Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but we cant seem to find anything recent.

Looking for a reputable transportation company to take family of 6 from Orlando airport area hotel to Port Canaveral. We're not interested in relying on rccl shuttle service if possible.

Would like a direct hire to provide round trip service. But don't want to be left in the wind on return trip. Any thoughts would be helpful on services that have been used recently. Not cruising until Jan 17 but want to stay ahead of the curve.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but we cant seem to find anything recent.

Looking for a reputable transportation company to take family of 6 from Orlando airport area hotel to Port Canaveral. We're not interested in relying on rccl shuttle service if possible.

Would like a direct hire to provide round trip service. But don't want to be left in the wind on return trip. Any thoughts would be helpful on services that have been used recently. Not cruising until Jan 17 but want to stay ahead of the curve.

Thanks in advance.

Companies that are recommended here frequently: Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx, and Executive VIP Transportation.

Thanks in advance.

Lots of information on this question on the FLORIDA DEPARTURE THREAD. You might want to go there.

Thanks in advance.

My daughter just cruised out of Port of Canaveral, and she used Uber to transport her and her 4 children from airport to port. She requested a large vehicle, and paid $30 total, as opposed to $30pp the shuttle service was charging.

I have never used Uber, but she does all the time, so I uploaded the app on my phone and plan to use it in January to take me from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami.

I would recommend renting a car from Budget. They have a facility right near the port and have a shuttle. We always arrive a day early, drive down and enjoy the freedom to explore the coast. Then we go to the Budget facility and drop off the rental and they take us to the ship. Upon return they have a shuttle pick us up at the ship and take us to our rental car and we drive to Orlando. It is really the best way to do it!

Enjoy your Cruise!!

JoeRum

After a lot of research on Cruise Critic, we used Cocoa Beach Shuttle a year ago and would highly recommend. Like others have said though, check the Florida departures board for other options and reviews.

Edited by mabkcruisers

We flew into MCO the night before a cruise on the Freedom. We stayed at the Hyatt Orlando Airport, which is literally inside inside the terminal. So, there is no need to find a hotel courtesy bus after arrival.

In the morning, it's simply walk to the area in the baggage claim where RC meets arriving passengers.

We were on the Majesty last week and took a cab from our hotel (Hampton Inn Airport South), rather than book and special for a hotel stay and transportation to the Miami cruise terminal. But for a cruise out of Port Canaveral, I would stay at the Airport Hyatt and take the RC bus.

My daughter just cruised out of Port of Canaveral, and she used Uber to transport her and her 4 children from airport to port. She requested a large vehicle, and paid $30 total, as opposed to $30pp the shuttle service was charging.

I have never used Uber, but she does all the time, so I uploaded the app on my phone and plan to use it in January to take me from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami.

As an Über lover, and an Orlando area resident, I have to let you know that Uber is not allowed to make pick-ups at MCO. Which I find to be quite disappointing.

We have used Coco Beach Shuttle and also rented 1 way car rentals from budget. If you have at least 2 people and are staying overnight in Coco Beach the one way from Budget is a great deal. You can find a coupon on line for a big discount as well. Drop the car at Budget just blocks from the port and they take you to the ship. Having a car for overnight is a great perk.

If you can overcome you opposition to using the ships shuttle, I would stay at the Hyatt inside MCO terminal then walk down the next morning and take the shuttle to the ship. Then do the reverse from ship to MCO.

Foregoing that, check limo.com I have used them a few times and just used them for an October FLL cruise.

We used Cortrans shuttle in January. 20 per person each way. Nice Van, very friendly and picked us up after the cruise no problem. Would definitely use them again. They picked us up at the airport but I know they picked up at a Marriott hotel also

• 1 month later...

Good morning

New to CuiseCritic, Hoping to get some info. on RCL transportation from Orlando to PC.

I booked round trip thinking it would be the most convenient.

It is my understanding that you check luggage and it goes straight to your cabin

Am i correct ?

I there schedule departure times or is it first come first served?

How much time to get to the ship with all the loading etc?

Thank you for any info. it is much appreciated.

Good morning

New to CuiseCritic, Hoping to get some info. on RCL transportation from Orlando to PC.

I booked round trip thinking it would be the most convenient.

It is my understanding that you check luggage and it goes straight to your cabin

Am i correct ?

I there schedule departure times or is it first come first served?

How much time to get to the ship with all the loading etc?

Thank you for any info. it is much appreciated.

See your identical post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355112

Edited by clarea