Back on board spirit 3/31

KaraokeQueen

Enjoyed a fabulous meal at La Champagne. It's so decadent, once is enough. I should say enough calories. After the excessive evening I had the night before, headed to bed early. I was up at 7:30 this morning, running on deck while we came into San Juan.

Thanks for posting KQ, has the menu at La Champagne started to change yet on the Spirit?

Thanks Keith.

Silver - Menu is the same.

Left St. Barts early this morning. Approaching St. Maartin. Looks like we aren't the only visitors in town. 3 Mega ships already docked. One, TUI Cruises which I've never heard nor seen before. Carnival Conquest and RCCL Grandeur.

A lovely red rose arrangement was delivered to our suite last night. Living in Florida, I have many orchids at home and enjoy the one in the cabin but, having this punch of color is delightful. No one is claiming responsibility for it so it must have been from the ship.

Off to enjoy my favorite port of call.

Jacky....know you are reading. Wish you were here..xo

Great day in St. Maarten. There were many passengers that took advantage of Phillip's (ship's official shopping guide) expertise. The weather was spectacular and although the other ships were large, they weren't mega in size, making seaside manageable. We joked about the Carnival ship as in, when they say all aboard by 4:30, what time do you need to be in line? It was a steady stream of guests for almost 2 hours prior to their departure.

Dined with Rodel again tonight. Fabulous service. After dinner we stopped by Stars. The entire room was filled with those who opted to dine there and it was standing room only to listen to the jazz offerings. Timing is everything and we got the only two seats at the bar, listened to 3 songs before the entertainment took their break.

Tomorrow St. Kitts. Venetian Party as well. It will be in the show lounge. Surprised to find it a casual night.

Tomorrow St. Kitts. Venetian Party as well. It will be in the show lounge. Surprised to find it a casual night.

Interesting - my Venetian Party invitation is for tomorrow, Apr 7th - wonder if they're having two? I'd have expected it for tomorrow, it's a formal night.

We've just arrived in St Kitts to a cloudy sky and pouring rain - the first inclement weather of the cruise - fingers crossed the squall goes over quickly!

Interesting - my Venetian Party invitation is for tomorrow, Apr 7th - wonder if they're having two? I'd have expected it for tomorrow, it's a formal night.

We've just arrived in St Kitts to a cloudy sky and pouring rain - the first inclement weather of the cruise - fingers crossed the squall goes over quickly!

You are so right. I am accustom to getting invitations with only 24 hour notice so when I saw the invite, I did not even pay attention to the date.

2nd squall approaching. One can get rather spoiled with bright sunny days. Had to use the gym instead of the outdoor track. Disappointed to find the t.v. capabilities of the equipment worse then my last voyage. Praying for sun!

Congratulations that you are enjoying such a fabulous voyage. It is obvious that most of the staff know you so well.

Just curious, for those who seldom cruise and are not known to the crew, will their experience be any different?

Congratulations that you are enjoying such a fabulous voyage. It is obvious that most of the staff know you so well.

Just curious, for those who seldom cruise and are not known to the crew, will their experience be any different?

I think that you wil find that each guest is equally well-received. The only time you ever see SS staff being less than genuinely friendly is when they have to deal with obnoxiously over-self-entitled misanthropes - a rare breed but an anoying one even for the wonderful SS crew.

If you treat the staff as fellow humans you will be impressed by their warmth and eagerness to please. One would have to be a dyed-in-the-wool curmudgeon not to have a great experience regardless of ''time served''.

Yesterday we were in Antigua. Being the only ship in town, the locals were quite aggressive. It was very uncomfortable and actually drove us back to the ship after a brief walk of being followed and harassed.

Prior to the Venetian Society party, we had a nice conversation with Moss. We have sailed with him previously but, this was the first time we had time to visit. He is a very nice guy. Looking forward to seeing his show tonight.

The VS party was well attended, with the main honorees hailing from 500+ to over a 1000 days. A handful of 100 days aka "free laundry" were announced as well.

We were honored to dine with the Captain. We have sailed with him before and really like him. He's not only very nice but, a great conversationalist. We had a table of 6 with the other 3 people traveling together. Unfortunately, the other man wanted to engage in political talk. I spoke up immediately and said we aren't interested in discussing the topic. I was sitting next to the Captain and mostly engaged with him. My Husband was harassed repeatedly by this other man, asking "political lite" questions, over and over, trying to engage the subject. Then he directly started taking shots at people in different political circles to see if he could get a response. It was obnoxious and when we departed the table, my Husband discreetly told him so. He was quite apologetic but by this point, he had solidified a very bad impression. Other then that, it was nice to be in the Captain's company.

Arrived in Tortola this morning. The Norwegian Gem is also in port. This is our last port of call and we have 2 sea days to enjoy before we will be back in Fort Lauderdale.

Christie, I'm enjoying sailing along.....It sounds as though you are having a thoroughly marvelous time ! Have you sung? Paula

Made me smile. There's a film crew on board doing ad work. They also have a drone up quite a bit. I don't want to be recorded!

Actually, there is entertainment in 3 different venues plus the show. They aren't desperate enough to need me to stand in ;) Saving myself for the Shadow in July.

Because I wanted to enjoy the sunshine and lay pool side with a good novel, I ignored my ever increasing sore throat. This morning I had no choice but to start antibiotics. Talk about pain! Hoping that it stays in one place. No coughing or other symptoms to spread the joy.

Speaking of joy, I didn't feel so bad when it starting to pour rain this morning. It did clear up and by mid day, the pool deck was filled with people.

