lido deck cabins on the royal

kimcht

just booking a cruise (yeah!) and the most inexpensive balconies are on the lido deck. it might be kind of nice to be so close to the buffett/pool, but anyone stayed in these cabins? feedback appreciated. its L114, thanks

We had L110, right next to L114, and loved it. It was really nice being that close to the pools and the Horizon Court. We never had an issue with motion. They are considered obstructed balconies, but they are not obstructed, other than when you are looking forward you see the bridge wing. I would gladly stay in one of these cabins again. Enjoy!

Thanks all.daisy loo we are doing the 10 day southern carribean that it looks like you have done on the royal. Any don't miss excursions you did?

Honestly, nothing that was a must do. Usually, the first time we go to an island we book an excursion that takes us around so we see a lot of the island, kind of like an overview. This time on the Royal, we had been to those ports before, some of them a few times, so we didn't do much of anything. Sorry that wasn't more helpful.:o

Edited by Daisyloo

• 2 weeks later...

Is there enough room for one or two lounge chairs on the mini suite balconies on the Lido deck? The kind of chairs you can lay down on. It looks like the balcony might be too small from the pictures. I'm specifically looking at cabin L211. Any advice is much appreciated. Thx.

We just returned a few weeks ago from a Royal cruise. We had a mini suite on the Lido deck. L225.

Loved being close to everything on Lido and the proximity to the forward elevator and stairs was great. Never had an issue with noise, other than some chair moving in the morning around 7:30 am. If I hadn't already been awake I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

No room for loungers on the balcony. It's really only big enough for two chairs and a table. It was plenty of room for me to sit and read on sea days, though.

just booking a cruise (yeah!) and the most inexpensive balconies are on the lido deck. it might be kind of nice to be so close to the buffett/pool, but anyone stayed in these cabins? feedback appreciated. its L114, thanks

We had L115 which is the same cabin on the starboard side.

To us it was a great location.

Only problem I remember was to get a good Internet signal we had to prop open the cabin door with the trash pail, but that can be true in a number of cabins on the ship.

Edited by caribill