New menus on the Jewel yet? New suite dining menu?

kdzkatz

We will be on the Jewel in a little over a month and curious if they have changed over the O'Sheehan's menu to the new items?

We are also wondering if they will be updating the suite menu in Moderno for breakfast and lunch. It has had VERY little change over the last several years. It's good food but it would sure be nice if they changed even one thing daily in there for breakfast and lunch.

Fingers crossed on the new menu in O'Sheehans being rolled out before we sail in May as there are a few things on there I would like to try. :D

We will be on the Jewel in a little over a month and curious if they have changed over the O'Sheehan's menu to the new items?

We are also wondering if they will be updating the suite menu in Moderno for breakfast and lunch. It has had VERY little change over the last several years. It's good food but it would sure be nice if they changed even one thing daily in there for breakfast and lunch.

Fingers crossed on the new menu in O'Sheehans being rolled out before we sail in May as there are a few things on there I would like to try. :D

Can't speak about the Jewel, but last month on POA after the drydock they had a new Cagney's lunch menu. Breakfast pretty much looked the same, nothing recognizably different there.

Lunch - no more shrimp cocktail or steak. New super thick pork chop, new roast beef sandwich, brie burger instead of the old burger. Brownie dessert and banana cream pie different. All in all nice improvement in food IMO. I do have some pics of the menu.

I've also seen some pics from a recent trip where it looked like the old menu but they had pics of the new roast beef sandwich so maybe they are already changing some things over.

Can't speak about the Jewel, but last month on POA after the drydock they had a new Cagney's lunch menu. Breakfast pretty much looked the same, nothing recognizably different there.

Lunch - no more shrimp cocktail or steak. New super thick pork chop, new roast beef sandwich, brie burger instead of the old burger. Brownie dessert and banana cream pie different. All in all nice improvement in food IMO. I do have some pics of the menu.

I've also seen some pics from a recent trip where it looked like the old menu but they had pics of the new roast beef sandwich so maybe they are already changing some things over.

Thank you for the info. I am glad to hear you are happy with the improvement. We really enjoyed the food 2 years ago on the Jewel. Last year is was good but a big drop-off from the year before. Hopefully it is on the way back up as the prices to cruise on NCL are certainly on the way up (along with most of the cruise lines I think). :eek:

Edited by kdzkatz

Sorry for a bit of the duplication of menu items from pic to pic - I wanted to make sure I got all the items when I was taking the pictures.

Some of the things sound familiar to what was on the old menu but they are different.

Sorry for a bit of the duplication of menu items from pic to pic - I wanted to make sure I got all the items when I was taking the pictures.

Some of the things sound familiar to what was on the old menu but they are different.

Thanks for the pics!

It is my understanding that the MDR menus have been updated fleetwide,

as of April 2016, This is what an NCL press release said and my TA

Thank you for posting! That is the lunch menu for suite passengers? Wow I wonder if it is different on the POA vs the Jewel otherwise there are quite a few new things since last May.

I was able to confirm that O'Sheehans as of last week still had the old menu. I am hoping it changes to the new one before the cruise and I will be curious to see if the suite restaurant menu is the same as what you sent pics of.

I will know much more in 5 1/2 weeks. :D:D

Thank you for posting! That is the lunch menu for suite passengers? Wow I wonder if it is different on the POA vs the Jewel otherwise there are quite a few new things since last May.

I was able to confirm that O'Sheehans as of last week still had the old menu. I am hoping it changes to the new one before the cruise and I will be curious to see if the suite restaurant menu is the same as what you sent pics of.

I will know much more in 5 1/2 weeks. :D:D

Yes, lunch menu. My guess is it will be the same on all ships at some point in time as the Cagney's lunch menu from all ships I've been on have been the same. I know I've seen someone post the old menu recently but it had the new french dip pictured (that is not too hard to do though, just swap out the old one on the dry bread with the too salty meat and give it a nice soft bun with delicious meat).

So in some cases they could just move to the new items - like the old brownie dessert to the new one, or the banana dessert without really having to change the wording on the old menu.

I thought I would bump this thread back up to see if the people that returned on the Jewel on April 16th can verify if the new menu in O'Sheehan's has been changed to the new one yet. Also if possible to find out if the lunch menu for suite passengers has been updated as shown in an earlier post in this thread? I really hope so as we cruise in a month.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

We got off the Jewel 3 days ago.

I am honestly not sure what the old vs new menus are but the lunch menu (for sure) was basically this.

