Soda package questions on Oasis of the Seas

Hi there.

Just looking for some answers to a few questions about the Soda Beverage Package I have purchased for my upcoming cruise aboard the Oasis of the Seas.(I cannot recall the name of the package but i do know that it only includes soda and i am provided a cup/mug to be used in the Coke machines).

What i'd like to know is: Do I have to bring that plastic cup/mug with me to bars and restaurants in order to get free soda?

Isn't there something embedded in/on my SeaPass card that indicates I have such a package and can't they just serve me soda in one of their cups/glasses instead?

I think it would look a bit silly at a nightclub/bar to be lugging that special mug with me and cubersome as well.

Can I get soda from poolside bars without the mug as well?

Where are the Coke (freestyle i think they are called- not sure) machines located?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You do not need the special cup to get soda at restaurants and bars. Without the cup, you will have about 6 different choices of flavors.

There are Freestyle machines on the Royal Promenade, Windjammer, and Wipeout Cafe.

So I take it that I just present my Sea Pass card at bars/restaurants to get my soda with the Soda beverage package and not have to use that blasted mug/cup?

If that's the case it will mean a lot less lugging around of bulky souvenir cups.

So I take it that I just present my Sea Pass card at bars/restaurants to get my soda with the Soda beverage package and not have to use that blasted mug/cup?

If that's the case it will mean a lot less lugging around of bulky souvenir cups.

Correct.

I hate hauling the cup around but DW loves it. Larger than glasses from bar and keeps drink colder. Bartenders have no problem filling her cup. Your choice. But if you use a freestyle machine you must use the cup.

We take the cups out on deck and have them filled at the bar, that way they keep the drinks cool when out in the sun.

Then get them refilled on the way back to the cabin.

But in the evening we would not carry around one around.

• 3 weeks later...
When getting soda from the bar, do you tip? That could really add up fast!

Totally up to you. I like to tip each drink because I'm not sure how much of that 18% is distributed to the bar server.

When getting soda from the bar, do you tip? That could really add up fast!

When you buy your soda package, it includes 18% tip, so you do not need to tip when getting soda from a bar. However, we usually frequent one bar more often than others, so if we have a bartender that is our "regular" who takes care of us quickly, we will tip a small amount half way through the cruise and also the last night. Really depends on the bartender, we had one bartender who would just reach out for the cups as we approached and also put up two bottles of water (we had replenish package). We definitely tipped him.

My boys don't drink sodas but I bought them a soda package as the freestyle machines also dispense sports drinks, punch, Lemonade and flavored Dasani water. Would they be able to get any of these "non soda" drinks at any of the other bars/restaurants or is it freestyle only for these options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My boys don't drink sodas but I bought them a soda package as the freestyle machines also dispense sports drinks, punch, Lemonade and flavored Dasani water. Would they be able to get any of these "non soda" drinks at any of the other bars/restaurants or is it freestyle only for these options.

The only beverages the soda package will get you at bars/restaurants would be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water.