How close to your cruise can you request the CCL Stock OBC benefit?

SLOTheta

Hello,

I bought 50 shares of CCL a few months ago, I was waiting to see how far it would go down. It dipped, I missed buying more, now it's about $7 higher than when I bought it.

We cruise in July, what's the latest I can wait to submit the paperwork for our cruise to get the extra $100 OBC for owning a 100 shares of CCL?

Our final final is due in about a week.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't remember where I read that HAL wants 2 weeks to process your request. It could have been on the HAL site (unlikely), this forum, or (most likely) someone quoted from the HAL site on this forum.

I know they don't need a lot of time, as it's usually confirmed that same day as requested. But I would want to give them at least one week, and more likely more. If something goes wrong, you want time to fix it.

Hello,

I bought 50 shares of CCL a few months ago, I was waiting to see how far it would go down. It dipped, I missed buying more, now it's about $7 higher than when I bought it.

We cruise in July, what's the latest I can wait to submit the paperwork for our cruise to get the extra $100 OBC for owning a 100 shares of CCL?

Our final final is due in about a week.

Thanks!

Usually about fourteen days before the cruise . I've done it at seven days , had to fax the paperwork via internet fax. If mailing allow 3 to 4 weeks .

Usually about fourteen days before the cruise . I've done it at seven days , had to fax the paperwork via internet fax. If mailing allow 3 to 4 weeks .

Thanks. I'll keep watching the stock. It dipped down to $40 after the Zika warnings, but I missed that window. I don't want anything bad to happen to a cruise ship so that the price drops again, but I'll be in alert.

Thanks. I'll keep watching the stock. It dipped down to $40 after the Zika warnings, but I missed that window. I don't want anything bad to happen to a cruise ship so that the price drops again, but I'll be in alert.

I think they also require that you have held the stock for 30 or 60 before the cruise.

I think they also require that you have held the stock for 30 or 60 before the cruise.

I haven't seen that yet. Do you have a link? On the CCL benefits page, it only states that you must book by Feb, 2017. I can't find any time requirements

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

If you do a search for Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit it will take you to a page where you can download the terms. They ask for the request to be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the sailing and there is no requirement that you hold the stock for a certain period of time. You do have to have 100 shares, though.

When we first bought the stock, I bought it on January 2 and we were sailing in February, so we had it barely 30 days by the time we sailed. That was three years ago, if I remember correctly.

Best regards,

Priscilla

I don't think it has been below 40 since the concordia incident? I could be wrong but i'd sure like to buy some more anywhere near 40.

I don't think it has been below 40 since the concordia incident? I could be wrong but i'd sure like to buy some more anywhere near 40.

In the past 6 months the low was 41.92 according to Yahoo Finance - I think that was the closing low.

In the past 6 months the low was 41.92 according to Yahoo Finance - I think that was the closing low.

The 52 week low was $40.51. Back in February, it dropped to down around $42ish. I can't recall exactly, but it was super low. I only remember and kick myself because I was presenting at a conference, received the alert on my iphone (I had set an alert to let me know if it dropped below $43) and totally forgot to buy it.

Anything close to $40 would be great. I bought at $45.

If you do a search for Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit it will take you to a page where you can download the terms. They ask for the request to be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the sailing and there is no requirement that you hold the stock for a certain period of time. You do have to have 100 shares, though.

I did a search and could only find the PDF that listed the benefit. I looked on the site and could see the terms. Can you send the link to the terms?

That is not correct.. I bought it & faxed my statement in a week later several years ago & they immediately gave us the OBC for our up coming cruise..

I bought Carnival stock last year and submitted the paperwork for last year's cruise. Do I need to resubmit the paperwork for this year's cruise?

Yes, you must submit your latest statement for every cruise you take

Edited by serendipity1499

That is not correct.. I bought it & faxed my statement in a week later several years ago & they immediately gave us the OBC for our up coming cruise..

Yes, you must submit your latest statement for every cruise you take

Not true in all cases. I book through HAL directly and they honor my previous statement, as long as it was not too long ago (like a year?). I get the credit right when I book (through my PCC - personal cruise consultant).

A bit of a different question about stockholder benefit.

I purchased shares on 2/25/16. Received the order of confirmation from Wells Fargo and submitted it for my OBC . That has posted for my next sailing.

My question is will I receive anything further from CCL such as notice of shareholder meeting or reports or any other documentation of the purchase ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My question is will I receive anything further from CCL such as notice of shareholder meeting or reports or any other documentation of the purchase ?

I received notice of the annual report, stockholders' meeting, and proxy statement a little over a week ago, but I receive mine electronically.

I did not notice the owner of record date.

If you have not elected electronic notification, you may be receiving your paper documents soon.

I received notice of the annual report, stockholders' meeting, and proxy statement a little over a week ago, but I receive mine electronically.

I did not notice the owner of record date.

If you have not elected electronic notification, you may be receiving your paper documents soon.

Thank you Ruth

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I thought you had to have 100 shares to get the OCB. Also I i thnk it is not combinable with any other OCB.

The devil is in the details....

100 shares necessary. The OP was discussing how/when to buy 50 more shares to complete his eligibility.

CCL shareholder benefits may be combined with almost any other OBC offers.

I thought you had to have 100 shares to get the OCB. Also I i thnk it is not combinable with any other OCB.

You can have this OCB with others such as FCC or Explore4. You just cannot have OCB for stock plus another OCB credit that also uses stock ownership as a means test.

Edited by TheEmerson
Added info