Boardwalk balcony on Oasis

Sorry -

The rearward view from all Boardwalk B1/B2 rooms (including 12329) is impacted. The slides are AFT of all of these rooms.

I added a RED pointer to the rearward view from room 12329. You will still have some view of the theatre, but you will have to look thru white poles and purple slides.

Sorry

25sag4g.jpg

Did anyone figue out how do you go back up to the top for this slide? Where did they put the carousel?

This just bites! I thought 12329 was just past that crap, but I think the stupid stantion wires are also going to be a factor. The only reason I booked it! I may just see what I can find on O or A! Before everyone else is switching.

I hope we get more feed back quick on this! The backlash I believe will start immediately.

We're on Allure in 10327 next winter, finally trying an Oasis class. This pic reminds me why I'm happy all our other bookings the next couple years are on Freedom/Radiance/Explorer class ships.......;)

Just rub in! [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Did anyone figue out how do you go back up to the top for this slide? Where did they put the carousel?

This just bites! I thought 12329 was just past that crap, but I think the stupid stantion wires are also going to be a factor. The only reason I booked it! I may just see what I can find on O or A! Before everyone else is switching.

I hope we get more feed back quick on this! The backlash I believe will start immediately.

Just rub in! [emoji12]

I was booked in one of these cabins too and switched. I not only switched cabins I switched ships. I am on the Allure instead with no obstructions.

I wonder if this is why they are offering the free soda packagesin the boardwalk/central park bookings even though the obstructions are only on the Harmony?

Bill

I was booked in one of these cabins too and switched. I not only switched cabins I switched ships. I am on the Allure instead with no obstructions.

I wonder if this is why they are offering the free soda packagesin the boardwalk/central park bookings even though the obstructions are only on the Harmony?

Bill

Bingo the new perks are actually for this issue of this slide.

I am working on changing as well, but what is up with $500 deposit[emoji49] ! I am just getting tired of these games!

I wanted to be on the newest Oasis class, but I don't want to put up the noise and looking at a purple tubes at my balcony. I have no desire to ride them. I wanted to see the show, ocean and football! I assume they show the games on those screens!

We're on Allure in 10327 next winter, finally trying an Oasis class. This pic reminds me why I'm happy all our other bookings the next couple years are on Freedom/Radiance/Explorer class ships.......;)

I got Oasis $350 less 2 deck down other side 1 cabin in better cat.; Score[emoji2]! Feeling better by the second! Going to sleep on it maybe wait for more pix's and pissed pax's. 5/29 1st full sailing.

I figured $500! My mistake.

I'm a bit late to the game here...

We had 12329 this last year and loved it. The fact that is was shaded by the ship structure was good for us. Never felt any privacy concerns as long as we made sure the curtains were drawn when necessary. Enjoyed the hang glider art and occasional zip-liner as well as the boardwalk/aft ocean view. Noise was not a major issue, but you could hear a bit more activity than say, an inside or ocean view.

One recommendation I would make is to watch the aquashow from the stadium seating first night, then watch later showings from the balcony. From above you can see the rescue divers, and the props and swimmers under the water, which gives you a bit of a 'behind the scenes' perspective, but it does take away a bit of the intended 'magic' of the show. Was really neat to watch both views. And the practice sessions which were usually about an hour before the first evening aquashow were also pretty amazing to see. Incredibly talented people just messing around and doing some crazy stuff without the structure of the show to get in the way...

One negative to those end balconies is that it is a bit of a walk and probably not the best option for anyone with mobility issues.

I'm a bit late to the game here...

We had 12329 this last year and loved it. The fact that is was shaded by the ship structure was good for us. Never felt any privacy concerns as long as we made sure the curtains were drawn when necessary. Enjoyed the hang glider art and occasional zip-liner as well as the boardwalk/aft ocean view. Noise was not a major issue, but you could hear a bit more activity than say, an inside or ocean view.

One recommendation I would make is to watch the aquashow from the stadium seating first night, then watch later showings from the balcony. From above you can see the rescue divers, and the props and swimmers under the water, which gives you a bit of a 'behind the scenes' perspective, but it does take away a bit of the intended 'magic' of the show. Was really neat to watch both views. And the practice sessions which were usually about an hour before the first evening aquashow were also pretty amazing to see. Incredibly talented people just messing around and doing some crazy stuff without the structure of the show to get in the way...

One negative to those end balconies is that it is a bit of a walk and probably not the best option for anyone with mobility issues.

