Forward cabins

disneylover89

What is your opinion of forward cabins with balconies? We have a hold on 2 forward cabins on deck 9 on the Conquest. We are nervous that a forward cabin may have too much movement for us. We once had one on a small ship, an inside on deck 2 and we swore never again but I am hoping that since this cabin is on deck 9, the rocking may not be as bad. Changing cabins is not an option.

We've had Lido balconies just forward of the pool doors a few times and didn't really have any movement. We had a scenic oceanview just above the bridge once and felt a little up and down motion but we loved it.

What is your opinion of forward cabins with balconies? We have a hold on 2 forward cabins on deck 9 on the Conquest. We are nervous that a forward cabin may have too much movement for us. We once had one on a small ship, an inside on deck 2 and we swore never again but I am hoping that since this cabin is on deck 9, the rocking may not be as bad. Changing cabins is not an option.

Not for us, that's for sure.

What cabin #?

We book forward Lido (deck 9) balcony cabins on Conquest class ships all the time. The amount of movement one feels can be subjective. Since none of us suffers from motion sickness, we are not affected at all.

Edited by stargate fan

Hint. If deck 2 goes up, deck 9 does too.:D If it's side rocking, deck 9 is more.

I just got off a VERY forward balcony cabin & it was wonderful. I can't believe I waited years to try one of these...I was always so afraid of the movement due to what I was reading...now I think I'll never book anything but these! It didn't feel any more rocky or rolly than it did when I was in the middle or in the back...It was amazing ;):D.

sea%20day%204_zpsidj0eyzf.jpg

Rocking will be more on 9 than on 2 . :p Lower you are less you fill it) but if changing is not an option just take some bonnine and enjoy your cruise :)

We had a very forward cabin on the Splendor in November and loved it because it had more movement then our prior mid ship cabins. If you don't like the movement you might be better off with something mid ship as a precaution.

Thanks for all the replies and opinions! The cabin number is 9233.

You'll be fine. Our cabin will be more forward than yours. I anticipate feeling like a baby in a cradle when I sleep at night. Was never seasick in a forward cabin. We always book decks 8, 9 or 10.

Was in a very forward cabin my last cruise under the bridge. We did feel the motion which was great for sleeping but was difficult for my oldest child on the 1st 2 nights. She was a bit seasick but not bothered once the dramamine kicked in. I'd go for it but be prepared just in case.