Discount for multiple excursions

MaiTaiMary

When we booked our current cruise, we were offered a promotion of 20% if:

1. We booked an excursion for every port

2. Everybody in all the cabins booked the excursions

3. We booked them within 24 hours

Now, this may be a good deal if we were just a family of 4 in one cabin, but we booked 3 cabins with 4 people in each. Needless to say, not everybody is going to want to do the same thing.

Other than that, I have never seen a discount, not even onboard.

Does Carnival still give a discount if you book three excursions with them?

I've only seen that discount when I first booked a cruise online, when the offer expired after 2 days or so, or another time after I made a final payment on a cruise. The first time I didn't expect the offer to pop up so I wasn't prepared to make that decision right then. However, most of the time we book independent excursions on our own so we wouldn't benefit from the discount. Do your planning ahead of time and then wait till your making your final payment to see if the offer comes up. It did give a 20% discount which is a pretty good offer from Carnival.

When we booked our current cruise, we were offered a promotion of 20% if:

1. We booked an excursion for every port

2. Everybody in all the cabins booked the excursions

3. We booked them within 24 hours

Now, this may be a good deal if we were just a family of 4 in one cabin, but we booked 3 cabins with 4 people in each. Needless to say, not everybody is going to want to do the same thing.

Other than that, I have never seen a discount, not even onboard.

They had a "30% off if you booked three excursions" on board the Freedom last year.

We are going to book online and I coulda sworn I saw the same thing on one of our previous cruises. Can't remember which one.

We'll have two cabins and will be booking an excursion in every port for everybody. It'll be about $1,000, so if we could get a discount that would be great.

I got the "20% off three excursions if booked within 48 hours" deal when I booked my July cruise. I ended up booking the Nassau Native Quest excursion, a cabana in HMC and a poolside cabana in Grand Turk and saved $110.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

It usually pops up right after booking with a countdown clock and the offer is only good for 24 or 48 hours. We took advantage of this last week and booked cabanas at HMC, GT, and Amber Cove and saved $125.

I took advantage of this also, and booked a cabana at HMC and the submarine excursion in Nassau. pretty much got the Nassau thing free. That works.

• 3 months later...

We had this offer available right after we paid our cruise in full last time.

We just paid our current cruise in full and didn't see this offer. Do you think if we called, they would give it to us? We're buying excursions in all three ports from Carnival and it would be a pretty good discount if we could get 20% off.

We used to get this promotion upon final payment

Our next cruise coming up it was at deposit.

Caught me by surprise.

It has always been for the first 3 port's

In the past we would book 3 excursions at a discount

when there was only 1 that really interested us.

We would wait a week and cancel the ones we were not interested in and would receive

refund on the canceled excursion.

This time they are linked together in a package in my cruise planner.

I have to cancel all or nothing (Smart move Carnival)

I'm wondering if I cancel just 1 after we get onboard.

We shell see.

We usually book independent but there are times where Carnivals is

the same or less money than doing it yourself.

Then add the 20% and its a bargain

Mystic Mountain in Jamaica is a example.

I booked a cruise in January (2 cabins) and got the offer upon paying the deposit. It was 20% off excursions for the first three ports (not all the ports, but my itinerary has 5 ports) and good for 48 hours.

I had read this tip from someone else. I selected three, and then before I paid, I eliminated the one I didn't want and just paid for the two I did want. Worked fine for both cabins to do it that way.

I've had it as I have booked and I've also seen it at final payment, but it is a promotional deal that they won't do very often. I booked onboard and by the time I saw it, I was stuck on the ships crappy internet trying to research excursions and ended up losing the deal, because I could not find the excursions I wanted fast enough, they would not cut me a break on it either.

We got the offer when we booked for this August. I *think* I remember reading about this before. There was a short time that code was available to all. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it again. It may have been on the Carnival forums.

• 2 weeks later...

On our last two cruises, this deal was available if you book on board the ship.

Is this the norm?

We are going to book all three excursions though Carnival and would really like to save some $$!

Just wondering if maybe we should take our chances and book when we are on board.

I've only seen that discount when I first booked a cruise online, when the offer expired after 2 days or so, or another time after I made a final payment on a cruise. The first time I didn't expect the offer to pop up so I wasn't prepared to make that decision right then. However, most of the time we book independent excursions on our own so we wouldn't benefit from the discount. Do your planning ahead of time and then wait till your making your final payment to see if the offer comes up. It did give a 20% discount which is a pretty good offer from Carnival.

This, you have to book the excursions when you book the cruise. They expire quickly.

Edited by dulcimergirl

This, you have to book the excursions when you book the cruise. They expire quickly.

No. I've seen the offer when making final payment and on the ship as well.

What I'm asking now is if they always have the deal on board the ship. Or if that was just a special on those cruises because they were trying to fill the excursions.