camarowesley

CABIN TEMPS  

155 members have voted

1. 1. CABIN TEMPS

• room temps should be between 76 &74
    • room temps should be between 74 & 72
    • room temps should be between 72 & 68
    • room temps are fine as is

I love my room cool for sleeping. It is so much easier to throw on an extra blanket to warm up than to try to get the room cooler. On our Glory cruise, our room was unbearably hot, so much so that they sent maintenance crew up multiple times to try to fix it. Eventually they placed a large fan in our room to help, which it did.

(and yes, we kept our curtains closed during the hottest part of the day as well)

I'm sure many people will not agree with me on this but this is just another cutback they thought we wouldn't notice. If you drop the temps like they used to it would cost more in fuel. I don't have a problem paying my electric bill but I have a smart thermostat. It cuts back during the day when we are at work. It saved me quite a bit just as it is saving CCL.

On every one of my cruises (including the one on Glory two weeks ago) we have been freezing at night. That's ok because we can always add blankets to sleep. :)

I've never actually measured the temp, but I don't think there's a "cutback". There are differences in temp based on your location on the ship and the outside temps.

I'm sure many people will not agree with me on this but this is just another cutback they thought we wouldn't notice. If you drop the temps like they used to it would cost more in fuel. I don't have a problem paying my electric bill but I have a smart thermostat. It cuts back during the day when we are at work. It saved me quite a bit just as it is saving CCL.

I agree with you. It just seems like the air is not cold. We kept our blinds closed and door shut at all times. This does not matter if the air blowing out is not cool.

On every one of my cruises (including the one on Glory two weeks ago) we have been freezing at night. That's ok because we can always add blankets to sleep. :)

I've never actually measured the temp, but I don't think there's a "cutback". There are differences in temp based on your location on the ship and the outside temps.

The clubs used to be freezing as well. To turn the temp control to warmer would save lots of money. I used to get headaches from the sharp cold air in public areas of the ships but especially in the clubs.

Right now my house is at 76°, on a "cool"south Florida day. We keep the thermostat at 78° and that works well. At night I'll turn the ceiling fan on in the bedroom. I'm quite comfortable in shorts and a short sleeve shirt during the day.

You see, folks, it is what you are used to temperature wise. For me, 65° for sleeping would be too cold. If you live up north, 78° would be a killer. Here in south Florida, 78° is just fine for most.

Aside from extremes, there is no "right" temperature for everyone.

I highly doubt Carnival is cutting back when it comes to this.

Also, one must consider their percentage of body fat. Fat is an insulator. That works well in cooler climes, but not in warmer ones. Thus if you are over weight, even obese, you are going to need it cooler.

Over the past several years I have noticed a big difference in cabin temps. In the past cabins temps were cool, but now it seems like what little air that come from the vent is just recirculated air, not cool or cold air. I know cabin temps are subjective, but we like ours on the cool side, especially at night. I'm curious if others feel the same. Maybe if enough people complain Carnival will do something about this.

I'm a cold temper as well. I like it cold. Helps me sleep better.

I voted for 68 to 72 but that is for sleeping. I don't mind if it's warmer during the day.

On our Victory cruise last weekend, the thermometer on my alarm clock said it was 75 during the night and I thought it was a little too warm.

Right now my house is at 76°, on a "cool"south Florida day. We keep the thermostat at 78° and that works well. At night I'll turn the ceiling fan on in the bedroom. I'm quite comfortable in shorts and a short sleeve shirt during the day.

You see, folks, it is what you are used to temperature wise. For me, 65° for sleeping would be too cold. If you live up north, 78° would be a killer. Here in south Florida, 78° is just fine for most.

Also, one must consider their percentage of body fat. Fat is an insulator. That works well in cooler climes, but not in warmer ones. Thus if you are over weight, even obese, you are going to need it cooler.

This discussion clearly illustrates that there is no "right" temperature. I am from the north, and 65 degrees at night is way too cold for me, especially when it's warm outside. I don't know if Carnival is trying to save money, but I am glad if they are no longer following the trend of (what I consider) excessive air conditioning in public places. It's annoying to need a warm sweater over my dress and lose feeling in my hands when it is 80 degrees outside. This is one of those areas where Carnival can't win with everyone.

I'm always freezing in my cabin on every cruise, so I sleep in a robe or pile on the blankets and I'm really comfortable. Maybe the people who are always cold just sleep in their undies? That works for me when I'm someplace that's really hot.

DH likes it cold, I like it warmer. There is no right answer here. I can say that neither of us have complained about the temp in the room. We usually take a mid day nap and I find it too cold and head out on the balcony for my nap while DH enjoys the cold room. The colder room is my excuse to get a balcony :D.

