Has anyone rented jet skis on Labadee

rkkunk

And if so, how was it? The rental is for an hour, right? Was it a tour type thing with a guide or are you just on your own? We are thinking of renting a jet ski there for my DH and DS, as my son has never ridden one before. What were people's experiences?

It's a "follow the leader" thing....there is a leader at the front, and a watcher at the back, to prod the "slow pokes" along!

If you just want to ride one, it's a fun time. If you want to "do your own thing"...this is not the place for it!

Edited by cb at sea

We have done the jet skis 3 times, and will be doing them again this summer.

When you check in usually recommended 10 min. before your scheduled time you fill out some more paperwork and waivers that at this time still cannot be done on line before you cruise.

Now me and DH did not have to show our drivers license, but DD did and two years ago she forgot it and the DH ran all the way back to the Allure to the 17th deck to get it and made it back in record time of 15 min.

Had she not had her license she would have to be a passenger on my DH's jet ski, and for her that would be BORING.

Make sure you read your ticket it will tell you who has to bring their drivers license......

After you check in and sign waivers you watch a 9 min water safety video.

Then one of the guides goes over the jet skis (they were brand new in 2015).

Then they rank you experience down the line, we were 1-2-3.

Were known as the Evil Kneval family

Then you proceed out to get your life vest.

You can wear your water shoes/ flip flops down to the dock and can either put them in the storage compartment on the jet skis or leave them on the one area of the deck.

My DH kept our water camera in here until he shot pictures.

Then you board your ski, turn it on and wait to go.

You idle out at first about 20 feet, then full throttle to the first bouy about 300 yards.

Were everyone meets up.

If they need to adjust the ranking order they do.

Then off they go, you stay about 100 feet behind the ski ahead of you and they tell you when to go.

There is a second guide behind to bring up the rear at the end of the pack.

You go for about 10 min. then stop and meet up and if they need to adjust the order they will.

You do this about 6 times.

On the last section you stop near the shore and some locals come out on the kayaks and try to peddle their wares, we just wave them off.

Then you head back and dock.

Why are we doing it for the 4th. time?????

Well we live in Ohio, (yup it snowed yesterday) and we do not take part in water sports and these guides know these waters and avoid reefs and such.

Yeah it may be follow the leader but, man you can move and really do not feel like you are on someones butt.

The safety feature in numbers, someone knows where you are.

They ENFORCE the rules, you do not listen, your done, no refund.

They tell you not to jump the waves for your safety, but show you how to safely do it if you want.

And the new jet skis, well they were awesome.

Now mind you some people who are experienced with water sports, may find this boring, but we have always had the time of our lives......!

Do it

Enjoyed it I am sure you will.