How close to your cruise can you request the CCL Stock OBC benefit?

SLOTheta

That is not correct.. I bought it & faxed my statement in a week later several years ago & they immediately gave us the OBC for our up coming cruise..

Yes, you must submit your latest statement for every cruise you take

There was a time in 2014 when we had three cruises booked, the first being in April and the third in December, and when our TA sent in our request, HAL applied the credit to all three cruises.

I thought you had to have 100 shares to get the OCB. Also I i thnk it is not combinable with any other OCB.

The OP is waiting for the share price to go down to buy the remaining 50 shares and wanted to know how late he could delay doing so and still get the credit applied.

The credit is most definitely combinable with other OBC. We currently are enjoying $1350 in promotional OBC with $250 of that being our stock credit. If the cruise is 14 days or longer the stock credit rises from $100 to $250.

Edited by sapper1

Where do you find the "cruise personalizer" ? I never have seen nor heard of this.

Thanks

Sorry....terrible mistake....I was disoriented and thought I was on the Princess forum.

I really do not know about HAL. I would suggest that you either ask your Travel Agent or call HAL and ask if your shareholder benefit has been entered into your booking.

How do you receice conformation? Does it show on edocs?

When I faxed the proof in, I got an email within 24 hours showing they did receive and approved the OBC. The email came from World Cruise Reservations of Holland America.

You should see the OBC listed as a credit in your booking information from HAL for Passenger 1.

I bought Carnival stock last year and submitted the paperwork for last year's cruise. Do I need to resubmit the paperwork for this year's cruise?

Yes, you always have to proof that you owned the stock within the last 6 months.

I generally submit a blacked out brokerage statement about 6 weeks before the cruise.

There was a time in 2014 when we had three cruises booked, the first being in April and the third in December, and when our TA sent in our request, HAL applied the credit to all three cruises.

Forgot about that..Yes when we've have had more than one cruise booked in a year, World Cruise Reservations has accepted one statement..

We book through a Travel Agent, not a PCC so World Cruise Reservations has required a new statement for each booking with the exception of if we have more than one cruise booked.. Then they will take one statement for all our cruises if they are within a certain time period.. Believe it's one year, but don't quote me..

When I faxed the proof in, I got an email within 24 hours showing they did receive and approved the OBC. The email came from World Cruise Reservations of Holland America.

You should see the OBC listed as a credit in your booking information from HAL for Passenger 1.

You are correct, but remember that the OBC listed on the edocs is a Total for each passenger - HAL does not provide a breakdown of where the OBC came from (stockholder credit, Future Cruise Deposit, etc.).

The best way I have been able to tell is to know how much I should have AND to look at the different amounts for Passengers #1 and #2. The stockholder credit generally is only applied to #1, so the difference between the two usually is the stockholder amount.

If you book with a Travel Agent you will not see the OBC on the HAL booking ..

Ask for a confirmation by e-mail & take it on the ship with you..

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked my ShareBuilder account - 52 week low was in fact in February - 2/9/16 at $40.52. I knew I saw it somewhere close to $40! It's now up to $51.23. Kicking myself I didn't buy at $40.52!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app