Sailing out of Miami - when to do online check in?

Builder31

So we are booked on the Vista on 12/17/16 out of Miami. I've read that Miami has assigned check in times so I'm wondering if I should do online check in now? Or is 9 months too early?? Do they assign times based on when you do online check in? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So we are booked on the Vista on 12/17/16 out of Miami. I've read that Miami has assigned check in times so I'm wondering if I should do online check in now? Or is 9 months too early?? Do they assign times based on when you do online check in? Thx

I'm sailing out of Miami in February! I already did my online check in but there was not an option to select a time. I did do the rest of the check in. It is my understanding, based off other threads I've read on here, that there will be an option to select the time once cruise is closer. Also that you may receive an email letting you know to select the time, but everyone does not receive that email. Some say they only knew by logging in and seeing their check in was no longer complete. I have been logging in daily.

Does anyone know how far in advance they are posting time selections.

Edited by AlmostToTheFun

I'm sailing out of Miami in February! I already did my online check in but there was not an option to select a time. I did do the rest of the check in. It is my understanding, based off other threads I've read on here, that there will be an option to select the time once cruise is closer. Also that you may receive an email letting you know to select the time, but everyone does not receive that email. Some say they only knew by logging in and seeing their check in was no longer complete. I have been logging in daily.

Does anyone know how far in advance they are posting time selections.

I've read that the time selection isn't available as of yet for Vista. Someone else reported that we should be able to do it in May. I've been checking daily also.

You can do it as soon as you book.

I'm sailing out of Miami in November and I've already completed my online checking and I did have the option to select a check in time and I chose the 10 a.m. check in I figured that with a 10 a.m. check in time we will get on the ship a little bit after the platinum diamond and gold members and all the wedding parties and fttf parties.

I've read that the time selection isn't available as of yet for Vista. Someone else reported that we should be able to do it in May. I've been checking daily also.

John Heald has stated the Vista check-in times will be available in May. So that is the reason those of you on Vista do not see them yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I would go in and pick my departure time as soon as I booked the cruise.

Online checking does not all have to be completed/done all at once so if it was me I'd finish it after final payment like I normally do. At least if you go ahead and pick your boarding time right away you'll have better selections than if you wait.:)

I enjoyed using the Miami airport check in - is that service still available? Carnival had a small area set up to process cruisers flying in the morning of their cruise, and it was very convenient.

I would check in at the airport, and when I got to the port, I'd have a short wait in the VIP lounge before boarding.

Edited by evandbob

I enjoyed using the Miami airport check in - is that service still available? Carnival had a small area set up to process cruisers flying in the morning of their cruise, and it was very convenient.

I would check in at the airport, and when I got to the port, I'd have a short wait in the VIP lounge before boarding.

They had it last August. Very convenient.

I would go in and pick my departure time as soon as I booked the cruise.

Online checking does not all have to be completed/done all at once so if it was me I'd finish it after final payment like I normally do. At least if you go ahead and pick your boarding time right away you'll have better selections than if you wait.:)

Not for the Vista, Check in time is not available yet.