Boardwalk balcony on Oasis

Note that the overhang/super structure covers the whole balcony for 12329, just like it does for our 12729 starboard side:

0953fd14e79b50e0ec98b6811dcd6850.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi...just curious...why would you take deck 11 over deck 12..we are looking to book for 2018...thanks for your thoughts.

Eric

Just my 2 cents, but on Oasis there is "hanglider art" that is in line with deck 12. Not a huge deal, but this could be a reason to prefer deck 11 over 12

n4y3ah.jpg

Note that the overhang/super structure covers the whole balcony for 12329, just like it does for our 12729 starboard side:

0953fd14e79b50e0ec98b6811dcd6850.jpg

Thank you for posting the pics...what is that glass area to the left of room 12329?...is that another room?...does that get in the way of your view?

Also the rock wall is close to the balcony?...if so, did you find that to be a problem with privacy?

Thanks to all for the info.

Eric

Hi...just curious...why would you take deck 11 over deck 12..we are looking to book for 2018...thanks for your thoughts.

Eric

Not saying it was terrible, in fact we loved it. I just think your view of for example the hills in st. Thomas when we were pulling in was a bit obstructed by being a little too high. Just an opinion, don't think you will go wrong with either deck. Here's a photo

132_zpscaafd053.jpg

Go with ocean balcony unless you like to be in a city with no privacy and everybody can see you. Plus it is noisy at times. The reason for being on a ship is to see the beautiful ocean not city life.

There are quite a few of us who would beg to differ but your opinion is no less valid than anyone elses. :-)

Sorry you didn't like the boardwalk balcony.

We had one on the Oasis and got another on the Allure for this year.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Thank you for posting the pics...what is that glass area to the left of room 12329?...is that another room?...does that get in the way of your view?

Also the rock wall is close to the balcony?...if so, did you find that to be a problem with privacy?

Thanks to all for the info.

Eric

The glass area is a control room for the Aqua theater shows. We never had issues with the rock climbing wall - I don't think we were able to see climbers on our side - it seems the pic creates a bit of an optic illusion. However, privacy can definitely be an issue if you leave the curtains open - you can see quite a bit into the cabins across from you, especially when the lights are on.

Thanks everyone....so we booked 12729...it was the only end room available until I got to deck 9....9729.

Now comes the time when I over analyze my selection...lol..We just came off our first aft balcony on Freedom and I know Oasis is a totally different ship.

I know its all personal preference but I truly value everyones opinions here on.

Do you think being alittle lower may increase the ocean views?

I know 12729 offers more cover from the weather.

any thoughts/opinions between deck 12 and deck 9?

Thanks again for the help...you all are awesome.

Eric

Thanks everyone....so we booked 12729...it was the only end room available until I got to deck 9....9729.

Now comes the time when I over analyze my selection...lol..We just came off our first aft balcony on Freedom and I know Oasis is a totally different ship.

I know its all personal preference but I truly value everyones opinions here on.

Eric

I don't have any personal experience, but here are pictures of the views from 9729 posted by another CC member.

We were in 9729 which was a great Boardwalk balcony cabin. The bed was near the closet, so I would imagine 727's bed would be by the window.

Here is the view from the balcony:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sorry, I know this probably makes your decision harder.

~ Judy

I don't have any personal experience, but here are pictures of the views from 9729 posted by another CC member.

Sorry, I know this probably makes your decision harder.

~ Judy

Thank you so much for the reply....I am on stateroom overload....haha

There are also fairly new added perks with those Boardwalk Balcony cabins too. For sailings after November 2016.

lunch or dinner for 4 at JR's

soda package for 2

private session rock climbing wall

We have the last 4 aft cabins on deck #9 for HOTS March 2017.

Where did you hear this? I've not heard this before - I have an aft Boardwalk Balcony for April '18, and was not aware of anything like this.

Where did you hear this? I've not heard this before - I have an aft Boardwalk Balcony for April '18, and was not aware of anything like this.

It came out a few months ago. :) Supposed to be standard for Boardwalk Balcony's now. There were also some perks (a bit different) for Central Park Balcony's.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307353

Edited by bouhunter

It came out a few months ago. :) Supposed to be standard for Boardwalk Balcony's now. There were also some perks (a bit different) for Central Park Balcony's.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307353

Here is pretty much the same info from the RCCL site...just pan down alittle on this page when it opens.

Even though the link is for Harmony, note the astrek that says OA Class Ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/

I love seeing all these Boardwalk Balcony views!! I was booked on Allure Boardwalk Balcony room 10-something for Jan. 2017, but due to scheduling issues we just switched to Oasis in a BB on Deck 9, either of which is fine with me. They all look fantastic.

That's nice about the Eat.Drink.Play amenities. I confirmed it's on the website in tiny fine print. :D I've never bought a drink package, because I'm mostly a water/tea/coffee person, but if it's free I'll use it a little bit.

