Quiet nooks

SPacificbound

The Commodore Club is quiet most of the day and there are seats by the windows.

On the starboard passageway going around the Royal Court Theatre there are large round windows (too big to call portholes) with chairs next to them.

The Queens Room is quiet other than tea time or if/when dance lessons are in session.

If the weather's nice you can sit on a deck chair on the Deck 7 promenade.

The Commodore Club is quiet most of the day and there are seats by the windows.

On the starboard passageway going around the Royal Court Theatre there are large round windows (too big to call portholes) with chairs next to them.

The Queens Room is quiet other than tea time or if/when dance lessons are in session.

If the weather's nice you can sit on a deck chair on the Deck 7 promenade.

Thank you so much! :)

Which ship?

QM2

We have comfortably read in the Chart Room (bar) during the day and the Champagne Bar (next door). Typically, we change locations periodically to stretch our legs. The Commodore is also a nice place to read.

You will find the QM2 has a lot of passengers who like to read, so it isn't that difficult to find a quiet spot… Also, you will find the library well stocked.

Have a wonderful voyage, SPacificbound!

Yes, don't put up with it if you find the piped music loud in the venues, 'especially in the mornings before 11.30am' !

It really gets my goat when it's on high ( in the Chart room or Cafe Carinthia/Q.Vic) and one is just waking up after a late night ;)... Often, it's only for the benefit of the crew member who maybe busy setting up their Bar Area before the pre lunch cocktails etc.

Have no hesitation and politely ask them to turn it down a notch or two ......or if you are like me ( and other seasoned Cunaders ) go over to the wall and turn it down ;)

Thank you so much! :) QM2
Hi SPacificbound,

I think you'll be surprised with how spacious QM2 feels, with many quiet corners (for reading, or simply watching the ocean).

For example, as Underwatr indicates above; port & starboard of the Royal Court Theatre on Deck 3 there are quiet passageways with swivel chairs, that I've used in the past to sit and read in, or even just "water-watch", seen here:

Whilst directly below on Deck 2 on each side there are similar corridors, this time set up with games tables, seen here:

As was mentioned above, the Deck 7 Promenade is also a great place to sit and read (or to "rest your eyes" ;) ), seen here:

QM2 ...those Steamer Chairs are VERY comfortable...

QM2 is so spacious that, despite the number of people on board, while walking about I frequently wonder "Where is everybody?" :confused:

(Then I go past the Kings Court and my question is answered! ;) )

Hope this helps, have an amazing time on board QM2, Bon Voyage! :)

Edited by pepperrn

another vote for the Com' Club

100_0089_zpsv7skttkh.jpg

hint, go all the way to the extreme port or starboard and you'll find a cluster of seats in the corner with windows forward and off to the side ... great place to watch the water and read ...

100_0093_zpsu2ooxbby.jpg

Super photos Pepper. What time did you take them? I've never seen the ship empty. It looks completely different.

Pepper's talent with photography is one of several skills for which we reading cruise critic are thankful. He is also master of knowing facts about tucked away corners on the QM2 as well as unfailing politeness in each and every one of his posts.

Every time I look at Pepper's photographs, I long to be onboard.

Jimmybean

Edited by jimmybean

Super photos Pepper. What time did you take them? I've never seen the ship empty. It looks completely different.

That's because he roams around the ship at the crack of dawn before people are around to clutter up his pictures.

another vote for the Com' Club

100_0089_zpsv7skttkh.jpg

hint, go all the way to the extreme port or starboard and you'll find a cluster of seats in the corner with windows forward and off to the side ... great place to watch the water and read ...

100_0093_zpsu2ooxbby.jpg

This looks like the perfect spot. Thank you so much. :)

Hi babs135,

Thank you :o

Many were taken early in the mornings, I love that time of day at sea; wandering the whole circuit of the promenade deck almost alone, strolling through the public rooms.

Others were taken during the day, sometimes with passengers "in shot", however occasionally I'll be patient and wait until people have walked out of the picture.

Thank you again :)

Pepper's talent with photography is one of several skills for which we reading cruise critic are thankful. He is also master of knowing facts about tucked away corners on the QM2 as well as unfailing politeness in each and every one of his posts.
:o , Thank you jimmybean, thank you :o . I don't know what to say, except a truly sincere Thank You, your generous praise and compliments are deeply appreciated...

Every time I look at Pepper's photographs, I long to be onboard. Jimmybean
Thank you, every time I look at photos of QM2 I find myself reaching for the 'phone to book another voyage... The very grand lady has totally bewitched me (my first crossing in 2006 was supposed to be a "one-time-only, never again" trip... LOL)!

Many happy sailings for the future :)

Edited by pepperrn