CCL promises game-changing internet .... in 2015

OlsSalt

Strange that they didn't put this "10 times faster" system on the K'dam. Or maybe they just don't have the necessary land-based antennas installed around the Med yet.

It's the latter. The Koningsdam has the fast satellite, but that's still slow when compared to the speeds you get with long range ground stations.

It's the latter. The Koningsdam has the fast satellite, but that's still slow when compared to the speeds you get with long range ground stations.

Is that why they're not offering the Westerdam's pricing? And Westerdam is still offering it while in the middle of absolutely nowhere (ie Pacific).

It's kind of infuriating to me, honestly.

Is that why they're not offering the Westerdam's pricing? And Westerdam is still offering it while in the middle of absolutely nowhere (ie Pacific).

It's kind of infuriating to me, honestly.

No idea about the pricing. The speed is definitely related to where the ship is sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Premier Sailing on the Koningsdam. The internet was touted as being the newest, the best, and the fastest of the fleet. Not only was it painfully slow and consistently intermittent, HAL STILL had the old archaic pay by the minute plan! Prior to sailing, I continued to receive "unofficial comments" that the internet speed and quality would be top shelf and the "Westerdam" type plan (Choose one of three plans for a flat $ amount for full unlimited access). What I can share is shock that the newest ship in the fleet didn't offer state of the art internet combined with affordable pricing plans.