Edited by emory2001

I'm not the person who made the statement about choosing deck 11, but I will weigh in on why I think 12729 and 12329 are the best boardwalk balconies... They are directly under the cover of the super structure. We had rain a couple of days on our Oasis cruise, but our balcony stayed dry. So we were able to sit out there despite the rain. Another reason is that there was a nice breeze coming through because of that structure. I will try to find a picture to show you what I mean.

I picked 11239 because it was relatively close to the Diamond Lounge and so we could view the Aqua show from balcony. In addition I wanted to be able to see the ocean. I personally prefer deck 10 or higher no matter which ship we are sailing on.

We just got off Oasis yesterday. We had room 8325. 3rd from the end.

Loved it.

I am not sure where the 'noisy' rep comes from, unless you are planning on being in the room a lot. During the day it is very active but you should be too! At night, it gets quiet, unless the aqua theater is being used and that's when having that locale is awesome. We watched it all from the comfort of our balcony.

Great to hear this. We are booked in 8727 on Harmony next year :cool:

Great to hear this. We are booked in 8727 on Harmony next year :cool:

Haven't pulled up the deck plan on Harmony but you maybe contending with Abyss blocking your view. Hence why the new perks. This is why I have the last B2 on Harmony deck 12[emoji2] for my Sept 2017 sailing. I will need more cow bell!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Eric

Here are a few more views from 12729, just so you can compare with the ones posted from deck 9... my personal preference would be deck 12, as it seems like the large Crown&Anchor structure would block a lot of your view on deck 9.

DSCN9659_zpsb7ckdt0f.jpeg

DSCN9670_zpslhfxqyey.jpeg

DSCN9588_zpsqstifump.jpeg

DSCN1822_zpsnwlqelrm.jpeg

Edited by APDMOM
typos

Thank you ADPMOM...great pics btw.

This will be our first non ocean balcony...and we love the aft balcony on the Freedom class ships as well as the ocean sounds but I am curious and excited to try this room/view....Plus you get the free Eat, Drink, Play package as a perk.

The one thing I did realize looking at the deck plans is that with 3 of us in a room, not all of the end Boardwalk rooms accommodate 3 people...so I think that almost locks me in to one end room each on decks 9, 10 and 12.

Thank you again everyone for chiming in.

You are welcome! You made a great choice. We will be in the same room again in June 2017. We also love ocean balconies and the afts on Freedom, but the price of the Boardwalk balcony is much more affordable, and the experience is certainly unique. [emoji846]

You are welcome! You made a great choice. We will be in the same room again in June 2017. We also love ocean balconies and the afts on Freedom, but the price of the Boardwalk balcony is much more affordable, and the experience is certainly unique. [emoji846]

Thank you also for the great pixs. I am in 12329 on Harmony. Wonder if the glider thing was added on Harmony and hopefully not because of Abyss all the stuff they need for it. It is going to be interesting to be in this environment, but being at the end should lessen it some. I am excited to experience it as part of my bucket list in sailing on all classes. Just need Quantum and it will be complete NP to Harmony - Empress.

You will have a lot more than a hanglider blocking your view on Harmony. The abyss will impact the view on Harmony. I predict more noise during the day when the sliude is in use.

b79932fe5aaeb3f46a629dc93467fad5.jpg

Yikes!!!!....lol...cool new RCCL feature but wow will that kill the views

You will have a lot more than a hanglider blocking your view on Harmony. The abyss will impact the view on Harmony. I predict more noise during the day when the sliude is in use.

b79932fe5aaeb3f46a629dc93467fad5.jpg

I am literally the last boardwalk (12329) cabin so Abyss shouldn't impact my outward view but it will effect looking back in. Welcome to Royal screwing with, and ruining a good fun community environment!

Welcome to the new perks to try to appease the massive amounts of complaints! When does she start sailing with pax? Que in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

Yikes!!!!....lol...cool new RCCL feature but wow will that kill the views

No kidding! Just about everyone outward view is wreck! Someone should of thought of it, but yet sadly most likely not; since the monstrosity is there.

Sorry -

The rearward view from all Boardwalk B1/B2 rooms (including 12329) is impacted. The slides are AFT of all of these rooms.

I added a RED pointer to the rearward view from room 12329. You will still have some view of the theatre, but you will have to look thru white poles and purple slides.

Sorry

25sag4g.jpg

Sorry -

The rearward view from all Boardwalk B1/B2 rooms (including 12329) is impacted. The slides are AFT of all of these rooms.

I added a RED pointer to the rearward view from room 12329. You will still have some view of the theatre, but you will have to look thru white poles and purple slides.

Sorry

25sag4g.jpg

We're on Allure in 10327 next winter, finally trying an Oasis class. This pic reminds me why I'm happy all our other bookings the next couple years are on Freedom/Radiance/Explorer class ships.......;)