I would prefer 72 or lower. Never had issue before, but on the Dream week of March 6th and our cabin was too hot. Had them check it and it was 76 degrees and they said that was in their "acceptable" range. They did give us a box fan which helped some.

We had to complain twice on the Conquest last week. It never got cool in our room at all! I complained on my survey. It's bad when you can't even put your covers on at night. The air was just like recirculation air blowing out of the vent. If it is like that in August on the Valor I will be at guest services complaining.

Am I wrong, or isn't there a thermostat to control the temp in each cabin? We definitely had one that worked just fine on our Conquest cruise in January, and as Conquest is far from one of their newest ships I'd assume at a minimum anything newer than that has a thermostat. We ended up putting it slightly colder than the middle of the range, and it worked fine.

Even within the same cabin I'd prefer different temps at different times of day. If I was taking an afternoon nap on top of the covers, upper 60s might feel too cold. But at night under the blankets it would be optimal. (I could change it during the day if I wanted, but instead I tended to just use a bathrobe as a blanket the times I napped.

Am I wrong, or isn't there a thermostat to control the temp in each cabin?

The Fantasy class ships we've been on have not had a thermostat. There was a lever in the ceiling that you could reach up and move to give a little more air flow but that was it.

On Victory last week, we did have a thermostat. I would turn it down at night but it was still a little warm in the cabin. Not terrible but not as cold as I normally prefer to sleep.

Here in Miami, I can assure you 78 degrees does not work for most.

Am I wrong, or isn't there a thermostat to control the temp in each cabin? We definitely had one that worked just fine on our Conquest cruise in January, and as Conquest is far from one of their newest ships I'd assume at a minimum anything newer than that has a thermostat. We ended up putting it slightly colder than the middle of the range, and it worked fine.

Even within the same cabin I'd prefer different temps at different times of day. If I was taking an afternoon nap on top of the covers, upper 60s might feel too cold. But at night under the blankets it would be optimal. (I could change it during the day if I wanted, but instead I tended to just use a bathrobe as a blanket the times I napped.

Yes, mine did have a thermostat, but in the evening with the blinds pulled with it all the way on cool it was 76 degrees. I'm sorry, but no way that is AC in good working condition.

I personally would think that if there is a thermostat you should be able to control to your cabin to be at least 70 degrees at the coolest. Most of the range of choices given in the poll should be available by adjustment of the thermostat.

I find it hard to believe most would say 78 degrees is just fine when sleeping. I would have to hear that from a lot more Floridians. If that is the case, good thing I don't live in Florida :) I think you are correct in size of the person can affect what temperature is more comfortable, as can age and circulation. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a room with a thermostat to allow for all the ranges in this survey as a possibility. I don't know any hotel that I have personally stayed at where I was expected to be pleased with my room at 76 degrees or warmer while sleeping.

I find it hard to believe most would say 78 degrees is just fine when sleeping. I would have to hear that from a lot more Floridians. If that is the case, good thing I don't live in Florida :) I think you are correct in size of the person can affect what temperature is more comfortable, as can age and circulation. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a room with a thermostat to allow for all the ranges in this survey as a possibility. I don't know any hotel that I have personally stayed at where I was expected to be pleased with my room at 76 degrees or warmer while sleeping.

I live in Florida, I weigh 120 pounds and 78 degrees is NOT ok for sleeping. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

I'm a Floridian, and a somewhat overweight one, and I sleep at 76 degrees at home. 78 degrees wouldn't pose a problem for me.

My experience is that the cabins are always freezing. Preferred temperatures are completely subjective.

A review of most medical sleep studies show the optimal temperature for sleep is between 60 to 68. Easier to put on a blanket than to be uncomfortable. We take a digital clock with temperature display to document by picture if need be. We always take a small fan and if that isn't enough we request a box fan. Carnival is easier to deal with than RCCL, they told us to bring our own for upcoming cruise.

we were on the Breeze last week and hot at night. I couldn't use the comforter even though it was snuggly. We all had a lot of dreams and I think it was because we were warm. Our friends across the hall said their cabin was cold. We do like our house at 68 at night though!

We had to complain twice on the Conquest last week. It never got cool in our room at all! I complained on my survey. It's bad when you can't even put your covers on at night. The air was just like recirculation air blowing out of the vent. If it is like that in August on the Valor I will be at guest services complaining.

Just curious, what was your Conquest room number??? We sail with her/him end of May

Susan from Indiana

Just curious, what was your Conquest room number??? We sail with her/him end of May

Susan from Indiana

1019. Great room location except for the temp. My kids were in 1023 beside us and it was warm there also.