Thank you Doug for your extremely helpful info. You must of been on O or Allure.

The most recent of this conversation is about Abyss and the fact it is going to be a major intrusion on the view on Harmony. I think even the beautiful 12329 view will be impacted[emoji49]!

I am so concerned that I just booked 10727 on Oasis for my Sept 2017 birthday cruise.

Soooo....I just had to look this up....RCCL wants to bring water slides to all Oasis class ships and maybe Quantum...but its not clear to me if they mean the Abyss or the 3 other ones...Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell....anyone know?...I found this article on the royal Caribbean blog siite

http://www.******************.com/2015/04/29/royal-caribbean-will-add-water-slides-all-oasis-class-ships

Edited by E23NK1

I suspect after May 29 that tune will change with Abyss! That thing effects the view of every cabin on Park and Boardwalk. It now interrupts the vibe and charm of that area. People don't understand until they deal with it in person.

A lot of people think it is cool about the new perks.

[QUOTE=Justmekaren918;49914257]I suspect after May 29 that tune will change with Abyss! That thing effects the view of every cabin on Park and Boardwalk. It now interrupts the vibe and charm of that area. People don't understand until they deal with it in person.

As Royal has continually shown with past changes for every person that doesn't like the change there are many more who do and will fill those cabins. I for one am looking forward to my aft Boardwalk cabin on Harmony. I seriously doubt that Royal will alter their plans (if they have any) about retrofitting the Abyss onto other ships just because of the view.

Also the BV perks are not offered as a form of compensation because of the blocked view as they are being offered on Oasis and Allur as well as the CV rooms.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

[QUOTE=Justmekaren918;49914257]I suspect after May 29 that tune will change with Abyss! That thing effects the view of every cabin on Park and Boardwalk. It now interrupts the vibe and charm of that area. People don't understand until they deal with it in person.

As Royal has continually shown with past changes for every person that doesn't like the change there are many more who do and will fill those cabins. I for one am looking forward to my aft Boardwalk cabin on Harmony. I seriously doubt that Royal will alter their plans (if they have any) about retrofitting the Abyss onto other ships just because of the view.

Also the BV perks are not offered as a form of compensation because of the blocked view as they are being offered on Oasis and Allur as well as the CV rooms.

Keep telling yourself that! The perks are a bribe and it is only for the 2 boardwalk neighborhoods!?!

Your are right Royal won't bother to listen or even really track where the complaints are coming from. Royal is damm to what we had and screw it all; foward all ahead. We have seen this with crown vik, but that didn't mess with 2 neighborhoods. Time will tell how this goes!

I'm glad I have a backup plan to my sailing now before it was too late to get what I wanted.

Not sure what RCCL has planned for the other Oasis class ships but in my opinion I would then consider those rooms as obstructed view.

We have Oasis Boardwalk 12729 booked for 2018 so if I am going to have tubes, wires and columns outside of my balcony then I would switch to an ocean view...its just my opinion but we wouldn't be interested in that view....may as well have an inside at that point and save the money...lol

Not sure what RCCL has planned for the other Oasis class ships but in my opinion I would then consider those rooms as obstructed view.

We have Oasis Boardwalk 12729 booked for 2018 so if I am going to have tubes, wires and columns outside of my balcony then I would switch to an ocean view...its just my opinion but we wouldn't be interested in that view....may as well have an inside at that point and save the money...lol

I have 12329 on Harmony to save money and I still have an ocean view. I have no desire to look at a purple tube 10 to 20 feet from my balcony along with all the wires. I wanted the boardwalk experience and the view of the show, water and football. I have a backup in Oasis cabin 10727 for same sailing. I refuse to pay the extra to move to an ocean balcony.

Time will let us know the answer since pax start sailing May 29th. Let the complaining begin for the boardwalk neighborhood.

I have 12329 on Harmony to save money and I still have an ocean view. I have no desire to look at a purple tube 10 to 20 feet from my balcony along with all the wires. I wanted the boardwalk experience and the view of the show, water and football. I have a backup in Oasis cabin 10727 for same sailing. I refuse to pay the extra to move to an ocean balcony.

Time will let us know the answer since pax start sailing May 29th. Let the complaining begin for the boardwalk neighborhood.

on a separate note...You can have 2 bookings for the same cruise?...then cancel the one you don't want?...just curious...Thx

on a separate note...You can have 2 bookings for the same cruise?...then cancel the one you don't want?...just curious...Thx

That's one of the reasons you see a lot of rooms open up around final payment date. Between that and groups releasing the rooms, sometimes quite a few rooms suddenly become available.

