Flying Clipper

john watson

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, dandee2 said:

All references to her have been removed from the Star Clippers website, so it looks very much as though she will not be joining their fleet. . Can't think of any obvious purchaser though.

About a month ago I was told by an employee of Star Clippers (US) that it was unlikely they would settle because the shipyard wanted $20m more than the contract because of delays and Star Clippers was definitely not willing to pay that.  What a shame.  Agree that it isn't a likely ship for many purchasers.  Perhaps a billionaire yacht collector.

• 4 months later...

Interesting news.

I must admit that I had never heard of Tradewind Voyages, but a quick search online revealed that Tradewind Voyages UK Ltd is a new UK company incorporated on 7 February 2020. It has one active direcctor. So I suspect that someone has seen a market opportunity with the (former) Flying Clipper being available and has set up this company specifically to buy and operate her. An interesting prospect.

Edited by Denarius
Full name of Tradewind inserted

Actually, the interesting bit is that the new company did NOT purchase the ship.   "The ownership of Brodosplit 483 remains with the wholly owned subsidiary of the DIV Group."    It sounds like this new entity may not have the financial clout to buy the ship, OR the court fight is on going with Star Clippers and they are using this as a way to recoup some of their losses.   

Tradewind Voyages is a sister company to the shipyard. Their parent company holds between 25 and 50 percent of Tradewind Voyages according to moneyhouse. No other owners listed there.

Just another try to put some pressure against the cruise company, as long as the netherland court which handles the arbitration between shipyard and cruise company has stopped any sale of the ship while arbitration is ongoing.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PurleyKing said:

Tradewind.com has announced that the ship is to be called Golden Horizon. Embryonic brochure available via the website, showing possible routes / voyages.

The website is not in service when I try to pull it up.