Re-claiming old Mariner stars

Fischie

Has anyone been able to re-claim Mariner stars from a long time ago? We sailed on HA on the old Veendam to Bermuda in 1982 and on the old Nieuw Amsterdam in 1983 on one of it's "shake out" cruises to Bermuda and the Caribbean. We had stars for those trips and even got the Mariner magazine for a while...still have the dutch caps and hats they used to give out on "Dutch Nite" in the MDR. We sailed in the Med on the Eurodam in 2014 and are scheduled for the Konigsdam on April 27. HA said only with the boarding passes...but they are long gone...any passenger lists????

Has anyone been able to re-claim Mariner stars from a long time ago? We sailed on HA on the old Veendam to Bermuda in 1982 and on the old Nieuw Amsterdam in 1983 on one of it's "shake out" cruises to Bermuda and the Caribbean. We had stars for those trips and even got the Mariner magazine for a while...still have the dutch caps and hats they used to give out on "Dutch Nite" in the MDR. We sailed in the Med on the Eurodam in 2014 and are scheduled for the Konigsdam on April 27. HA said only with the boarding passes...but they are long gone...any passenger lists????

- I was lucky. in 1988 I was on the old Rotterdam and I received my mariners # in the low 6 digits,-they must of changed things in those 5 years, I would keep on trying to get those points if I was you :)-- it would be great PR for them---joanie

If you have any type of documentary proof, i.e. a photo with a date on it, send a copy of that to the Mariner's Society. I had a similar situation as yours twice: once on HAL and once on Cunard. Trying to obtain credit for a past HAL cruise, I had a photo of Captain van Zaane presenting me with my Cadet Certificate (when that type of recognition was being used by HAL). For Cunard, I had a dated photo of my dining room table companions and me on QE2. Both were accepted and led to proper crediting of my accounts for HAL and Cunard.

Good Luck!

Edited by rkacruiser

Prior to our Alaska cruise last May I decided to ask if we could be credited with our previous HAL cruise which was on the SS Rotterdam in 1974 - yes, 41 years before. Tucked in with our photos was the copy of the ticket. I quoted the particulars, including the cabin number, to the Mariners and they said it wasn't necessary to send in a copy to prove it and gave us a star.

I was able to without having any documentation. I wasn't even sure of the dates other than month & year. Did remember the itinerary. This was a cruise in the mid '80's and was able to do this in 2015.

Hooray and thanks to all who responded. Called Mariner Society number and gave them all the details about the sailings and they have credited my and DH's accounts for those trips. Thanks to Greg at HA Mariner's Society!