Graturity on free drinks package

JustOxford

One more piece that is independent of the gratuity charge is the local tax charged. This tax takes place when the ship is in certain US ports and is based on the full cost of the beverage. This is not an NCL thing but the local city \ state charges this. Just wanted to bring that up as it does suprise people and I see you are from the UK

One more piece that is independent of the gratuity charge is the local tax charged. This tax takes place when the ship is in certain US ports and is based on the full cost of the beverage. This is not an NCL thing but the local city \ state charges this. Just wanted to bring that up as it does suprise people and I see you are from the UK

It isn't just US ports. Tax is charged in some European ports (including the UK).

if I stay on the free drinks choice on bar menu.

There is no separate section for free drinks, btw. Any drink you see on any menu will be free for you. The only exception is anything over $15, which isn't really much, and even then you just pay the difference and not the total amount.

There is no separate section for free drinks, btw. Any drink you see on any menu will be free for you. The only exception is anything over $15, which isn't really much, and even then you just pay the difference and not the total amount.

There is on Sky. UBP there is nowadays included for everybody but only covers designated drinks.