Information on private tours for the Brittish Isles tour

minchakee

I was wondering if anyone has some good tour companies for St.Peters port,Cork,

Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast Inverness, Edinburgh & Bruges.

We will be 6 people and could join a group from sailing on the6,2016 Celebrity Silhoutte on Aug.6,2016.

I'd appreciate any info & hep with planning the tours.

Thanks,

Minchakee

We will be 6 people and could join a group from sailing on the6,2016 Celebrity Silhoutte on Aug.6,2016.

Thanks,

Minchakee

Google "Visit Scotland Blue Badge Tourist Guides" for all Scottish stops.

You will receive a recognised Visit Scotland representative who can organise everything for you.

Perfect for what you want :)

If you're talking about for this summer, most are probably booked up by now and the best ones will have been booked for a long time for sure.

One that may not be booked up yet is Tommy's Tours in Dublin. We used him and it went really well. He's flexible, knows how to get the lead out and get to quickly get venues before the tour buses and at opposite times of them so you're not wasting valuable time in lines. He took us to some unique places that the ship tours would never go to: tommystaxitours@hotmail.com

The others I used were really well known and I'm sure they've been booked up for a long time but try your roll call. Someone there may have space on their booked tour for you to join.

As has already been suggested, find the roll call for your cruise. It's likely that most of the arranged private tours in your roll call are fully booked but some may not be. As a group of six, you might want to consider booking your own. We've been to all of your ports except Liverpool and Bruges so I'm not sure about those two but for all of the others, you can manage on your own. You should, however, know what it is you want to see when you get there.

Check out the ports of call boards here where you will find lots and lots of information about getting to the cities and what to do when you get there. Also, check your local library for books on the ports.

Google Tom Sheridan and look for his port guides. They're free and provide loads of information about getting around.

In Cork we had an excellent all day tour with Butler's Buses (Ian@butlers-buses.com). We had 10 people on a mini-bus that could have held more people so it was very comfortable. We visited Youghal, Kinsale, Blarney Castle, Jameson Brewery. It was a beautiful drive through the countryside. $45 per person.

In Liverpool we took an all day tour to Northern Wales with Busy Bus (http://www.busybus.co.uk). This was a large group but we saw a lot of the countryside throughout Northern Wales. About $70 per person.

In Belfast we took a small group tour (3 people) with Paddy's Black Cabs. I don't have the contact information for them. This was to be a coastal drive, but the day was very foggy so we did not stay on the coast road much of the time. Main attraction was Giant's Causeway. When we returned to Belfast, we went to the Titanic Museum. I highly recommend this. We all thought it was one of the best museums we have ever visited. $121 per person.

I have never taken a tour in Bruges, but have been there twice. We made arrangements for a taxi from the port into town many months ahead of time. The town is very easily walkable, and there is a nice boat ride on the canal.

You will have a great trip.

Carolyn

Thanks,

Minchakee

Dublin, recommend the HoHo bus

Cork Butler Bus Tours

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186600-d4008350-Reviews-Butlers_Bus_Tours_of_Ireland-Cork_County_Cork.html

Liverpool, we did a great tour of North Wales from Liverpool with Busybus

http://www.busybus.co.uk/wales-from-liverpool

Belfast, go see the Giant's Causeway with Odysseyhttp://odysseycoachtours.co.uk/Giants-Causeway-Tours/

We used Paddywagon for both Irish countries. Enjoyed it very much.

In Liverpool we used Boutique Tours of North Wales. They get top ratings everywhere. This was our favorite we've ever done. Absolutely amazing!

We used WOW tours in Scotland.

Enjoy!

Judy