Alaska in May or July?

js4rq

Framer,

I will have to disagree with you about bugs on the ship. I will not mention the cruise line but I stayed in an interior cabin, which I never do, and when I woke up the first morning I had bed bug bites up and down both legs. I called Guest Relations and they sent someone who immediately removed the mattress and bedding, sprayed something, gave me a new mattress and bedding and the problem stopped. I asked for a different room but they wouldn't do it.

Unfortunately when I gave my review on CC, I had to mention this, I felt that other passengers needed to know and check your bed before you go to sleep.

I like the idea of cruising in May, especially in a balcony cabin!! :D And the cheaper prices, snow capped mountains etc...

We will have to decide if bear watching at Anan Creek is a must.

We would like to go to Sitka and see puffins as well, which is why we chose an itinerary with Sitka.

It is something we are still looking into.

Decisions, decisions! :cool:

Framer,

I will have to disagree with you about bugs on the ship. I will not mention the cruise line but I stayed in an interior cabin, which I never do, and when I woke up the first morning I had bed bug bites up and down both legs. I called Guest Relations and they sent someone who immediately removed the mattress and bedding, sprayed something, gave me a new mattress and bedding and the problem stopped. I asked for a different room but they wouldn't do it.

Unfortunately when I gave my review on CC, I had to mention this, I felt that other passengers needed to know and check your bed before you go to sleep.

I hate bed bugs!! :eek:

• 1 month later...
I have seen bears in May before in Skagway....:)

I have lucked out with bears on all of my May trips. I have always seen them, in different places but always leave Alaska with a great bear siting.

It has been on the way to the Yukon, going to Tracy Arm, near Exit Glacier in Seward, and on my landing in Misty Fiord.

We just returned from a cruise that left Vancouver on May 11. We had absolutely wonderful weather...5 days out of 7 were sunny and in the 70s!! The other 2 were overcast with sun in and out of the sky. Our the land portion of our cruise we were lucky enough to see all of majestic Denali!

I had sailed south in July before but really loved the drama of the scenery becoming more majestic with more snow on the peaks as we sailed north last week. There were lots of waterfalls cascading off the mountains wherever you looked! We saw lots of whales. As those previously mentioned, t was nice to be sailing with very few children onboard.