Help with routes

queeniesgirl

We want to book a cruise next summer and looking at two different routes. Both on Magic. Prices comparable. Both are 8 days. Anyone have any recommendations???

Eastern (Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Maarten)

Southern (Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk)

TIA

Wow, that's a gard one for me. I love the thought of going to St. Maarten...Maho Beach is a bucket list item for me. On the other hand, I've never been to Curacao and it's been a loooooooooong time since I've been to Aruba...and there is an extra sea day, which I like. All that being said, I'd pick Southern, even though it means missing out on Maho Beach.

We want to book a cruise next summer and looking at two different routes. Both on Magic. Prices comparable. Both are 8 days. Anyone have any recommendations???

TIA

I have done both and I love the Southern, esp Aruba.

We've done them all and if you've never been to most of the islands I would take the southern route. it's easier to pick up the east and west routes any time of the year. Plus I love the extra sea day

TIA

It depends. Do you prefer port days or sea days? The eastern gives you more ports and the southern gives you an extra sea day.

Have you been to any of these ports? Are you looking for new ports?

Having been to all the ports, I personally would choose the eastern route. More options in each of those ports. Aruba and Curaçao are just beach days for us now that we have been there several times.

I'd do the Southern. Those routes aren't offered as frequently and the ports are not as crowded. The other route has fairly typical stops and you could do them just about any week on any cruise line from multiple cities.

It depends. Do you prefer port days or sea days? The eastern gives you more ports and the southern gives you an extra sea day.

Have you been to any of these ports? Are you looking for new ports?

Having been to all the ports, I personally would choose the eastern route. More options in each of those ports. Aruba and Curaçao are just beach days for us now that we have been there several times.

I have only been to San Juan on a cruise stop - and that was 26 years ago. I'll obviously hit Grand Turk with either route. We like both sea days and port days. We will have an "extra" sea day on this cruise, since it's an 8 day. First time for doing this. Thanks for your reply :)

Wow, that's a gard one for me. I love the thought of going to St. Maarten...Maho Beach is a bucket list item for me. On the other hand, I've never been to Curacao and it's been a loooooooooong time since I've been to Aruba...and there is an extra sea day, which I like. All that being said, I'd pick Southern, even though it means missing out on Maho Beach.

FYI While we were in St. Maarten in Sept 2015 on boat excursion, we stopped near Maho Beach to watch the aircraft land. The beach has washed away. Only rocks in the area now.

We've done them all and if you've never been to most of the islands I would take the southern route. it's easier to pick up the east and west routes any time of the year. Plus I love the extra sea day

Very good reason. Like you stated, not easy getting a southern......:)

TIA

Having sailed to all ports mentioned, I highly recommend the southern route.

Aruba is beautiful. The first time we were there we took a jeep tour of the island. The second time we took a segway tour and spend time at the beach.

Curacao is wonderful. For our first trip we spent time at the synagogue. The floor of the synagogue was covered in sand imported from Israel. It was beautiful. Our tour guide never showed the last time we visited the isalnd so we just walked around the shops.

We've been to GT twice, with our third coming up in a few weeks. We went to the beach, we rented a cabana at Margaritaville, we relaxed and frolicked in the pool and ocean.

Four sea days and three ports is definitely our idea of a great cruise.

Having sailed to all ports mentioned, I highly recommend the southern route.

Aruba is beautiful. The first time we were there we took a jeep tour of the island. The second time we took a segway tour and spend time at the beach.

Curacao is wonderful. For our first trip we spent time at the synagogue. The floor of the synagogue was covered in sand imported from Israel. It was beautiful. Our tour guide never showed the last time we visited the isalnd so we just walked around the shops.

We've been to GT twice, with our third coming up in a few weeks. We went to the beach, we rented a cabana at Margaritaville, we relaxed and frolicked in the pool and ocean.

Four sea days and three ports is definitely our idea of a great cruise.

Thank you so much!!