Warm chocolate melting cake

deb1eric

Anyone know if they serve this at the buffet, this is my favorite and why I cruise Carnival. Also do they serve the same good as the MDR? There are some nights that I want see the 9pm show and I have late seating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Due to the limitations of the buffet, it would be difficult to keep the WCMC at a proper temperature for several hours. So to answer your question, no, it is not served at the buffet. There are two show times for the show in the theater. One is for those that have early seating, and one for those that have late seating. Consult your Fun Times for the show times.

Anyone know if I can walk into the dining hall at 8:15 and order the WCMC while everyone is eating appetizers

You can go to the dining room during your normally scheduled time (or anytime dining?) and order just the dessert. Just eat at the Lido buffet if you choose, then go to the MDR for your dessert. This was discussed in length on another thread a couple of days ago....

Anyone know if I can walk into the dining hall at 8:15 and order the WCMC while everyone is eating appetizers

You can arrive at your regular late-seating time and just order dessert. Be prepared to wait as the galley will be set up to serve meals traditionally where dessert comes at the end of the meal. This especially holds true with the WCMC which is baked to fairly precise timing. It's definitely doable as long as you're patient.

Or why wait??? This was such a favorite of mine I found a recipe years ago that is a dead ringer.

Melt.1 stick butter with 3/4 cup (I usually add just a little more between 3/4 and 1 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips ( I do this in micro in 30 second intervals stirring real good after each 30 seconds - only takes like minute and a half to 2 minutes). Mix 2 eggs and 3/4 cup regular sugar in another bowl and beat like mad until pale yellow add 3 tablespoons flour and beat like crazy again until smooth. Make sure chocolate mixture has cooled and mix both chocolate and egg mixture.together and beat until well blended. Pour into little ramakins (makes 4) and bake at 400 degrees for 18- 20 min if you like real runny middle 20-22 for more set center.

Dust with powder sugar and add a side scoop of vanilla icecream.

Takes litterally like 5 min to whip up and 20 to bake....super easy! And since just hubby and I we reheat the second one the next day in micro for 20 seconds or so and enjoy on night 2!

I know it's not WCMC, but a couple weeks ago we saw bitter and blanc in little ramekins in the buffet on the Conquest. I'd never seen them before, so was very surprised they had a specialty dessert in the buffet.

Boy were we happy!!!! :D

Edited by Beach_gal

if you have ATD you can

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

If you could get it at the buffet it would not be warm or melted any longer

There are warming trays on the Lido deck. They could use them for the cakes. Fresh ice cream and FroYo available at Swirls

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(