Flying Clipper

john watson

5 hours ago, PurleyKing said:

My apologies; try tradewindvoyages.com

This will display an on-line form which, if you complete it, results in them emailing you the brochure.

They also have a Facebook page.

11 hours ago, PurleyKing said:

This will display an on-line form which, if you complete it, results in them emailing you the brochure.

Thank you!

On 6/27/2020 at 8:58 AM, PurleyKing said:

Thanks for that - looks very interesting & she will even be docked outside my house on the IOW during Cowes week 🙂  

• 2 months later...

I replied on another thread. Golden Horizon is being marketed now  by Trailfinders UK. A whole page in a recent flyer.  She will be cruising out of Harwich and Glasgow in summer 2021. Then Suez and out to Bali.

Not sure how N European weather will be acceptable, remember SC trying it and giving up. Rain and tropical bars not condusive to a good cruise!  Also a tricky sea area for an inexperienced crew.

I tried to post this info on the Royal Clipper Fbook page but it was blocked by the one administrator, Cpt Sergei. SC dont want people to know anything about what is obviously a bigger Royal Clipper. But painted to look different.

1 hour ago, Ional said:

I replied on another thread. Golden Horizon is being marketed now  by Trailfinders UK. A whole page in a recent flyer.  She will be cruising out of Harwich and Glasgow in summer 2021. Then Suez and out to Bali.

Not sure how N European weather will be acceptable, remember SC trying it and giving up. Rain and tropical bars not condusive to a good cruise!  Also a tricky sea area for an inexperienced crew.

I tried to post this info on the Royal Clipper Fbook page but it was blocked by the one administrator, Cpt Sergei. SC dont want people to know anything about what is obviously a bigger Royal Clipper. But painted to look different.

I just got the pricing today for the first lot of cruises - similar pricing to SC & tempted to do the UK ones as should be ok in August & will be interested to compare to SC 

10 hours ago, Ional said:

I sailed on the Southampton to Hamburg (fly home) cruise on Star Flyer and there were quite a few glitches.  Firstly the Transatlantic ran two days late and we had to go to Dover to start the voyage.  There were problems with a "Baltic Certificate" and arriving on a Sunday in the Netherlands and an inspector could not visit to sort out an engine fire alarm as I understood it. Consequently our overnight in Hamburg at the Beerfest did not happen and we were coached direct to the airport once docked.  The cruise line did provide excellent contingency measures, Hotel in Southampton and Hotel in Dover and rapid embarkation with check in on board. They also re-booked all the flights and organised my parking from a morning pick up to a late night 2am pick up from the security guards' office at Marchwood Industrial Estate.  They had additional white tarpaulins over the open deck area which made it far more wind and rain proof and more an enclosed tent effect  instead of an open deck these were not present on Star Clipper Transatlantic, which started from St. Maarten.

Regards John