That's one of the reasons you see a lot of rooms open up around final payment date. Between that and groups releasing the rooms, sometimes quite a few rooms suddenly become available.

It Dawn on me that they had crazy good sales when Harmony was announced, but yet when I booked this months ago I don't believe this purple monster beast called Abyss was known. There are potentially a lot people stuck they are past final payment and everything as been booked to get there. I am thankful I am not stuck and hence I now have options and it is $350 less.

The other item that dawned on me both other Oasis ships have just finished drydock, so hopefully there will be a while before they mess with there view, vibe and feel on those boardwalk neighborhoods.

I place money just like you said there is going to be a wave of people moving ships, and I am a head of the curve. I also thought those last two cabins weren't effected, but yet they will be to a degree. Til we see real pix come back, we don't have a full informed knowledge on Abyss. Those pix right now do not look favorable.

No you can't have 2 bookings for the same cruise.

You can have multiple cruises booked for the same week but you can't make more than 1 booking in your name on each cruise.

When it comes to final payment date you cancel all but the one cruise you decide to go on.:)

Bill

No you can't have 2 bookings for the same cruise.

You can have multiple cruises booked for the same week but you can't make more than 1 booking in your name on each cruise.

When it comes to final payment date you cancel all but the one cruise you decide to go on.:)

Bill

Thank you Bill for that info.

I personally have 2 bookings for same basic dates on 2 Oasis class ships; to make sure I have what I want 4 my sailing and O is $350 less[emoji2]!

This was our view from 10329 on Oasis. We were very happy with the amount of ocean view, plus we loved being able to watch what was going on in the Aqua Theater! Different strokes for different folks I guess.

DSCF2075_1.jpg

We have the last balcony on deck 11 booked for our Harmony cruise. Not sure how much the Abyss will impact our view.

This was our view from 10329 on Oasis. We were very happy with the amount of ocean view, plus we loved being able to watch what was going on in the Aqua Theater! Different strokes for different folks I guess.

DSCF2075_1.jpg

We have the last balcony on deck 11 booked for our Harmony cruise. Not sure how much the Abyss will impact our view.

Thank you for that great pix. I have 10727 on O, or I have 12329 on Harmony! Decisions!

Remember that Harmony is going to have a VERY different view from the Boardwalk balconies then Allure/Oasis.

4ec2e83e36d1b04af89f4716815bd2ba.jpg

If this is basically a almost final pix this will not impact 12329 outward water and show view. It is basically just before or equal! This was my 1st thought. Earlier pix seems way to close. Angle of pix is everything.

Remember that Harmony is going to have a VERY different view from the Boardwalk balconies then Allure/Oasis.

4ec2e83e36d1b04af89f4716815bd2ba.jpg

From the above pix and bottom pix from earlier the stantion support arms are on. I believe once the tubes were all attached the tubes were moved up and out. I believe in the bottom pix there is still 1 line of last cabin in string not captured in pix. from angle.

53953441decccb07d0f3cdcf96271ae8.jpg

Top pix doesn’t look as affecting the view as much; since the tubes were tightly close to poles.

I am so looking forward to pixs coming in from paxs! May 26th is a 3 day then 29th inaugural sail.

Keep telling yourself that! The perks are a bribe and it is only for the 2 boardwalk neighborhoods!?!

Your are right Royal won't bother to listen or even really track where the complaints are coming from. Royal is damm to what we had and screw it all; foward all ahead. We have seen this with crown vik, but that didn't mess with 2 neighborhoods. Time will tell how this goes!

I'm glad I have a backup plan to my sailing now before it was too late to get what I wanted.

Sorry but I don't understand how you can think that those perks are a bribe for the view being affected by the Abyss,

- the perks are offered to both Boardwalk and Central Park balconies. Last time I checked Central Park views are in no way affected.

- the perks are being offered on Oasis and Allure as well and it will be 3-4 years before they possibly get the Abyss installed

- the perks are not being offered until November yet Harmony sails in May.

I am asssuming that Royal is offering these perks as a way to be able to create some interest in these cabins and not have to discount them as much as they have in the past. I just don't see it having anything to do with the Abyss on Harmony.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

DSCF2075_1.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photo. We have this cabin booked for our Oasis cruise. Looks like a fantastic ocean view!