Thank goodness X doesn't....

Danno

Thank goodness X doesn't have...

...overly perky social staff who are determined to drag you into activities.

...many general announcements. By the end of our HAL cruise people were collecting money to arrange a hit on "Bingo Bob".

...have anything that even ressembles "guys in gowns" competitions. I have a hard even believing Carnival is that low brow.

...a reputation as a "booze cruise" line, and the clientel who follow. Spent a day on a beach with 10 folks from that other line...or it was the olympic "drinking team" tryouts...or the "loud and annoying" team tryouts...I'm not sure which.

...a reputation as a great "older folks" line. It is great to have a nice mix of all ages on the ship, but again, on our HAL cruise it was 75% over 70...really tough group on staff...made me quite uncomfortable watching the staff being constantly belittled.

...MEGA ships. Who needs them...too many people.

Feel free to add to this list...:D

Overly agressive, really??

I just let them do it...it's their job. Let them do their job.

Another thing I'm glad they don't do...they don't have "theme" nights...Island Night being the exception...I come from Canada, in Feb., I LOVE Island night.

Overly agressive, really??

I just let them do it...it's their job. Let them do their job.

Another thing I'm glad they don't do...they don't have "theme" nights...Island Night being the exception...I come from Canada, in Feb., I LOVE Island night.

Given your location, I would have thought that the only thing that would put you off any cruise would be the ice sculptures!

Thank goodness celebrity doen't have.......waiters greeting you on board with fancy cocktails you get charged for!

......Room stewards more interested in turning your towels into sculptures than cleaning your bathroom

Angie and Tony

Thank goodness celebrity doen't have.......waiters greeting you on board with fancy cocktails you get charged for!

......Room stewards more interested in turning your towels into sculptures than cleaning your bathroom

Angie and Tony

Hello. Nice to see you posting. :)

I don't think I've seen a post by you yet that didn't proclaim the virtues of Celebrity without putting down other cruises in the process.....isn't there a way to proclaim your love of your favorite line without being so nasty?

Have you ever on occasion, wanted to have a little fun, let your hair down, loosen your tie a bit?? Why does it pain you so that some people like that????

Variety is a good thing ya know. Maybe you should attempt a good crazy social activity once in a while to get the pickle out of your behind.

As for the age of Passengers and your condemnation of HAL...it seems that on the X cruise I'm sailing, I've been told the average age is 65....not exactly spring chickens....

I don't think I've seen a post by you yet that didn't proclaim the virtues of Celebrity without putting down other cruises in the process.....isn't there a way to proclaim your love of your favorite line without being so nasty?

Have you ever on occasion, wanted to have a little fun, let your hair down, loosen your tie a bit?? Why does it pain you so that some people like that????

Variety is a good thing ya know. Maybe you should attempt a good crazy social activity once in a while to get the pickle out of your behind.

Amen, I'm sailing on Celebrity for the first time Nov. 28th. I hope it is not a bunch of stuffed shirts.:rolleyes:

Amen, I'm sailing on Celebrity for the first time Nov. 28th. I hope it is not a bunch of stuffed shirts.:rolleyes:

I expect you'll have a great time with warm friendly people...great staff...wonderful meals and a ship kept to high standards.

I assume you are not hoping for a ship full of noisey drunks, PA annoucements constantly interrupting your conversation, and abusive pax enjoying belittling defenseless crew...but then, maybe that's just my opinion.

Halos...you have your opinion...I have my opinion...this is a great place to forward them.

But surely you must be able to say nice things about Celebrity without resorting to this bashing so much? Why not just say what you like and why? As much as you may enjoy looking down on HAL, Carnival et al, I'm sure there are folks on the luxury lines looking down on us all, for travelling on a mainstream line like Celebrity. I'm sure they feel we must act like cattle, wanting to be on a huge ship with almost two thousand people (and more, once the challenger class is launched). They likely chuckle about how some people delude themselves into ideas of luxury or refinement, on only a hundred or so a day for the fares.

I don't think I've seen a post by you yet that didn't proclaim the virtues of Celebrity without putting down other cruises in the process...

None?? Not any?? What an inane statement...

None?? Not any?? What an inane statement...

I, too, have noticed this in your posts. It's great that you feel you've found your cruise home on Celebrity. I presume you must have cruised Carnival, HAL, NCL, the RCCL megaships and many others on your way, since you make such sweeping statements about them. It must have been great to find on Celebrity a place that you finally feel comfortable.

As in our reaction to dress codes, I feel many of our attitudes about Celebrity vs other cruise lines are reflective of when we grew up, assuming that we did :), and where we have lived. On the one Carnival Cruise I took, I found it irritating to see kids running all over the ship without a parent around to supervise them. At the same time, I realize this is more acceptable today than it was when I was raising my daughter, who was born in 1977, so maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental.

I expect you'll have a great time with warm friendly people...great staff...wonderful meals and a ship kept to high standards.

I assume you are not hoping for a ship full of noisey drunks, PA annoucements constantly interrupting your conversation, and abusive pax enjoying belittling defenseless crew...but then, maybe that's just my opinion.

I have seen all of the above on my many Celebrity cruises, the other cruises lines do not have a monopoly on that kind of behavior. Nor does Celebrity have a monopoly on high standards and guests having great cruises.

Phil

There are different cruise lines for different people. Or if you so choose you can go on all the lines. It's all about choice. So maybe Dan likes Celebrity so much that every other cruise line fails in comparison. Thats his opinion. Halos has chosen to go on different cruise lines and will probably enjoy all of them for different reasons. that's his opinion. I respect both sides of the issue and everyone has their own valid points. No amount of discussion will change one's opinions. So, lets respect other peoples opinions and not be to judgmental. OK, now that we have this all out of our system lets play nice.

No amount of discussion will change one's opinions. So, lets respect other peoples opinions and not be to judgmental. OK, now that we have this all out of our system lets play nice.

Are you sure you've read Danno's posts?

Like, even the first one in this thread?

Or the one on progress?

I believe you need to read those before you start lecturing on being judgemental.

Are you sure you've read Danno's posts?

Like, even the first one in this thread?

Or the one on progress?

I believe you need to read those before you start lecturing on being judgmental.

I have read them. Many people agree with him but then many don't. He has the right to his opinion. Just as you have the right to think his opinion is "whatever." I am not going to say someone is wright or wrong because they are not. It's personal opinion. Dan isn't going over to the other boards and preaching the greatness of Celebrity. We all have the right to our opinion, we should be able to discuss them peacefully.

For example.

Steve: I hate Carnival

Dave: Carnival is a nice cruise line for different people

Steve: Well I guess I just don't like Carnival but I respect your opinion

Dave: Well, aren't we all lucky there are different cruise lines that fit different people

Steve:Yes

Archived