Apps:

Spinach and Artichoke dip

Wings

Pot Pie

Fish and Chips

Ruben

Meatloaf

We got off the Jewel 3 days ago.

I am honestly not sure what the old vs new menus are but the lunch menu (for sure) was basically this.

Apps:

Spinach and Artichoke dip

Wings

Pot Pie

Fish and Chips

Ruben

Meatloaf

Thank you very much as that is enough info to know they have not switched to the newer O'Sheehan's menu yet. They will be doing away with the pot pie, mozzarella sticks and chicken tenders and offering a few different hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, fajitas, bangers & mash. We are intrigued with many of the eventual new offerings and hope the menu switches prior to our cruise in a month.

Thanks again! :):)

Thanks for sharing. Really appreciate it.

I am wondering if the Jewel will update their suite/vip breakfast and lunch menus as well as O'Sheehans during the Pacific Coastal or when they start the Alaska cruise season on May 7th. I really hope so as us and my parents both uphold to the Owners Suite and connected forward penthouse and the menu dexddd posted looks wonderful!

I will bump this thread again tomorrow if it falls too far down so hopefully people just getting off the Jewel may see it and respond. I really appreciate those that have given info on this thread after they had returned. :D

I am wondering if the Jewel will update their suite/vip breakfast and lunch menus as well as O'Sheehans during the Pacific Coastal or when they start the Alaska cruise season on May 7th. I really hope so as us and my parents both uphold to the Owners Suite and connected forward penthouse and the menu dexddd posted looks wonderful!

I will bump this thread again tomorrow if it falls too far down so hopefully people just getting off the Jewel may see it and respond. I really appreciate those that have given info on this thread after they had returned. :D

On you on 9 or 10? The OS on Jewel class and Dawn class are nice especially having the front and side balcony.

On you on 9 or 10? The OS on Jewel class and Dawn class are nice especially having the front and side balcony.

We are on deck 9. I think the ones on deck 10 are more sought after but they were gone and with the upsell I certainly am not going to complain. :D It is also nice that we were able to upsell my parents into the connecting forward penthouse. This will be their second cruise and first experience living the suite life. :D:D

I will miss my favorite swordfish burger but a few changes in the menu will be nice. The waitstaff was super in getting a sandwich for me one day instead of me returning to my cabin for the butler to bring it. I was able to eat with my DH. That was really above and beyond and very much appreciated.

We got off the Jewel today. OSheehans still had pot pie on the menu. We only ate there once and the prime rib special was great

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the food and I hope you had a great cruise! Thank you so much for sharing! I really appreciate it. It will be great either way but we always like trying different stuff and look forward to the new menu to be able to do just that. :D:D

I thought I would bump this thread back up to see if the people that returned on the Jewel on May 1st can verify if the new menu in O'Sheehan's has been changed to the new one yet. Also if possible to find out if the lunch menu for suite passengers has been updated as shown in an earlier post in this thread? I really hope so as we cruise later this month.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I would bump this thread back up to see if the people that returned on the Jewel on May 1st can verify if the new menu in O'Sheehan's has been changed to the new one yet. Also if possible to find out if the lunch menu for suite passengers has been updated as shown in an earlier post in this thread? I really hope so as we cruise later this month.

I think this will be the last bump as I will know the answer first hand this Saturday. I'm hoping someone has any info about the pending menu change.

The old O'Sheehans menu had pot pie, mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers. The new menu no longer has those and includes wings and nachosand a variety of hot dogs among other things.

The old suite lunch menu had a steak, the new one has a double cut pork chop.

We just returned from the Jewel. What would the new menu have or not have on it?
Edited by OneParticularHarbour 71

If the Jewel is confirmed to still have the old menu up to this point I will report back here after our cruise to let you know if it has changed yet. I will also give my 2 cents of the new offerings if available as I plan on trying just about everything.

My DW and I have been in training for this cruise lol. We have both lost about 10% of our total body weight and about 33 pounds between the 2 of us over the last 6 1/2 weeks. Just a few more days of "training" before we jump off the wagon for a week. :D:D

We have to try and restrain ourselves a little better than last year. We normally eat pretty healthy and we had too much rich food too fast and we might as well have drank too much as we did not feel well later that first evening into late morning the next day. Our bodies were adjusted by then and we indulged without a care in the world. We have 51 other weeks of the year we can be concerned with what we eat and drink. :D:D

Edited by kdzkatz