Ovation Summer 2017

Sorry if this has been asked - I know Ovation is supposed to home port in China / Australia

It seems like the RCCL website only has through late 2016 - has anybody seen / heard anything about summer 2017??

Sorry if this has been asked - I know Ovation is supposed to home port in China / Australia

It seems like the RCCL website only has through late 2016 - has anybody seen / heard anything about summer 2017??

Royal's schedule shows additional China itineraries coming in Summer 2016.

They have announced OTS will come back again for a short (but longer than the 2016) season in Australia. No itineraries have been released yet. They have just also announced a 4 week extension of her downunder season this year....left alot of us on the schedule 23jan repositioning cruise in the lurch. They have not released the itineraries for the 4 weeks yet either...but the revised repositioning cruise to Asia is ex SYD 20 Feb '17.

Hopefully once they sort that out, the sailings for rest of year will become known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to RCL, the itinerary for Australia will released later in April, probably a week or two from now. But we know how RCL is with itineraries, never really getting them out on time. However I'm believing that this April they will finally released it.

• 4 months later...

For some reason it has kept being pushed back - way beyond when it was meant to be released. They've stopped giving expected release dates now, and just say we'll let you know as soon as we have information.

They have had issues with load balancing and changing schedules quite a bit being a new region with a lot of supply added. It seems that they don't want to be mess any other bookings by subsequently cancelling them.

It seems that they don't want to be mess any other bookings by subsequently cancelling them.

Thank you for the reply. That sounds logical. The ship seems to be in a region of interest for me, but can't book what I can't see!

I don't see the schedule for Ovation for May through October 2017. Does anyone know when it will be released? I'm probably overlooking something obvious.

May to October, Ovation spends her time in China. Maybe they are letting the travel agents book them aka charter her before releasing the dates for Ovation that are not being chartered.

May to October, Ovation spends her time in China. Maybe they are letting the travel agents book them aka charter her before releasing the dates for Ovation that are not being chartered.

But I am interested in going to China, too! Let me see the itinerary!

Thanks for the responses.

That would be a change from the past year's operation. Most bookings on these sailings are through group bookings through travel agents, but these are done in tandem with open bookings rather than making it exclusive.

It's true they could be changing it to make it exclusive, but they haven't announced that.

They only released the schedule to May next year (April for Ovation), up to Singapore, a couple of weeks ago: http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2016/08/16/royal-caribbean-is-taking-over-singapore/