Getaway or Escape ?

We have been on the GA twice including its inaugural Caribbean cruise. We were on the Escape for its inaugural Caribbean cruise and will be sailing on her again next month.

The Escape has more features and better specialty restaurants. If you are cruising for the ship, enjoy the Escape. If you are cruising for the itinerary, take the Getaway.

The ships are Breakaway/breakaway Plus class ships so they are very, very similar. NCL tried to make some improvements on the Escape from lessons learned from the BA and GA. They take that to the next level on the Joy.

What about the pool deck and slides. What I've read is the pool deck is much more confined and crowded on the Getaway than the Escape? The videos I've looked at don't necessarily show that. But I've read the Escape pool deck was redesigned.

Per the slides, my family loved the big blue one you ride tubes in on Escape. Looks like its all sit on your but on Getaway besides the drop slide?

The Escape does, indeed, have more restaurants, but they are all specialty restaurants. It actually has LESS complimentary restaurants than the Getaway, as it is lacking Shanghai's and the Flamingo Grill. Even if you have the SDP, most of the new restaurants specific to the Escape (Food Republic, Bayamo, Pincho) are still not included or involve another upcharge.

Not a negative by any means--I've heard the food is great, but just fyi if you weren't planning on having the SDP or doing specialty dining.

And as stated, the Getaway does not have the Aqua Racer slide like the Escape, but instead two twisters slides that are pretty fast speed slides when lying down...not like the typical smaller "butt sitting" slide on all the ships ;)

Both are great ships and we have already booked to go back on each one. Some of our favorite things on the Getaway are the complimentary Flamingo Grill (one deck up from the buffet) and they are moving the show Million Dollar Quartet to the Getaway. The Escape has the fantastic water slide Aqua Racer (on tubes) and Food Republic (small plate dishes as good prices).

Tough decision, but you can't go wrong either way:cool:

If you like the Getaway itinerary, go with that. You can try the Escape later as it is doing the same itinerary for the foreseeable future.

The Escape has Western Carribean itineraries listed. Or am I confused? :confused:

Edit: a handful of 6-days this summer, and 7 days starting up in May 2017.

Edited by TheDougOut