International Cafe on Diamond Princess

siany_la

Looking at the deck plans, am I right to assume that the Diamond is still missing an IC?

If so, does anyone have any word as to if they are anticipating putting one in? It's scheduled for dry dock in April 2017 however this is just routine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sian

Oh really?! I honestly must be going blind!

The only thing that would resemble IC is the Internet cafe... Is the area you mention just to the south of the library? If so, potentially not the cafe sadly.

Regardless - thankyou!

I got off the Diamond two weeks ago. No International Cafe. There's a tray of pastries and/or sandwiches (very minimal) at the Lobby Bar and they call that La Patisserie. What you think you see on the deck plans is probably the Internet Cafe (which is in no way a cafe.)

We're sailing on Island Princess in June and, despite the massive changes they made to the ship recently, they didn't add an IC. I just don't get it. This is something they should have on all of their ships and, if they don't currently have it, they should be adding it in when they do big changes.

• 2 weeks later...
I got off the Diamond two weeks ago. No International Cafe. There's a tray of pastries and/or sandwiches (very minimal) at the Lobby Bar and they call that La Patisserie. What you think you see on the deck plans is probably the Internet Cafe (which is in no way a cafe.)

I get off tomorrow, very disappointed with the Diamond, yes their is no IC as such, just a pokey little coffe area, not like on the Sea, Sun or Dawn, this a relocation cruise to Japan, very average by Princess standards, lacks good organise action, Neil not a good cruise director, one Lyn very average. Too many venues not being used to full potentional, the band The Sounds, very good, but were shifted all over the ship.

Wow, sorry, I'm the one that might need new glasses or better bifocals, as it is Internet Café, not the IC! Geesh!

Well perhaps they should cater for everyone, not just a few who wish to sit on a computer all day. From where I sit there was little room to sit with other in a small group, have a coffee, any time of day and have music near by. They do it on other ships.

Exactly.

Well perhaps they should cater for everyone, not just a few who wish to sit on a computer all day. From where I sit there was little room to sit with other in a small group, have a coffee, any time of day and have music near by. They do it on other ships.

The lobby bar fitted the bill when we were on her.

Also got off the Diamond today. The Lobby Bar/La Patisserie had very little seating and that was mostly occupied by people playing cards, not drinking anything let alone coffee. And it could not remotely be compared to an International Cafe. No salads, no small healthy meals, not even the naughty cakes.

Agree with Wello above who I didn't get to meet while onboard unfortuantely. This ship is being very underutilised and the Cruise Director is totally absent.

Edited by wishfulone

• 3 weeks later...
Also got off the Diamond today. The Lobby Bar/La Patisserie had very little seating and that was mostly occupied by people playing cards, not drinking anything let alone coffee. And it could not remotely be compared to an International Cafe. No salads, no small healthy meals, not even the naughty cakes.

Agree with Wello above who I didn't get to meet while onboard unfortuantely. This ship is being very underutilised and the Cruise Director is totally absent.

Thanks wishfulone, I did send a notification to Neil, the cruise director, mid cruise, with a helpful suggestion or two, as others did also, no reply, not seen mixing with your guests, so why bother filling out forms, your opinon does not count. Not the usual standard set by Princess in the past, new owners I guess. Cheers Ian

Also on this ship all the way to Tokyo (Yokohama) and the cruise director was invisible, non exsistant. Very disappointing. The captain didn't seem very friendly either at any of the events he attended,

We did really enjoy the company of the other passengers and the M&G's were fun!

Our last cd was billy London,very personable person,and we kept running into him all the time,but if we didn't wouldn't bother us,as for the captain he waved to us from the bridge wing of the dawn as we applauded him on a brilliant docking at vila, I think.But once we said good morning to the captain of the sea princess,on the promenade deck about 2000 or something years.We have more contact with the entertainers and engineers about 3 or 4 in the morning over a coffee and chuffer.

I get off tomorrow, very disappointed with the Diamond, yes their is no IC as such, just a pokey little coffe area, not like on the Sea, Sun or Dawn, this a relocation cruise to Japan, very average by Princess standards, lacks good organise action, Neil not a good cruise director, one Lyn very average. Too many venues not being used to full potentional, the band The Sounds, very good, but were shifted all over the ship.

Sorry I have never seen The International Café on the Dawn,Sun,and Sea,maybe im wrong,i have seen the Patiserrie on the dawn though,sun and sea twas a long time ago,dawn was recent.

Sorry I have never seen The International Café on the Dawn,Sun,and Sea,maybe im wrong,i have seen the Patiserrie on the dawn though,sun and sea twas a long time ago,dawn was recent.

The Patisserie on the ships mentioned were very good, open till midnight, International Café on Diamond, I would have thought, to be an upgraded venue of those, where more people could enjoy a snack, pastry delights, hot chocolate and coffee, after the shows, open till after midnight, not 11pm. Sun was our last and best cruise to N.Z. Jan. 2015, Sea we did Jan.2014 to Fiji, very good also, both ships had a great coffee area, for late night coffee or hot chocolate. Utilised by lots of guests, catching up after the days activities, before retiring to bed, great way to finish off with new found friends.

• 1 year later...

I know this is now quite an old thread, but I got off the Diamond Princess a month ago, and there is still no International Cafe. The Lobby Bar makes an okay coffee. That’s it, it’s okay. I bought a coffee card, used it once, then bought another one a few days later, and ended up throwing it away. I then gave my card to my mum because I knew I wouldn’t bother using it. I loved pretty much everything about my journey on the Diamond Princess, but the coffee sucks. I have a great machine at home and usually have two good, strong flat whites each day. Luckily, I can live without it, but that enjoyable part of a day when you sit down and relax with a great cup of coffee, just didn’t happen on board. It’s 2018 now, but it hasn’t changed. Maybe Australians are far more picky about their coffees than other nationalities, but this little thing was a disappointment to me.

I know this is now quite an old thread, but I got off the Diamond Princess a month ago, and there is still no International Cafe. The Lobby Bar makes an okay coffee. That’s it, it’s okay. I bought a coffee card, used it once, then bought another one a few days later, and ended up throwing it away. I then gave my card to my mum because I knew I wouldn’t bother using it. I loved pretty much everything about my journey on the Diamond Princess, but the coffee sucks. I have a great machine at home and usually have two good, strong flat whites each day. Luckily, I can live without it, but that enjoyable part of a day when you sit down and relax with a great cup of coffee, just didn’t happen on board. It’s 2018 now, but it hasn’t changed. Maybe Australians are far more picky about their coffees than other nationalities, but this little thing was a disappointment to me.

Have to agree with your comments, after all the fuss about a decent coffee area, they still have not done any think, very poor I feel. We are off on a small ship in Australian waters, The Astor 600 passengers, 8 day cruise, hoping for a bit more personnel service, change from the larger ships of Princess. We have had very good reviews from people we know, who have sailed on her. They have found a very good market, here in Australia.

It's interesting that Princess Cruises, want you to comment on what could be improved on, but they don't listen. The point about a decent Coffee Lounge Area on Diamond, have been raise many times, fallen on deaf ears, over a few years now. The rest of the ship is very good, just a pity those who enjoy a great coffee, chat with new found friends, any time day or night, are not catered for. We went on Sea Princess, they had a good coffee area, a few years back.