Escape - how long are the lines for...

janiss815

Hi, those who have been on the Escape recently, during spring break weeks...looking for some feedback on how long the lines have been (how many minutes wait) at the ropes course and water slides? We will be on her in 10 days (finally!!!) and I want to prepare myself and the kids mentally with lines for these activities.

Thanks!!

Janis

We were on two weeks ago, and the lines were looooonnnnnggg. The line for the blue tube water slide was especially long. 15 minutes before the slides opened on the first sea day, everyone lined up by the kids pool, where the entrance to the slides are. As soon as they opened, we were then in line to get a tube. But it seemed like people had come up the back way from deck 17 as well. Three lines merged into one. It was chaos. We probably waited between 30 to 45 minutes. Other days weren't quite as bad, but still a decent wait.

For the ropes course... it's hit or miss. One time we were in line for an hour. Other times the line wasn't so bad. You want to either be lined up before it opens, or go later. One of the guys working the course said the best time to go is around 5 or 6 pm (if it is open at that time). Many people go to get ready for supper and the lines tend to be shorter.

On a port day, if you get back to the boat early (or don't leave at all)... those are definitely the best times to go.

Just on the Escape over Easter. Didn't do the ropes course, and the only time we tried the slides was when we came back early from our day in St. Thomas (around 2 pm) because my wife had to call the mainland for a job interview.

At that point, the wait for the drop slides was about 10 minutes, and for the tubing slide, from the time we got in line to get a tube to the time we entered the slide, was probably 20-25 mins.

Pack your bathing suits in your carryon bags and do the water slides first thing when you board the ship! The Aqua Racer (tube slide), yellow slide and kid's slides were all open (not ropes course or drop slides). We did this and the lines were short because most people were eating lunch or checking out the ship. We just got off the ship on Saturday and we all did the slides and ropes course a lot throughout the week. Have a great time!! :)

Spring breaks are mostly over I think, so maybe it will be better. The lines weren't horrible the 1st week of march.
I would also figure that. We are on in a couple weeks and planned it so all the spring breakers are gone and the kids are back in school. I would bet the lines would be reasonably shorter.

Spring breaks are mostly over I think, so maybe it will be better. The lines weren't horrible the 1st week of march.

I like the sound of that. NYC public school spring break is so late this year. I'm not complaining, since we may have "missed" the crowd.

Can you do the ropes course right when you board? I was hoping to do it the first day since we will all have our tennis shoes on anyway.

Yes, it's open from 12 to 2:30 then closes because of the muster drill, then is open from 5 to 6.

We were on the Escape over Easter and the lines were not bad at all with one exception. On the first day sailing from Miami, everyone wanted to do the slides that afternoon and it was chaos. After that, day two and on, rarely were there more than 15-20 people in line for the big blue tube slide, fewer for the yellow one and less than a dozen at any given time for the drop slides. We went mornings to the pool area, from about 10 am thru 1 pm. Again, I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all.

For the ropes course, we went right when it opened a few times in the morning and at 3 in the afternoon on port days when it opened. Wait was very short but grew longer the later you went.

I like the sound of that. NYC public school spring break is so late this year. I'm not complaining, since we may have "missed" the crowd.

I'm so glad I booked the week AFTER the NYC public school spring break. I can't believe they have it so late! I figured booking first week in May, I wouldn't even come close to the spring break crowd but I guess not! School ends just a month later it seems like. So bizarre!

I'm so glad I booked the week AFTER the NYC public school spring break. I can't believe they have it so late! I figured booking first week in May, I wouldn't even come close to the spring break crowd but I guess not! School ends just a month later it seems like. So bizarre!

Can't say I blame you! LOL Yeah this year has been strange with spring break weeks for NY and NJ schools scattered throughout March-April. This is the latest in my recent memory for NYC schools. However if we are the only ones on spring break this week, I'm hopeful it won't be too crowded...in past spring break cruises we've taken, NYC kids weren't the majority in the ships.

Can't say I blame you! LOL Yeah this year has been strange with spring break weeks for NY and NJ schools scattered throughout March-April. This is the latest in my recent memory for NYC schools. However if we are the only ones on spring break this week, I'm hopeful it won't be too crowded...in past spring break cruises we've taken, NYC kids weren't the majority in the ships.

I made the mistake of going to Disney during some sort of NY/NJ break in January and it was a madhouse! Although I'd say it's safe to say you guys will be the only ones on spring break this late so hopefully it's enjoyable and not too crowded!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Hi, those who have been on the Escape recently, during spring break weeks...looking for some feedback on how long the lines have been (how many minutes wait) at the ropes course and water slides? We will be on her in 10 days (finally!!!) and I want to prepare myself and the kids mentally with lines for these activities.

Thanks!!

Janis

We were on the Escape last week 4/2-4/9 and as expected, the lines were crazy the first day or two but when you go to port and just come back on the boat an hour or two early there is no line at all, we did all three sets of slides probably 5 times each and did not wait more than 45 seconds each time. The ropes course was also completely empty when getting back on the boat port days.

We were on April 2-9. Lines are super long when they first open so you just have to check and come back if you don't want to wait. We definitely found many times where there was no wait at all on anything, especially as it gets closer to dinner time. My kids did the ropes course about 10 times and the longest wait they did was 10 minutes.