Harmony balcony cabin question

I don't think anyone will know that answer until someone has sailed on the ship either in that room or adjacent to it. I do know that they alternate room by room. Not unless someone knows how they plan the decks?

We always had staterooms with the bed further from the balcony, and liked it that way. On our Quantum cruise, the bed was by the balcony, and LOVED it! Hoping we get it that way again on the Anthem in July and Harmony in November?

What is your preference, since you are asking?

According to the "formula"....your bed is near the balcony.

Wow, thanks that is great that you know!! What is the formula? I would love to figure it out on our next 2 upcoming cruising. Thanks!

Wow, thanks that is great that you know!! What is the formula? I would love to figure it out on our next 2 upcoming cruising. Thanks!

Just to clarify. It is not my formula and only hoping it is true.....

Look at the deck plans

Find the CLOSEST ADJOINING cabins to YOUR cabin

Pretend you are standing in the hallway, facing the adjoining cabins. The one on the "right" bed is by the balcony.

Start going in the direction of YOUR cabin. Every other one is balcony or closet. (bed location).

Edited by champagne123
vvvvv

The balcony cabins on Harmony are not the same as on Oasis and Allure. They are actually longer and are the same as the cabins on the Quantum class ships. I have no ispdea if the beds alternate on the Quantum class ships.

hmmm, well i will be a happy camper either way with my ocean view!

Hope this is true..but figured out for our Harmony boardwalk balcony cabins our #9729 bed by the closet, #9727 bed by the balcony, #9725 bed by the closet, #9723 bed by the balcony...as you can figure out the cabins that sleep 3 because of the fold out sofa's these cabins will have the bed by the closet.

The thing that I'm not crazy about is that apparently there will be a closet between the bed and the sofa's much like Quantum...and the night stand a little narrow cutting board looking thing.

I for one wish they hadn't mixed the Oasis and Quantum design...just a poor mix...JMHO.

Hope this helps a bit.

Does anyone know in cabin #8318 is the bed next to the balcony?

We have sailed in balcony cabins with the bed near the balcony and it makes the cabin more comfortable.

When we sailed on Allure we had the bed next to the closet and it was just too close to the closet for our liking. It was very tight. I did not like that the night stands, did not have drawers in them either.

Hoping it isn't the same, when we sail on Harmony in Feb 2017. I felt that Allure did not have good storage space, so I bought a hanging closet organizer, that will give us 4 additional shelves in the closet. I found it on markdown at a Marshall's one day....It was worth $5.

Our first JS on Her Majesty gave us a nice layout. That cabin had a sofa and a chair near the balcony and both had a nice view through the balcony doors, if you did not want to actually be outside and not on the balcony.

We have sailed in balcony cabins with the bed near the balcony and it makes the cabin more comfortable.

When we sailed on Allure we had the bed next to the closet and it was just too close to the closet for our liking. It was very tight. I did not like that the night stands, did not have drawers in them either.

Hoping it isn't the same, when we sail on Harmony in Feb 2017. I felt that Allure did not have good storage space, so I bought a hanging closet organizer, that will give us 4 additional shelves in the closet. I found it on markdown at a Marshall's one day....It was worth $5.

Our first JS on Her Majesty gave us a nice layout. That cabin had a sofa and a chair near the balcony and both had a nice view through the balcony doors, if you did not want to actually be outside and not on the balcony.

The cabin layout on the Harmony is completely different than on the Oasis and Allure. You are correct about what you said about the bed by the closet.

The Harmony cabins are just like the ones on the Quantum Class ships. No matter where the bed is, you have plenty of room. The cabin was the best laid out cabin i have ever been in. IMHO the balcony cabin was better and more spacious than a mini suite on Princess Royal Class ships. The storage is great. We always over pack and still had empty storage space.

The cabin layout on the Harmony is completely different than on the Oasis and Allure. You are correct about what you said about the bed by the closet.

The Harmony cabins are just like the ones on the Quantum Class ships. No matter where the bed is, you have plenty of room. The cabin was the best laid out cabin i have ever been in. IMHO the balcony cabin was better and more spacious than a mini suite on Princess Royal Class ships. The storage is great. We always over pack and still had empty storage space.

Thanks! I have not found a way to not overpack (although we are pretty good).....and since we don't have to fly 99% of the time, it is just 'add it to the suitcase' philosophy.