Looking for 1960 partners

johnnyrb

Looking for about 2000 partners to become equal owners of the cruise ship formerly known as the Carnival Jubilee. She is 733' long, with a 62.5' beam. Weighs in at 47,262 gross tons and has 9 passenger decks. Fits 1960 passengers and 670 crew.

Cabin assignments are on a first paid first choice basis. Heck we can all take turns driving the thing too! Maybe we'll post a sign up sheet somewhere and you can select the day and time you want to be captain. Not sure how we will pay to fuel this thing, Im sure we can just pass a hat around. Cost is only $35,000,000 so that seems like a bargain at least. If I cant raise the asking price here on CC, I wonder if they will at least let me take it out for a test drive.

Of course I'm not serious, but I thought that some Carnival fans would at least find the sale listing interesting. Considering what modern cruise ships cost, the asking price seems really low. I guess once the cruise line 'drives it off the lot' the ship's value starts depreciating like a new car. What is the value of 47,000 tons of scrap steel anyway?

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/Modern-Cruise-Ship%2C-1960-Passengers--Stock-No.-S2392-2875701/China#.VwaoG_krKHs

5356361_20150818094816674_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=924&h=693&t=1439920648000

Edited by johnnyrb

Fun post...have friends that had their Honeymoon on this ship...now it is so small! She kept saying how big is was and she learned every single corner of the ship...she just loved it. Life is so fast.

Edited by sjn911

Hi there

Maybe you could try a lowball offer. After all we would need some extra money for upkeep. :)

Let me know if this might happen. I a looking at retirement soon, so I should have some extra time.

Hi there

Maybe you could try a lowball offer. After all we would need some extra money for upkeep. :)

Let me know if this might happen. I a looking at retirement soon, so I should have some extra time.

Its going to happen, and Im putting you down to be in charge of painting it.

We sailed on her in 1997. Only cruise we took until Splendor in January this year. The kids (10 and 6) had a blast, though the younger one doesn't remember much about it. My memories are fuzzy, too, but I don't recall it being all that great. The cruise on Spendor was a blast, though.

Wouldn't mind owning a ship, though I've been focusing on cargo ships. Doubt I buy one of those, either. I've not managed, yet, to figure out what it takes to actually run a shipping company. I did actually track down this ship a while back. Its been out of service a few years, as I recall. Most recently in service with a Chinese cruise company.

I think you're just joking about looking for investors. If not, be careful. Your post is a public offering to sell securities and that can draw the ire of the SEC. Takes a ton of paperwork and no small amount of cash (six plus figures) to be able to make such an offering. Even soliciting people you already know is a significant undertaking.

If you are serious you could try crowd funding. Crazier things than a cruise line have been funded this way. With the strong numbers being reported by Carnival, perhaps there is a market for this.

Balconies can be added. Could combine cabins into suites and become a luxury line.