Towel Question

So it has been awhile since I have cruised RCI and I can't remember what the pool towels are like. Are they huge and thick like Carnival or are they thinner? In some ways I like the thinner because the Carnival towels would get so heavy when wet, but I like my towel to cover the lounger also!

Does RCI also have the towel huts on the pool deck to check them in and out with the room card or are they available anytime?

Trying to decide if I want to waste precious packing space for larger towels!

They aren't extremely thick...but they're big enough! Depends on the ship...they may be in your cabin, or you may have to get the on the pool deck. Some ships check them in and out...some don't! No worries...they are available for your use!

So it has been awhile since I have cruised RCI and I can't remember what the pool towels are like. Are they huge and thick like Carnival or are they thinner? In some ways I like the thinner because the Carnival towels would get so heavy when wet, but I like my towel to cover the lounger also!

Does RCI also have the towel huts on the pool deck to check them in and out with the room card or are they available anytime?

Trying to decide if I want to waste precious packing space for larger towels!

Royal has a towel station on the pool deck that is manned by crew members. They swipe your card when you check out towels.

Royal has a towel station on the pool deck that is manned by crew members. They swipe your card when you check out towels.

Some RCI ships do swipe your card some don't... this seems to vary from what we've noticed, and it possibly may be due to the itinerary (or their towel budget) :D.

Some RCI ships do swipe your card some don't... this seems to vary from what we've noticed, and it possibly may be due to the itinerary (or their towel budget) :D.

I've read some reports that cards are being swiped by scanners not even connected to computers, i.e., they are swiping for show. Odd.

I've read some reports that cards are being swiped by scanners not even connected to computers, i.e., they are swiping for show. Odd.

Odd....indeed...but...after all we're talking about RCI...and odd isn't unusual with my favorite cruiseline. We've actually found it to be SOP. :D

On Oasis now. They have the towel stands. If you put the towel at the top of your lounge chair and lay out in it, the towel hits the back of your thighs. It's okay but I wouldn't mind some more length to it.

On Oasis now. They have the towel stands. If you put the towel at the top of your lounge chair and lay out in it, the towel hits the back of your thighs. It's okay but I wouldn't mind some more length to it.

That's why we get two towels each.:)

I am usually a Carnival cruiser. On Carnival, there are two beach towels in your cabin on the first day. They are replaced whenever you want them to be. So, on the Oasis, I will get my tiwels from a towel hut. Do I have to return it there in order to get a clean one each time?

I am usually a Carnival cruiser. On Carnival, there are two beach towels in your cabin on the first day. They are replaced whenever you want them to be. So, on the Oasis, I will get my tiwels from a towel hut. Do I have to return it there in order to get a clean one each time?

Correct.

They are pretty Sibal with how many towels you take out and return. We took up quite a few and always return them, but they were never accounting to make sure. We were always honest about it obviously, but I wasn't paranoid about losing a towel and feeling like I was going to be charged.