Price of Invicta watches onboard the Pride

PaCUfan

Hi all,

We were on the Pride back in Oct and they ran a large sale most of the week on Invicta watches. As I'm planning my next cruise coming up in May, I wondering if anyone can tell me if this sale is pretty common (I imagine that it is) and how much do these watches normally cost after the markdown? I'd like to budget to get one...

TIA!:cool:

They typically run between $50-500 from what I saw..... they have some HUGE crazy "retail" cost like $2-8000. Not to be a dark cloud on your bright day but I would look into the "quality" of the watches, and warranty. It's not the greatest, even people who take immaculate care of their watches have had issues with them. Which really sucks cause I have wanted one every time I go, I just cant bring myself to do it...

I have a few Invicta watches and I can say the quality for which you pay is there. With that said I would say the Carnival sales are hit and miss on what is a good deal or not. If you new to those watches I would purchase while home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several Invicta watches and look each time I am on the ship. The prices are always way higher than what you can get them for off ebay or amazon.

This... I've seen Invicta watches for really cheap at TJ Maxx/Marshall's many times as well.

I'm glad there was a post here about these watches. I was just on the Victory two weeks ago and they had a huge sale of Invicta watches.. some of them were over 70% off. I saw watches where regular price was $700+ and were being sold for $250. I too would have wanted to buy one but i'm glad someone mentioned about the quality. I also began seeing invicta watches on Amazon being sold for the same price.

Invicta is a sold brand and I feel when you shop around they can be a good deal. I have a couple pieces that I've worn for 5+ years without any issues. You have to keep in mind also that the pieces range from 20 dollars to hundred of dollars. It all depends on what you are in the market for.

They run discounts pretty much across the board except new pieces. Buying jewelry is similar to car buying shop around and tryout before making a final decision. So you better like it because very few items hold their value.

Invicta watches are junk with super inflated MSRP's. They're probably the most laughable brand of watches amongst watch enthusiasts. Any watch you can get for $100 with a supposed msrp of $1500 .....on any street corner every day of the week is a brand to avoid.

Invicta watches are junk with super inflated MSRP's. They're probably the most laughable brand of watches amongst watch enthusiasts. Any watch you can get for $100 with a supposed msrp of $1500 .....on any street corner every day of the week is a brand to avoid.

I am not a watch enthusiast, but would you recommend any brands that sell on a carnival cruise line that is worth a couple of hundred bucks?

So, are the "list prices" made up? or is it just that Invicta runs deep discount sales everywhere?

I think it safe to say that no one, anywhere, at anytime has ever paid the "retail" price for an Invicta watch.

Unfortunately consumers are driven by "sales" and the illusion that they are getting some type of discount.

Personally, I don't think Invicta watches are even worth looking at unless you just want a nice looking watch for $59-$79.

I am not a watch enthusiast, but would you recommend any brands that sell on a carnival cruise line that is worth a couple of hundred bucks?

There was a thread recently similar to this, although that one was more like there are ABSOLUTELY NO DEALS on watches in the Fun Shops onboard a Carnival ship...and that may have started with Invicta watches.

However, myself and a few other chimed in to that thread saying we did get decent "deals" on Citizens watches, which is the case for myself and my wife as we each bought a Citzens's watch onboard a cruise on the Pride last year. I don't recall the exact savings but from ports we stopped at (probably the worst comparison) to online outlets and retail stores at home, we actually did save a decent amount for all other "sale" or deeply discounted prices we saw for the same models of watches. Others agreed that Citizens watches are not as crazily marked up as say the Invicta's are, and the %% discounts posted on the ship stores can really be off the "real" retail value of those Citizen's watches. YMMV, but we did ok purchasing Citizens brand watches.

I would agree with the above poster that Invicta watches are not a luxury watch and I would put them in the same category as a casio or fossil.

If you want a quality watch to buy at sea or in port, you can look at citizen watches. They will have a regular MSRP unlike Invicta. Any citizen can be bought for 25% off at a retailer on most occasion. 40% off MSRP is a good deal and anything more that that, should make you feel good about your price point.

Good luck

-F-

There was a thread recently similar to this, although that one was more like there are ABSOLUTELY NO DEALS on watches in the Fun Shops onboard a Carnival ship...and that may have started with Invicta watches.

However, myself and a few other chimed in to that thread saying we did get decent "deals" on Citizens watches, which is the case for myself and my wife as we each bought a Citzens's watch onboard a cruise on the Pride last year. I don't recall the exact savings but from ports we stopped at (probably the worst comparison) to online outlets and retail stores at home, we actually did save a decent amount for all other "sale" or deeply discounted prices we saw for the same models of watches. Others agreed that Citizens watches are not as crazily marked up as say the Invicta's are, and the %% discounts posted on the ship stores can really be off the "real" retail value of those Citizen's watches. YMMV, but we did ok purchasing Citizens brand watches.

Well said.

Also remember that you don't pay taxes. So paying the same for a watch in port or at sea, saves you the 6%-10% that you would normally spend in taxes.

-F-

Well said.

Also remember that you don't pay taxes. So paying the same for a watch in port or at sea, saves you the 6%-10% that you would normally spend in taxes.

-F-

Absolutely. What I posted, I did not even think about the tax savings on top of the savings for the watch....On a $3-500 watch, heck, thats 2-3 drinks at the Alchemy bar!!