beverage package

espresso68

The cost of the package does depend in the length of the cruise but if the cost per day has gone down that is good news. With the wine and beer at lunch and dinner I got off the ship from a 14 night cruise with around $100 drink charge. Not a big drinker so the package wouldn't be for me unless they start making fewer stops and I spend more time on board.

Exactly right and good point Dauntless. On our 29'day last year we did not use the Silver Spirits and like you, our extra purchases were small. That said, we were in a PV where minis are replenished daily, so if we wanted a mixed drink in our cabin it sometimes satisfied our taste buds what they offered....

Our 22 day next year to the Amazon will include much of the Caribbean offering, so it will be interesting to see how this progresses.....we will be in a DV without the daily mini replacement......but whether we will purchase Silver Spirits or not hasn't been really decided. We took some nice wine on board from Spain and other ports with us last time for special occasions.....there will not be that opportunity on the next itinerary.....rum, maybe. 😉

Does Viking Ocean have the same policy for bringing aboard hard liquor as Viking River? On our Grand European River cruise, we each (3 couples) brought a bottle of our favorite hard liquor and the staff kept it at the bar for us. They would make mixed drinks using our liquor at no charge. Pretty sweet deal!

With the larger capacity of the Ocean cruise, I wonder if they would do the same?

Becki - you just saved the day!!😂😂

It is my understanding that hard liquor, soft drinks, wine all okay to bring on board. We brought wine, and bought a bottle of Tallin Liquor that we brought on board with no questions asked. I don't know about leaving any with a bar tho -'that doesn't seem viable if you consider the number of bars and passengers, unlike their small river cruise ships.

VV,

You are most welcome! :D

I was thinking the same thing about keeping a bottle at the bar. On the river cruises, there are so fewer people and only one bar, but on Viking Oceans, more than 4× as many people and more bar venues, so may be less manageable.

Becki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Starting to rethink ....and may want to purchase the Premium Beverage Package. Too late to buy pre- cruise and MY JOURNEY doesn't give a price anymore. I am assuming 19.95/pp/day.....will they count/charge our last morning of debarkation as a day?

We are in a V cabin...if we opt for the upgrade can we request our minibar be stocked with alcohol and soda?

Did not see after dinner drinks on the sample menu....will Bailey's be included?

Starting to rethink ....and may want to purchase the Premium Beverage Package. Too late to buy pre- cruise and MY JOURNEY doesn't give a price anymore. I am assuming 19.95/pp/day.....will they count/charge our last morning of debarkation as a day?

We are in a V cabin...if we opt for the upgrade can we request our minibar be stocked with alcohol and soda?

Did not see after dinner drinks on the sample menu....will Bailey's be included?

Hi Dee. You can purchase it once on board. There will be a form in your Welcome Package that you can complete for the Premium Beverage Package. The price you mentioned is the correct amount. Can't answer the other questions. Have a great trip.

I believe that I read somewhere on CC that it does not include re-stocking the mini-bar. However, you can always get cans of soda in the World Cafe and bring them back to your cabin.

Yes, Bailey's is covered. Here are photos of the bar menu for the Explorer's Lounge. Price are from 6/16 and are subject to change.

The Viking Ocean Cruises Silver Spirits beverage package includes any drink up to $15, throughout the day and anywhere on the ship; [mini-bar replenishment; The Chef’s Table premium wine pairing; and 15% off premium beverages, Armagnacs and bottles of wine over $50.

but if we never had mini-bar (we are in V) may not get re-plenished!!!

I will call Viking for verification. Need to figure out if we are doing the package or stopping at duty free before we board the plane!

We are still on the fence with the Silver Spirits package ....we aren't heavy drinkers, however we do like better wines....and on sea days it's always nice to have a couple cocktails!☺

On our last trip we were PV and had the replenished minis when we were in the mode...and we were in ports that had good wines if we wanted to bring on board.

This next trip includes the Amazon and Caribbean- not necessarily good wine ports, However good rum ports! 😂 Not sure how much of that I really want to indulge in tho!!! So what to do.....the silver spirits is a stretch at 22 days......like I said.....still weighing the options.

We have 5 sea days

but we also have some very LONG days so won't even make it late enough for an after dinner drink some nights!!!

good to have choices......

On our river cruise we often left the dining room with a glass of wine.......did any of you see that done on your Ocean Ships?

We are still on the fence with the Silver Spirits package ....we aren't heavy drinkers, however we do like better wines....and on sea days it's always nice to have a couple cocktails!☺

On our last trip we were PV and had the replenished minis when we were in the mode...and we were in ports that had good wines if we wanted to bring on board.

This next trip includes the Amazon and Caribbean- not necessarily good wine ports, However good rum ports! 😂 Not sure how much of that I really want to indulge in tho!!! So what to do.....the silver spirits is a stretch at 22 days......like I said.....still weighing the options.

In the Caribbean, we enjoy those sweeter rum drinks, so for us during the day, it's a treat, at night, we like wine and my husband likes Italian liquors.

Those sweet rum drinks are right in my DH happy place - I would need to find caffeine free Diet Coke! I know Viking has regular Diet - anyone know if they have the caffeine free version?

We have 7 ocean days.....including New Years Eve/NY day...as well as being out on Christmas. So Just not decided at this point!

Has anyone seen an updated wine list of the house as well as silver Spirits wines?

We just returned from a river cruise with the Silver Spirits and lived it, so taking it in our two upcoming Viking Ocean cruises. It was great to have the option of different wines for me, and my husband enjoyed the martinis and other spirits. Well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your mileage may vary.

The understandable requirement that both cabin occupants must purchase the package may make it not the choice for some. We drink wine at dinner and most of the wines have been decent on Viking. Not so much on our last cruise, so I bought my wife a different "extra" vintage a couple nights. Their under 10 Euros charge per glass was reasonable, a lot less than the spirits package. Similarly, during the cruise, I had 3 Bombay Sapphire martinis for a similar low charge. I did mention on my Viking survey that Malbec night after night was not a good way to go with the standard offerings. They take note of less than 5 star rankings.

I like the way Viking does this, offering a extra charge Silver Spirits package for knowledgeable wine consumers and those who want spirits before and after dinner. On our cruise with all-inclusive Silverseas our long time travel companions nearly put them out of business while we subsidized the party! No problem though, I'd cruise Silverseas again.

Vineyard View, I am like you. I will be scouring Stockholm before boarding for caffeine free diet coke for me and pepsi for my husband. Actually, from what I understand I will be able to find it close to the hotel.

I know that we can bring wine on board but can we bring soda on board

Vineyard View, I am like you. I will be scouring Stockholm before boarding for caffeine free diet coke for me and pepsi for my husband. Actually, from what I understand I will be able to find it close to the hotel.

I don't see caffeine free on the price list. I'm a Pepsi drinker myself and Diet Pepsi is marketed as Pepsi Light in Europe.