Cheers drinks package or cash card??

MKI29

Hi, We are sailing on the Carnival Vista in July and we can't decide whether to buy the Cheers drinks package for me and my hubby or put money on a cash card to spend in the bars? We both enjoy a drink, but we've never cruised with Carnival before so are unsure of the prices of wine, beer, etc when on board?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Figure about $10 for most mixed drinks, $6 for beers. If you look for other Cheers! threads, some have recent drink menus posted for exact prices. Plus Cheers! now includes non-alcoholic drinks, including fancy coffee, milkshakes, sodas and water. We did not do it the last cruise. With the changes, we've purchased it for our upcoming cruise.

If you can knock back 15 drinks, along with some of the non-alcoholic drinks, it's definitely worthwhile. It only takes about five of the tropical drinks to break even.

Do be aware everyone in the cabin 21+ has to buy it. I'll drink more than my wife, so it wasn't really worthwhile under the old rules. With the addition of the other drinks, and the price limit increase from $10 to $50 (which means pretty much anything on the ship is covered) I think its a good deal, even with both of us having to buy it.

Hi, We are sailing on the Carnival Vista in July and we can't decide whether to buy the Cheers drinks package for me and my hubby or put money on a cash card to spend in the bars? We both enjoy a drink, but we've never cruised with Carnival before so are unsure of the prices of wine, beer, etc when on board?? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ok if I am reading this correct I will give you my 2 cents worth.

First a prepaid cash card wont help in the bar itself. Yes you can put it on as the payment method for your Sail and Sign card, however, in the bar all you can use is the SnS card. So in effect you are charging the drinks to your account each time. Each drink is around $10 for mixed give or take for liquor preference and a beer in general is around $6. If you drink one or two a day go for the prepaid on the SnS but if you each drink more than that on vacation then the Cheers program is for you. Plus with the new enhancements you get a lot more. You can now get specialty coffee, milkshakes, non-alcoholic drinks, and bottled water all unlimited. Many people are saying that the break even point is about 5-6 mixed drinks a day each but if you add in all the non-alcoholic options that number comes down fairly quickly. Specialty coffee is $4-6 each Milkshakes I believe I saw around $5 and the bottled water depends on where you are. Half liters are available at the bars and larger formats are available in the MDR including San Pellegrino. I hope this helps

Edited by 65stang

Break even point of drinks vs The Cheers Program

Cheers Program $49.95 + 15% gratuity ($7.49) = 57.44 per day

Cost: W/ Gratuity [ # of Drinks [ Total PP a Day [ Example of Drinks [

$5.75 $6.61 9 $59.49 Most Beers / Lower end Liquor / All Rum

$6.25 $7.18 8 $57.44 Crown Royal / Some Beers / lower end Wine

$7.25 $8.33 7 $58.31 Icy Inventions / Spiked Milkshakes

$8.75 $10.06 6 $60.36 Classic Cocktails / Specialty Drinks

$9.95 $11.44 5 $57.20 Patron Silver / High End Wine

$10.95 $12.59 5 $62.96 Blues Patron Margarita / Patron Raposado

$12.95 $14.89 4 $59.57 Red Frog Tropical Hurricane / Piano Bar Blue Girl

Free Non Alcoholic Drinks with purchase of Cheers Program

$2.95/$3.50 Coffee

$1.95 Bottled Water Small

$3.25 Bottled Water Large (Main Dining room & Specialty Restaurants only)

$4.75 Rockstar Energy Drinks

$2.95 Vitamin water

$2.95 Powerade

$3.50 Honest Tea

$3.95 Milkshakes

$1.95 Soda

$4.95 Zero Proof Frozen cocktails

Break even point of drinks vs The Cheers Program

Cheers Program $49.95 + 15% gratuity ($7.49) = 57.44 per day

Cost: W/ Gratuity [ # of Drinks [ Total PP a Day [ Example of Drinks [

$5.75 $6.61 9 $59.49 Most Beers / Lower end Liquor / All Rum

$6.25 $7.18 8 $57.44 Crown Royal / Some Beers / lower end Wine

$7.25 $8.33 7 $58.31 Icy Inventions / Spiked Milkshakes

$8.75 $10.06 6 $60.36 Classic Cocktails / Specialty Drinks

$9.95 $11.44 5 $57.20 Patron Silver / High End Wine

$10.95 $12.59 5 $62.96 Blues Patron Margarita / Patron Raposado

$12.95 $14.89 4 $59.57 Red Frog Tropical Hurricane / Piano Bar Blue Girl

$2.95/$3.50 Coffee

$2.95 Vitamin water

$2.95 Powerade

$3.50 Honest Tea

$3.95 Milkshakes

$1.95 Soda

Edited by JDT417
put everything together

Also remember that on port days, you may not be on the ship that long so you would have to drink a lot after you get back onboard to make it worth your while.