Last night we dined at Stars. The food was excellent and the service terrific. The pianist and jazz singer are bringing in crowds nightly. First time I've ever know of guests unable to get reservations. It's quite popular this cruise as well as Seishin. Must be the average age being younger.

Moss Hills, CD did his show. It was fabulous. The whole lounge was rocking and dancing in their seats. He is quite the talented musician and singer. Opened the show on the drums, played the guitar, sax, piano and harmonica. It was fun to be part of the energy. I am not an opera fan and find myself avoiding most of the shows by the Voices of SS. They are very talented when performing this genre but, find when they try "rock & roll", it comes off being unnatural. Remember, this is my personal opinion.

There were quite a number of photo shoots taking place around the ship. As mentioned, they are all for publicity for the Muse. Tonight we are being offered a special treat. The Deck party "Dinner Under The Stars" is going to be an official "Silver Muse Promotional Interactive Cooking Event". It will feature Chefs creations that were developed for the new Silver Muse dining concept and her array of eight new restaurants. Live cooking stations will be served. Appetizers will be served at the table. Only the dining room will remain open for those who want to pass.

The menu consists of the following:

Atlantide's Signature Mussels

Madame's Foie Gras

Indochine's Curry Feast

Kabuki Tepanyaki

Kabuki's Sushi and Sashimi

Tasting's Salmon Sampler and Caviar & Condiments

Silver Note's "Duke's Cajun Prawns"

La Terrazza Pasta

La Terrazza Antipasti, Formaggi, Verdure

The appetizers served table side:

Regina Margarita Assorted Pizza Served on the Hot Rocks

Hot Rock's Pierade Tapas

La Gelateria and Fruit Live Carving

I was told by someone who viewed a photo shoot of the items, the food looked terrific. We have clear skies and calm seas, a perfect night for a party.

Edited by KaraokeQueen

Enjoy the (2) sea days! I love the slower pace at the end of a cruise.

We will catch up with you and Terry soon!

Couldn't help ourselves. Booked a very similar cruise next March on Spirit. Thinking also about renting a house in St. Maarten for a month next winter. We'll talk :)

Karaoke Queen,

I have really enjoyed sailing along with you. I remember meeting you on two SS ships (can't remember which) and I remember you as being exactly like the person who wrote these posts...upbeat, appreciative, and very personable. It is refreshing to read such a positive, detailed review. I especially like hearing about individual members of THE best crew at sea. Hi, Rex!

Certainly hope I get to " share" a SS ship with you again.

Thanks for your kind words, Pash. Life is always warm and welcoming on board SS. Don't wait too long to get back on the horse. I will be passing through your island in route for 2 days of fishing later this week.

The deck party was a huge success. I viewed it from the window on deck 11. Decided it was in the best interest of the ship, if I stayed away from as many people as possible. I did go to the dining room where there were about 10 other couples who opted to eat indoors. Chicken in the Pot was on the menu and it was delicious and soothing. After dinner, I headed back to the cabin and to bed but, my Husband went out on the deck to observe the crew parade. He spoke with others and they all had positive responses regarding the new cuisine.

Windy, blustery day. Perfect for the final packing. It's been a wonderful cruise. The food has been outstanding in every venue with the exception of the pool grill (day), which always seemed to be short staffed as well.

Was planning on Seishin for dinner but, will opt for the dining room. Wasabi and my throat would not be a good match :)

Almost time to hand over the reins to "Spin".

KQ

Sorry the dreaded kennel cough has found you.

I look forward to standing at that window too, it's a lovely view. Wonderful news that the outdoor soiree has been reinstated.

We will be unpacking close to your view location.

Thanks for reporting.

I have enjoyed the cruise as well, thanks to you.

Feel better and hope one day to meet you!

Thanks for the well wishes. Thankfully no cough. Thought you might be interested to know that there are about 30 people remaining for the crossing.

I want to note that although this was a Caribbean trip, people were dressed very nicely, even on casual nights.

Filled out the guest survey and only had a few minor things I would really like them to fix, such as the exercise equipment poor t.v. quality/lack of channels.

IMO, there's isn't enough space on the form to acknowledge the many employees who impact the experience in a big way. Used small print and hope I didn't forget anyone.

Dear KQ,

Thanks so much for your postings. I wish you would make some time to post a review on the Members Review Board. Most sailors don't spend time on individual threads but would look at the Members Reviews. Unfortunately, I find that the people who are unhappy with their cruises post more frequently than those who have enjoyed them. It'll be good to have postings such as those that document flaws or quirks, but that also document all that has been good with their cruise. I have to say that, when I was a newbie, I only followed the Members Reviews. Now, of course, I enjoy and follow all threads!!

Thanks again, V.

Thanks KQ. What a glorious day today here in south Florida.

Winds expected to pick up with rip currents, but sunny and dry.

I heard the ship was full for crossing, then heard not full.

I will take it however it is...

I am taking way too much stuff.

Thank goodness for the giant closet!

Emtbsam, Mi casa es su casa. More like a casita.

Thanks KQ. What a glorious day today here in south Florida.

Winds expected to pick up with rip currents, but sunny and dry.

I heard the ship was full for crossing, then heard not full.

I will take it however it is...

I am taking way too much stuff.

Thank goodness for the giant closet!

Emtbsam, Mi casa es su casa. More like a casita.

I believe you will have 430 new passengers and 40 old. Spectacular numbers for a crossing Beautiful dinner in the dining room. The last night is always melancholy for me. I'm ready to go but I don't want to leave the "family" who are so warm and kind at sea. Never goodbye, only later :)