in suite cocktail party

Wyuna1

We areconsidering an in suite suprise birthday celebration for our Daughteri on an upcoming Voyager cruise. Have already booked chops grill but would like to do something special at lunch. DO Royal provide a in suite catering service, has any fellow cruiser done a similar thing and an advise of its success and approx cost.

I don't know the cost but during our Cabin Crawl on grandeur the couple staying in the RS had the concierge set up some wine, apps and fruit trays while we were making our way there.

Thanks for that at least I know that it may be possible to organize. I hope that you tick Australia/New Zealand off your bucket list in the near future.you will not be disappointed I can assure you. Thanks once again from D own Under

Thanks for that at least I know that it may be possible to organize. I hope that you tick Australia/New Zealand off your bucket list in the near future.you will not be disappointed I can assure you. Thanks once again from D own Under

Australia/New Zealand will be the first cruise when my DH retires... unfortunately that isn't around the corner

I guess it depends upon the ship...and of course, what kind of amenities you want.

We asked about having a party in our Aqua Theater Suite on the Allure a number of months ago (~20 people). They will not serve liquor or wine from an opened bottle....so if you want alcohol, you must purchase the entire bottle and of course, it is ungodly overpriced. The price we were quoted for 5 bottles of liquor, 2 bottles of wine and some sodas and mixers was well over $1000. We thanked them and then just laughed. No.

Depending upon what time of the day you want the event, you can order any number of appetizers to be brought to your room from the MDR (if the event is during hours that the MDR is open)...so food isn't really an issue. The cost for having a server was actually very reasonable - $50/hr. It was the alcohol that was prohibitive. Of course, if you purchase the entire bottle of liquor (or wine) you then own it so you can keep whatever is left over but what would I do with a bottle of Jim Beam (plus all of the other open bottles) with a couple of shots out of it ? I certainly can't take it home with me (airplane) and I would never be able to drink all of the leftover liquor before the end of the cruise. It just wasn't logistically practical.

I've thrown a lot of these...

You can order food/catering from the group coordinator on the ship. It's very easy. You pay per person. There's maybe 8-10 various menu options featuring different pairings of hors d'oeuvres and canapés. You can also opt for just like cheese and vegetable platters, shrimp cocktail platter, etc.

Regarding the drinks you have two options. You can pay per hour or per drink. They generally require a server in the room to pour the drinks. The cheaper option for us, given that it wasn't a huge group, was to pay for the server (about $50/hour) then pay for the drinks a la carte, which were the same price you'd pay in any of the bars. Overall it wasn't too expensive.

We did it March of last year on the Oasis. First, I Emailed the concierge who referred me to the Group Sales department. Once I first EMailed I had a response in 72 hours. I did this several months prior to our cruise and still got a quick response.

They were great, we did it on debarkation day directly after muster drill. You hire by the hour and pay per person per hour. Cost is dependent on what food and drink category you pick.

We did mid-range heavy appetizers and all inclusive drink package. You can do a pay by the drink option, but the package worked out about the same and there was no settling up at the end.

We did not have to pay for them to open a full bottle. One guest likes Jack Daniel's which was not in our category. They went and got it for him and didn't charge us anything extra.

We had heavy appetizers and had food left over. I will have to look for the invoice, but I think we did three hours, had two bartenders and a server. I recall the cost was around $600 for 14 people.

We had an OS so plenty of room for the bar set up and buffet table. Everybody thought it was a highlight of the trip.

I am pretty sure I have deleted all my Emails, but I did post the information before on CC. If you search my posting you should be able to find the EMail address.

Edited by jamesr3939