Best way to rent a car getting off of cruise at Port Everglades?

Exactly what my post says hehe....what is the best way to rent a car for a day from Port Everglades once you get off of the ship?

Thanks a bunch in advance

I always use Thrifty in Fort Lauderdale. Among other plusses, they have an office right at the gate of the port.

I recently had to make FLL car decisions. I found Dollar near the port 5400 Miami Rd (I think) to be the cheapest. I was deciding between a full week rental or just the two days post cruise. I was finding a mini van for two days for $250ish. Dollar was under $90!

Not sure if this helps but play with the websites and coupon codes. Dollar's coupon codes that I found the best rate with was on their web site under specials.

I have used Avis and Hertz from Port Everglades. Both offer drop-off/pick-up shuttle service to/from all the piers. Excellent service.

Avis: Location Code: F8D

Address: 2301 Southeast 17th Street

Hyatt Regency Hotel

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Hertz: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/unitedstates/florida/ftlauderdale/FLLP24

Try the off site shuttles (as suggested) and avoid the airport offices if possible. We found the rates to be much higher. We rented from Hertz last month, got picked up by the shuttle, and saved A LOT of $$$ by using our AAA discount.

I have used Avis and Hertz from Port Everglades. Both offer drop-off/pick-up shuttle service to/from all the piers. Excellent service.

How ever the location can be a small PITA if you do not know Ft Lauderdale. You must go west to go east to the beaches, however west will take you to Sawgrass easily, exit is a no left turn place. Most any GPS or smart phone GPS app with mapping will work.