin with cabins above and below us- The size of the cabin is actually bigger as it has a chair in addition to the sofa- and a large window. Have had aft cabins before and had a little too much sun all day-but in the evening it was fine- We will deal with a little soot on the balcony better then noise. We will also be on the Summit this summer and have booked an S1 cabin, I think 6146 which is next to the penthouse. We were very lucky to get this cabin. It is the one with the large green marble bathroom that includes a tub and separate shower stall.

We always book in that area - not in a Suite, but in AQ. With the exception of one evening during a Caribbean cruise when they had a loud pool deck party, we never had any issues with some occasional scrapping of chairs on the pool deck.

We had 2162 a few years ago. Views on the hump were very good, there was some noise from above, it only bothered me in the early morning when I wanted to sleep and early risers were at the pool, otherwise it is a very good location.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I thinking on keeping my stateroom. Do you have a list of the old "Aqua suite-statrooms" or a link to where i can find one ??

My wife loved the shower wall and now i can suprise her ???

Arne

Thanxs for the good advises folks!

I have to deside if i want to "take the struggle" With a statroom switch. In Norway were i'am living they normally dont allow us to switch staterooms, so i may have to contact someone at the US-Office ???

Arne

I thinking on keeping my stateroom. Do you have a list of the old "Aqua suite-statrooms" or a link to where i can find one ??

Arne

ImageUploadedByForums1459368500.725083.jpg.4076186a5e147e6b9bfdf592dcda9722.jpg

There is a sticky on the first page of the Celebrity boards with cabins information. Before switching your assigned cabin check what is on top of you. I think that having the Solarium on top of your cabin is better than the pool area. The Reflection is a beautiful ship!! Happy Cruising[emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji572]️

Arne

If you look at the deck plans, there are eight S1's that were the original S1's mixed in with the Aqua Class Suites. They have the the regular Suite shower rain heads. They are annotated by the little black square which denotes fold out sofa beds.

With the exception of those 8, all the rest were the old Aqua Class Suites with the shower panel.

Of course, the two back aft are the original S1's.

Hi Wine-O

We had 6146 a few years ago, it was lovely, no noise, great balcony and wonderful bathroom and a butler, enjoy, Margaret