Inside Promenade

philsr1939

I'm not sure, but for other lines to have this type of stateroom would also require that they have an inside mall or open center plan similar to the Royal Promenade, and that may be a feature unique to RCI. Maybe others would know.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

After Carnival spent $155 million re-doing the Destiny, it is now the Sunshine. Our favorite deck is the Promenade, deck 5. There are cabins here, mostly for 4, past the back elevators , there are outside, inside and at the very back suites with, I think, a balcony.

The cabins here are often blocked unless there will be 4 in a cabin. They open up for anyone as time gets close to sailing date. But there are only a few what I call inside inside. There are outside cabins, then inside, then a hall with insides for 2, then insides and outsides. This is crossing the deck.

We LOVE this deck because just about everything is there. And our dining room is right below our cabin on deck 4. I go to our cabin to use the bathroom at dinner time. We even have a favorite cabin we were able to book for our B2B next fall but we booked it a LONG time ago. This will be our 4th & 5th time in this cabin for 4- there are two of us. These cabins have a refrigerator because they are new. Other cabins don't. There is also a sleeper sofa and one pull down.

The Taste Bar is back here, by the Martini bar, the Ocean Plaza, with huge dance floor, the Red Frog Pub and the Taste Bar has a simple breakfast and simple lunches every day.

Any other ships with cabins on the Promenade deck?

Oh, I forgot about some RCCL ships. They have inside cabins on I think 3 or maybe 4 decks that overlook the enclosed Promenade deck. We had one last year and hated it. You felt like you were in a fishbowl. If your curtain was open everyone across from you could see into your cabin. There were parades down there but you couldn't see much except what was right below your window.

Edited by Bonnie J.

After Carnival spent $155 million re-doing the Destiny, it is now the Sunshine. Our favorite deck is the Promenade, deck 5. There are cabins here, mostly for 4, past the back elevators , there are outside, inside and at the very back suites with, I think, a balcony.

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about interior promenade rooms that have windows looking into the interior of the ship.

That is some RCCL ships as I said but they know about RCCL not other ships.

Sorry...when I quoted you, you had not yet edited your post and added that last part. So, does Sunshine have these rooms, or are you describing something different on that ship? :confused:

The cabins on the Promenade (deck 5) on the Sunshine are all behind the back elevators. You get off the elevators and turn toward the back of the ship. The inside inside cabins are right in front of you down the inside inside hall. The other outside & inside cabins are on both sides just past the elevators. There is nothing else past the back elevators but cabins. When you get off the elevators you turn towards the back and, in our case, you walk right to our favorite cabin, 5307.

Pull up the deck plan on Carnival' site and you can see what I mean.