You can take a few drinks off the ship in a water bottle. No rule against this.

We did cheers last week - had decided to purchase prior to the addition of coffee, etc but that really made it worth it for us. Since we had it we both averaged over $10 a day on coffee, iced coffee, vitamin water, and shakes. Would have been even better if we had not ordered water through BV and decided not to cancel it for the convenience of having it in the room.

We were on the Triumph that has the Alchemy bar and figured out how to get four drinks from there each night without going into a coma.... That was $42 worth of drinks alone.

This is all great info...

Me and the hubby and another couple are planning on doing Cheers for our upcoming cruise in June. I remember looking into the plan for previous cruise and it was too restrictive before.

Now, we are thinking of all four of us getting the Cheers program (we're in two cabins).

Here's my question: When I first read about the program, it seemed like each drink I ordered I would have to pay the 15% gratuity (that's normally added to the receipt automatically) in addition to the $49/day. But it seems like I just pay the 15% on the $49 and then the drinks are truly paid for right? (barring any additional tip I decide to leave)

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks in advance!

You can take a few drinks off the ship in a water bottle. No rule against this.

There we go -- a legitimate use for Rum Runners :D Order a drink every 5 min on the morning of a port day, fill up your rum runners, carry them off and no need to purchase those cheaper port drinks :cool:

This is all great info...

Me and the hubby and another couple are planning on doing Cheers for our upcoming cruise in June. I remember looking into the plan for previous cruise and it was too restrictive before.

Now, we are thinking of all four of us getting the Cheers program (we're in two cabins).

Here's my question: When I first read about the program, it seemed like each drink I ordered I would have to pay the 15% gratuity (that's normally added to the receipt automatically) in addition to the $49/day. But it seems like I just pay the 15% on the $49 and then the drinks are truly paid for right? (barring any additional tip I decide to leave)

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks in advance!

You pay the 15% when you purchase the Cheers package and that is it, you pay nothing else.

So you don't need to top the waiter or bartender when they bring your drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You do not have to tip the waiter or bartender, but we do. Those waiters work really hard.

We had cheers on the Elation for my surprise birthday cruise, there were 14 of us and our favorite waiters Gede and Ricky took great care of us! And we took great care of them.

Edited by soontobeemptynesters

The drink package is 50 before sailing, 55 on ship... does that mean up to the ship leaves or the day before if we order online we can get it for the cheaper price? or how soon before do you have to pre order to save?

The drink package is 50 before sailing, 55 on ship... does that mean up to the ship leaves or the day before if we order online we can get it for the cheaper price? or how soon before do you have to pre order to save?

Cheers & Bottomless Bubbles

Enjoy delicious drinks and soda and bypass the cash register with a daily beverage program! Purchase early and save! Pre-cruise website pricing is $49.95/person per day; on-board pricing is $54.95/person per day..

CHEERS!

$49.95/day

15% gratuity will be added to cart.

For a lot of folks, kicking back at the bar is essential to a great vacation. We introduced CHEERS! so you can have the best bar experience ever – bartenders bring you drinks … but never the bill. Enjoy the ease of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages over the entire length of your cruise. Now, that’s something to cheer about!

Notice: Purchase early and save! On-board pricing is $54.95/person per day.

Cut-off for pre-purchase is the day before embarkation and 11:00pm EST through call center. Additional restrictions apply, see program details below.

Edited by 65stang

• 4 weeks later...

Cutoff is 11 pm EST the night before you sail away. If you have more ?s check out the Cheers description on Carnival website.

Edited by AK Wife

So with the kids bubble card they can only get soda. But with this one adults get milkshakes and everything. Wonder why there is no mid range option for kids? Instead of just a cheap soda card why not have one for kids that includes:

$2.95/$3.50 Coffee

$2.95 Vitamin water

$2.95 Powerade

$3.50 Honest Tea

$3.95 Milkshakes

$1.95 Soda

I'm taking my teens and they'd love the milkshakes and vitamin water along with some soda. Seems like they are missing a huge market by not having a mid price option for non alcoholic drinks even if they put a daily limit on them to cut down on waste.

Seems like its still expensive to me 50 dollars a day plus gratuity man you gotta be packing them away for that.

5 mixed drinks and you're at $50 (they're about $10 each, some a little more after the included 15% gratuity). Top shelf Patron is $15 a shot on the ship. Included with Cheers, you can have 15 of those Patron shots plus all the premium coffee milkshakes and soda you can hold.

Cruises are exercises in hedonism, so I consider Cheers a required purchase for my cruises.