Vibration Vogager Info please

drcandon

We are currently on Voyager in 1030 and family in 1032. Vibration is almost ruining our cruise. We are very disappointed in the whole Regent experience. Certainly not the 6* we were expecting. Although the the quality of the food is excellent it often comes cold, there is no attention to detail. Salads requested without dressing comes with dressing, dishes requested without potatoes come with....I could go on and on. Each thing individually is minor but is is relentless. i think it is a lack of guidance from senior management. We have discussed our problems with the general manager so let's hope things improve. I'm sure I'll get flamed down for this review. PS. I have sailed all the 6* lines so can make a good comparison.

Grandma Gilly, you should certainly not be flamed commenting on your current on board experience. I would also complain if that was how I was finding the food being served. It's good you have discussed this with the general manager as that was the situation should be looked and and definitely be improved for you. The feedback from a lot of people seem to highlight the lack of direction and training for new staff, which for the passenger on board who is paying very high prices and saving all year for the 6 star experience is really not acceptable. No doubt on here the excuses will come sprouting forth but at the end of the day it's not what you expect from previous cruises on regent.

Hope things improve for you and you have a wonderful time on the remainder of the cruise. Jean.

We are currently on Voyager in 1030 and family in 1032. Vibration is almost ruining our cruise. We are very disappointed in the whole Regent experience. Certainly not the 6* we were expecting. Although the the quality of the food is excellent it often comes cold, there is no attention to detail. Salads requested without dressing comes with dressing, dishes requested without potatoes come with....I could go on and on. Each thing individually is minor but is is relentless. i think it is a lack of guidance from senior management. We have discussed our problems with the general manager so let's hope things improve. I'm sure I'll get flamed down for this review. PS. I have sailed all the 6* lines so can make a good comparison.

I'm sorry you're experiencing the vibration problem - honestly, I never had an issue with it on Voyager, but it it's bothering you on that ship, I'd recommend never booking on Navigator, especially aft!

There's really no excuse for the dining issues you've mentioned. I experienced a few - very few - similar issues on my last cruise, but it wasn't an ongoing thing. If we'd have had problems consistently, as you've had, I would have been upset as well. With the crew changes that happen while staffing a new ship I think we all expected some minor glitches while new staff got ramped up, but if there's a problem and you've identified it and it's not fixed, that is unacceptable.

Please let us know if your conversation with the GM made things any better - I'd like to think that Regent can fix things like that on board without too much trouble...

I would also like to know how the G.M. along with the F&B Director addresses your issues. IMO, there is no excuse for cold food. I would keep sending it back until they get it right (hopefully this would happen quickly).

One suggestion is to advise your server of the issues and ask him/her to check on your food prior to delivery. We had a problem with boiled eggs being undercooked - our server would check and send it back himself if it did not seem right.

Wow. So disappointed to here about your problems with the food and dinning room. I had similar problems on the Voyager earlier this year and believed the cause to be because of to many new persons in the wait and kitchen staffing due to the new ship. I would have hope the situation would have improved all these months latter. From your report I guess I was wrong. I am on the Voyager in the Baltic next month and will be chagrined if it is not fixed by then.

Please post a full review of your voyage when you return. BTW who is the General Manager you spoke with?

j