Panic Time Has Set In - Had to Go to the Dr Today...

...will that be a problem for boarding on Sunday? I'm having terrible neck pain and spasms. A combination of stress and trying out new pillows.

I swear that I've read that people have been denied boarding because they've been treated by a Dr in the days before their cruise.

In my experience, your symptoms are not conducive to denying you boarding. They are on the lookout for those who have diarrhea, vomiting, fever or have had in the previous 48 hours, and if you have been to certain countries where illness/disease is prevalent.

In my experience, your symptoms are not conducive to denying you boarding. They are on the lookout for those who have diarrhea, vomiting, fever or have had in the previous 48 hours, and if you have been to certain countries where illness/disease is prevalent.

Thanks. Makes sense. Like I said, it's panic time for me. It'll all be good on Sunday! [emoji4]

I hope you are on good meds and make rapid progress before you leave. There should be no reason to keep you off the ship. Neck pain is not contagious! Make sure you take any meds in their original containers.

Yeah - was hoping for a steroid dose pack. But no, instead I'm prescribed ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and Tylenol w/codeine. Those will go great with my alcohol package. (Not!)

Yeah - was hoping for a steroid dose pack. But no, instead I'm prescribed ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and Tylenol w/codeine. Those will go great with my alcohol package. (Not!)

As I always tell my patients, you need to choose between alcohol and narcotics/muscle relaxant or we will call you Anna Nicole Smith.

As I always tell my patients, you need to choose between alcohol and narcotics/muscle relaxant or we will call you Anna Nicole Smith.

That's for sure.

If I were in your shoes, OP, I'd be heading to my chiro and acupuncturist, stat!

I HIGHLY recommend acupuncture. I was a total skeptic until I had shoulder spasms and intense pain a few year back. I did physiotherapy for 2 month, including massages, heat, and a huge series of exercises. It was slowly helping.. but about a month into the 2 month treatment - the clinic suggested acupuncture... holy cow!! The relief was almost immediate! (pain subsided during the 10-15 minutes that the needles were inserted). The pain relief lasted almost a week- and when it returned, it was less intense.

If I even need physio again for something in the future, I will certainly ask about a few complimenting acupuncture sessions

Edited by Toddcan