Travel Mug for Coffee

Born 2 Cruz

Hi Everyone,

Will be going on NA in Alaska first week of July! Can anyone tell me if the Explorations Café will make a coffee/latte directly in your (clean) travel mug? Or do they put it in a regular cup and you have to pour it into your mug?

I would like to keep my coffee hot for an extended period while I'm enjoying the scenery on our balcony. However, I wonder if it's worth carrying my travel coffee mug in the first place.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just off the Maasdam and they had some nice souvenir coffee mugs for sale in the gift shop. Both hot and cold (with straw) style for a reasonable price. I saw several people that had bought them getting them filled at the Explorations Cafe. Also, just a FYI, the Explorations Cafe had a refrigerated display case with cookies, biscotti, small veggie and fruit cups etc. which were free for the asking. The macaroons were to die for. You don't have to order anything from the cafe- just ask the baristas for whatever appeals to you.

Bring your mug. If you are transporting something fragile, it can be packed inside. The mug is good for keeping pillow chocolates intact on the way home.

In the meantime, the mug will keep your coffee hot. (I pre-heat mine with hot water, then dump the water when it's time to fill it with coffee.)

Bring your mug. If you are transporting something fragile, it can be packed inside. The mug is good for keeping pillow chocolates intact on the way home.

In the meantime, the mug will keep your coffee hot. (I pre-heat mine with hot water, then dump the water when it's time to fill it with coffee.)

Trust me, pillow chocolates never make it past bedtime for us!

I like your thinking. ;)

Thanks for the advice. I will bring my travel mug.

Never thought to pre-heat the mug, but that makes a lot of sense.

Our pillow chocolates never make it home either, unless they are dark chocolate. My daughter gobbles them up right away as an after dinner treat!

And good thinking about balancing a pastry on top of the lid. Perhaps I can just put the pastry on the same plate from the buffet with those little sugar covered donuts.......so addictive!

I do the same as Ruth with stuffing the cup with the chocolates. They go as a special little gift to my Hubbie (maybe minus a few;) ) if I've gone solo. And that brings up a need to book another get away, as the jar is almost empty. :eek: ....:D:D

Check out the special edition cinnamon rolls at Explorations. They only make a couple dozen and go quickly. They have cream cheese frosting. Gosh they are good.

I took my two Starbucks cups and the day before we get on the ship I pick up a cardboard cup holder at Starbucks. then I have room to put the 2 cups and some snacks on the tray to take back to the room. Everyone I walk past says oh what a good idea.