Final Payment Date

Taters

I just realized that I do not know the final payment date for my Koningsdam cruise in May, 2017. I looked at my reservation on line, but do not see a final payment date anywhere. HAL's is not the most user friendly site. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

I just realized that I do not know the final payment date for my Koningsdam cruise in May, 2017. I looked at my reservation on line, but do not see a final payment date anywhere. HAL's is not the most user friendly site. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

The telephone. Call them or your TA.

DON

Might only be 75 days before sailing for a short cruise. Is it possible you were charged automatically? In which case there would be no balance due. Check your credit card charges to see if you were billed. m--

A deposit is required at the time of booking and final payment is due no later than 75 days prior to departure although some cruises have different final payment date requirements. Please consult the Holland America Line brochure for the final payment date applicable to your cruise.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/vsp/Main.action

You should have gotten a printed confirmation from whomever you booked your cruise, I.e., TA or through HAL or someone else.

Our TA always sends us (via regular mail) a confirmation spelling out everything -- dining time, type of dining, cabin number, date when final payment is due, etc.

All of our final payments are due 75 days before we sail. World cruises, parts of the world cruise and various Grand Cruises have different final payment dates.

It depends on the itinerary.

Grand World; Grand Voyages; any Segment of a Grand World or Grand Voyage; 29-50 day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas; Incan Empires; Amazon Explorer; 30+ day Europe Transatlantic or any segment of a 30+ day Europe Transatlantic sailing; Africa Explorer and Far East Explorer

120 days before commencing travel

All Holiday; Australia; New Zealand; South Pacific; Asia; Prinsendam Europe; South America and Antarctica sailings

90 days before commencing travel

Caribbean; Panama Canal; Mexico; Canada & New England; Pacific Coastal; Pacific Northwest; Alaska and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys; Europe (except Prinsendam Europe, 30+ day Transatlantic and segments of 30+ day Transatlantic) and 27-day or less Hawaii sailings

75 days before commencing travel

Edited by jtl513

Thanks so much for the replies, everyone. This is a 14 day Baltics cruise and my final payment date was indeed listed on my confirmation email. I booked on line.

I appreciate the help.

You should have gotten a printed confirmation from whomever you booked your cruise, I.e., TA or through HAL or someone else.

Our TA always sends us (via regular mail) a confirmation spelling out everything -- dining time, type of dining, cabin number, date when final payment is due, etc.

All of our final payments are due 75 days before we sail. World cruises, parts of the world cruise and various Grand Cruises have different final payment dates.

Ditto on this. Invoice is sent with booking and then each and every thing done that changes the booking such as adding laundry pre pay, visa service, DROP IN PRICE:D, adding transfers. There is a standard chart on the dates that refunds can be made and the final payment date. It is usually 75 days unless it isn't -- then 90 days unless it is world cruise segment or something. THUS must check your invoice. Some TA ask for a week early to get the paperwork in on time in your behalf. Do check up on that too -- if money not to HAL then YOU are the one who can loose your cabin assignment and goodies for booking a deal.

Will we get an email alerting us of that date from HAL? We booked direct so no TA.
You should have gotten a confirmation email when you made the booking which specified it. I don't think there is another warning ... at least we've never gotten one, since we always pay about 2 weeks early.